“Sopanha is the best tour guide of Angkor, Cambodia and the highlight of my 1 month tour” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Angkor Guide Sopanha Private Tours

Angkor Guide Sopanha Private Tours
Street Behind 10 January High School, Siem Reap, Cambodia
+855 92 935 197
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #186 of 522 Activities in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Owner description: My name is Yous Sopanha, I have been working as a tour guide for many years in Angkor Archaeological site as well as other tourism sites around Cambodia. I hold 2 Bachelor Degrees from Phnom Penh University in Social Science (history, philosophy...).
Westport, Canada
9 attraction reviews
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I cannot say enough about the 2 day tour we spent with Sopanha in Cambodia!! It was the highlight of our 1 month stay in Asia and I will never forget the sights and sounds I was able to photograph. I am a photographer by trade and our choice of tour guide couldn't have been better. We were met at the airport by his driver Nak (what a polite and friendly man) to take us to our hotel in Siem Reap. We had contacted Sopanha from the reviews on trip advisor and he was very quick to respond to all our messages and queries.

Angkor was of course a must go to location for us but I also wanted to photograph the people of Cambodia, their lifestyle and Sopanha's choices for our tour were exceptional. I loved the fact that he would stop the car at any point that he felt was something that I would like to photograph, and his choices were perfect. He was also more than happy to stop at any point I wanted to in our journey. His love and pride for Cambodia was so apparent as he explained each site and location. We visited rural communities, the floating villages and many sites at Angkor.

At one of the sites in Angkor he noticed several pieces of gum stuck to one of the stone walls,he removed them, such pride and love for these incredible structures. His knowledge was impeccable, friendly, warm, a true gentleman and it was very apparent that he cared deeply whether you were enjoying his tour. He knew all the spots for photos from different vantage points and the back ways in Angkor to avoid the crowds, as well as the time of day that was best.
The 2nd day of our tour Sopanha he took us to an oasis on the edge of a lake for lunch. We were the only people there at this 5 star picnic area under a canopy. The lunch was amazing and we chatted non-stop exchanging stories with each other of our countries and families. Totally delightful.
I would not hesitate to recommend Sopanha and his services while visiting Cambodia. My only wish is that we could have spent a week with him instead of 2 days.

Our sincere thanks Sopanha!!!
Ruth and John

Visited February 2014
Sopanha Y, Owner at Angkor Guide Sopanha Private Tours, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you so much for your amazing review.
It is very meaningful and helpful.
As you know, every month there are millions of people around the world use TripAdviosr to plan their perfect trip.
So because of your great feedback, it will influence over our next future visitors and they will understand very well about me.

Best wishes

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Ulverstone, Australia
“Fantastic Tour guide Angkor Temples & floating Village”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Sophana is a fantastic guide; he provides pickup & drop off at airport, comfortable, air conditioned transport in minibus tfo temples with chilled water supplied. He is very knowledgable, intelligent and compassionate re needs of our baby and grandparents ( family of 5), showed us excellent spots to take photos from and managed to arrange tours to avoid the crush of other tourists. We really enjoyed every moment with him and his proficient driver. He is also very compassionate re meeting the needs of the disadvantaged Cambodian villagers eg family wells project. Check out his site at www.angkorguidesopanha.com We have loaded some photos too.

Visited January 2014
Dear Sir or Madam

Thank you so much for your best feedback. I have a lot of great Reviews but your review is one of the best.
I adore it very much.
Every month, there are millions of people use TripAdvisor to plan their perfect trip. So your review will impact over our next visitors, they will more understand about me.

Again, thank you so much for great review.

All the best
Hong Kong, China
“Relaxed 3 day tour in Angkor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Good tour given by one of the guides working for Sophana, Honda in the Angkor area.
We spend 3 days touring there and did everything we were meant to. Having a guide and a driver made things easier with our two daugters. Everything was well organized including airport pickup and drop off.

Visited January 2014
Sopanha Y, Owner at Angkor Guide Sopanha Private Tours, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Sit/ Madam
Thank you so much for your amazing Review about my friend-guide and my services.
Your review is very important and helpful for Trip Advisor community.
As you know, there are millions of people around the world every month use Trip Adisor to plan their perfect trip. So I do believe our next future visitors will understand very about our well-known and professional team and my services.

Faithfully
Manila, Philippines
4 attraction reviews
“Had a great trip to Siem Reap thanks to Mr. Hong and Sopanha”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We wanted to book with Sopanha but he already had a full schedule and referred us to his friend Mr. Hong. Despite not being our official tour guide, Sopanha would always check on us and even took us to him restaurant which is below his home (food is really good!). We got to know him and he told us stories about his family and his energy and positivity is contagious!

We appreciated his time and concern for us and would definitely recommend his services!

Visited February 2013
Dear Sit/ Madam
Thank you so much for your great Review about my friend-guide and my services.
Your review is very important and helpful for community.
As you know, there are millions of people around the world every month use Trip Adisor to plan their perfect trip. So I do believe our next future visitors will understand very about our well-known team and my services.

All the best
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Truly Memorable Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Saphana is a wonderful guide that treats everyone in the trip like his dear friends. The sharing of his childhood and life experiences makes the trip more interesting and memorable. Besides that, Saphana is very professional in photography. He knows the best location to take beautiful pictures at each of the places we visited. I can't recommend him enough. I will definitely recommend Saphana to my friends and family if they are visiting Siem Reap in the future.

Visited December 2013
Dear Sit/ Madam
Thank you so much for your great Review about me and my services.
Your review is very important and helpful for community.
As you know, there are millions of people around the world every month use Trip Adisor to plan their perfect trip. So I do believe our next future visitors will understand very about me and my services.

Best wishes