“Good introduction to Cambodian Cusine” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cambodian Cooking Class

Cambodian Cooking Class
| Corner of Pub Street (Street 8) and Sivatha Boulevard, Siem Reap 0000, Cambodia
+855 77 562 565
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #55 of 522 Activities in Siem Reap
Type: Classes/Workshops, Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: Create amazing Cambodian cuisine in this fully hands on class. Held in a beautiful village pavilion with personal cooking stations. Max of 6 people. Learn about Khmer cooking customs and superstitions and meet a village family to learn about cooking in Cambodian homes. Create 3 dishes and take home recipe cards for each. Lead by experienced Khmer chefs and instructors.* Return Transfers included* Fully Hands on and interactive
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Good introduction to Cambodian Cusine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Class is set just outside the town, but that's okay because it's pick up from your hotel. Very professional set up. Chef is with you explaining step by step each recipe. You get to create and eat your own food.

Visited August 2013
beyond_is_listening, General Manager at Cambodian Cooking Class, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for your kind review!

Dean and the Beyond Team

“Excellent and educational cooking class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed this class, the food and meeting other travelers. I especially enjoyed the opportunity to spend time, albeit brief, with a local village woman and her daughter viewing her cooking area, her herb garden and having a small sliver of a view into their daily life. The staff supporting and teaching our class was gracious, spoke English incredibly well, and provided historical perspective about the food and village life. I highly recommend setting aside a morning to participate in this class in Siem Reap. You will leave full of incredible food and had the opportunity to meet other travelers, dine in a small village environment (in style I might add) and meander back to your hotel by tuk-tuk, bicycle or car. You cannot help but smile all the way back! You are provided a book with several recipes but I recommend taking pictures of each step of the meal preparation and taking notes if you can. I have made a few of the dishes since returning and love that I have such great memories to go along with them.

Visited July 2013
Dear Fellow Traveller,

Thank you for joining our Cooking Class, and thank you for your excellent review! We really love to hear from our customers, about their experiences with Beyond and we appreciate that you are happy to share this with the TA community.

We wish you the best with the rest of your travels and hope that we can welcome you back to Cambodia in the future.

Kind Regards,
Dean and the Beyond Team
Siem Reap, Cambodia
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

This was potentially the highlight of my trip to Siem Reap. I did the afternoon cooking class, i was picked up at my hotel by tuk tuk and taken out to a nearby local village and then cooked some amazing food.

The staff are so friendly and sweet, with great English. The food was absolutely delicious and I can't wait to get home and try to cook some f the other recipes in the book. On top of it all it helps the people of the local village who get donations of food when you visit.

An absolutely sensational afternoon. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Visited August 2013
Perth, Australia
11 attraction reviews
“A great day, and learnt lots. This is a must do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

The ride in the Tuk Tuk from our hotel to the class started the day of well and we were smiling by the time we arrived. After being greeted by our host and the other participants arrived we visited a local family to view their garden and the fruit, veggies & herbs growing after a short conversation with the family to see how they cook their meals and presentation of a gift of rice it was back to our cooking class.
Then the fun begun our host took the class through each step of creating our dishes at a pace that was suited to the class's skill level and catered for individual preference with regards to spice. After all the dish's were completed we then moved to the dining pavilion located above a pond. At the end of lunch everyone was full and couldn't eat any more. And then we had the Tuk Tuk ride back to the hotel. More smiles!
This class was a real highlight of our time in Siem and we have returned home and attempted a couple of the dishes with success.

Visited July 2013
Taguig City, Philippines
“An experience never to be missed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Being a food lover and not much of a cook (I can't cook to save my life), I decided to make a last minute booking for this tour. Little did I know that I was the only one who booked it for that day! And all I can say is it was worth every last minute of my time in Siem Reap!

I was brought to Sojourn Hotel by a tuktuk and was welcomed by a staff from Beyond and Soujourn. They were really accommodating and gave good insights whenever I had questions not only about the ingredients they were showing me but also about Khmer culture in general. With this tour, you also have the opportunity to visit a local family, and I felt warmly welcomed by one of the families whose lady of the house just recently gave birth. Afterwards, I was brought to the cooking venue where one of the resident chefs was waiting and we all had so much fun, them teaching me how to cook and me making fun of myself because I don't know how to cut onions. We kept on making jokes about my lack of cooking skills and had a nice chit chat while I was trying my best with the Amok mix. Then after all the cooking and preparation, they will serve you your dish at a gazebo by the pond.

It was a really pleasant experience, and I would book it again to learn other Khmer cuisines. Kudos to their staff for making me feel at home as it was my first time to travel solo :) It was the perfect trip to cap off my Siem Reap visit.

Visited June 2013