“Very enjoyable evening” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Old House Restaurant

Old House Restaurant
Near Pub Street, Opposite the entrance of Siem Reap Referral Hospital (Provincial Hospital) | 2 Thnou Street, Siem Reap 855, Cambodia
+855 12 49 39 48
Improve this listing
Ranked #46 of 475 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: Cambodian, International, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Khmer owned restaurant-Close during Khmer New Year day and Pchum Ben day
Siem Reap, Cambodia
“Very enjoyable evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

The food at Old House is amazing. I had the fish amok and wow it literally melted in your mouth! We ordered a second to share as we enjoyed it so much. The service is amazing, you feel like it's upscale even though the price is so low. Shame this was our last night in Siem Reap otherwise we would definitely return for more!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Los Angeles, California, United States
“Good Khmer food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Came here because of the reviews and was not disappointed.

We got the smoked eggplant with pork and the chicken curry, both of which were great.

The prices were good and we had no problems with the service!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wausau, WI
“Very tasty food, friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I ate here last night and had a lovely time. I arrived around 6. Only one other table was occupied. Based on other reviews I decided to try the $6 menu. I had the green mango salad which was delicious, and the fish amok (because it seems to be a traditional dish and because I loved the name) which was also excellent. The portions were large. I ate all the salad but didn't make it through half the fish. The fruit plate (watermelon, pineapple and mango) was light and a wonderful finish to my meal.

Service was friendly and relaxed, but I wouldn't call it slow. It took a minute or two to get my beer after I sat down, and my wait for the salad lets me know it was made to order. The fish and fruit came out in a very timely manner as I finished each course.

I found the decor charming, the seats comfortable and the fans efficient. It was also a real pleasure to have a cloth napkin.

I'm here for two more days and pla to eat here again...though probably next time just a single course!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Siem Reap
“good food, slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

The food tasted great and was presented well, but it seemed to take forever. Same for the drinks. The staff is friendly but they seem to be slightly under staffed at times. If you are willing to wait it is worth checking out. Went back for lunch with a friend and the food came much quicker, drinks were still slow.

Visited February 2013
scotland
“food good value - service dreadful”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

OK, the set menu was $6 and myself and my wife thought it was good value and was very tasty. No complaints about that.
We sat fro 90 mins waiting for our main course, enough said.
Wine was reasonably priced so if you are preapred to wait then a reasonable meal awaits !

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Old-House-Restaurant, Manager at Old House Restaurant, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Sir,
First we would like to thank you for selecting our restaurant for your dine and also to take this opportunity to express my sincerely apology to all our value customers for the delaying the food.
We know that in these several days we had a problem of delaying the food due to the absence of two of our kitchen staffs as well as we get a lot of clients at the same time. One requested to leave and other one is our sous chef that just get a pregnancy and immediately informed that she can’t come because she get a serious pregnancy sick. Now we are searching for other staffs and everything will be running smoothly again in several days.
Once again thank you for taking your time to dine in our restaurant.

Your sincerely,