“Best Service Ever!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Temple Hotel

You added Golden Temple Hotel to your Saves list
Golden Temple Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Makara Road, or Angkor High School Road, Siem Reap 17000, Cambodia   |
Offers & Announcements
Khmer meal set & BBQ
Ranked #7 of 230 Hotels in Siem Reap
Sydney, Australia
“Best Service Ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Staff are the friendliest and most welcoming people. Nothing was too much trouble and they made us feel very special. The size of our room was spacious as was the bathroom. Location of the hotel is very central and within walking distance to all shops and restaurants. Pool area is very nicely done. We got a bit spoilt as we were offered a free transfer, dinner, massage and picnic lunch. We enjoyed the cooking class tremendously and is highly recommended if you are looking to do something at the hotel. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (653)
Neutral Bay, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Everything about this wonderful hotel exceeded my expectations even with booking the VIP service it was better than expected! The hotel is situated close to everything, just a short walk to Pub Street. After a long flight with delays it was lovely to finally arrive at Siem Reap airport to be greeted by the hotel's free Tuk Tuk transfer. It was a safe & quick way to get to the hotel, upon arriving at the hotel I was greeted with a delicious welcome drink and a platter of snacks while they processed my registration. I was then showed to my room which was lovely - very cute boutique hotel with cute rooms. I must say they might be a little cramped if two people were staying for quite sometime however it was perfect for me travelling alone. The bed at first I thought was quite hard but managed to have two wonderful nights sleep so no complaints there! The first morning I had a tour to Angkor and the hotel prepared a packed breakfast for me to consume, I have to say I wasn't a fan of cold eggs & bacon however the baguette with strawberry jam was delicious along with the exotic fruits! After my tour to Angkor I returned to the hotel to take advantage of my complimentary lunch which I chose as Khmer BBQ it was delicious and then followed by my complimentary Khmer massage made for the perfect day in Siem Reap! The massage was so good I booked in for the next day which was a bargain - just $5 for a 1 hour full body massage!! The next day I had breakfast at the restaurant which had a great spread. I had to check out of the hotel in the morning, however they made the day most pleasant, I had a tour in the morning and they allowed me to use the facilities for the remainder of the day even offering a shower should I need it pre-flight. Throughout my stay I was blown away by the friendliness of staff and how they would go out of their way for you wish fresh fruit around the pool, to cold towels when you arrive back in the afternoon to nut trays if you were sitting around the public areas! I don't have a bad word to say at all and can simply say that if you are travelling to Siem Reap please don't look any further than Golden Temple Hotel!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
El Dorado Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Personalized service doesn't get any better. The staff all gets to know you by name and does everything they can to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. They put rose pedals on our bed with little towel swans. The room was a good size and very clean. The spa is excellent with extremely affordable prices. They will package up a breakfast to-go for those visiting Angkor Wat at sunrise. I can't say enough good things.

melbourne, australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

WE stayed for 4 nights in this hotel in Siem Reap. The hotel was small, not like some of the bigger flash name hotels, but the service and position was excellent. In fact I don't think you could stay in a nicer [place. From the moment we came in the staff was so welcoming,. Each time we spoke to them they made us feel we were the only guests in the hotel and they were serving us only.
The room wasn't the biggest I have stayed in, but it was comfortable and had everything we could need.
We were given towels and drinks when we arrived and also each time we returned from a tour, or even asked a question. The staff gave us nuts and drinks as we sat around the pool.
Thje deal was great we received breakfast, a free meal and frees 1 hour massage.. There were other freebies as well but we just dint need them.
It was well positioned, being only 5 minutes walk from the night market and "Pub Street", and close to all restaurants.
They picked us from the airport and dropped us off there as well in a yuk-yuk, which was an adventure in itself.

Room Tip: Try to organise a pool view room. I'm sure the others are nice but I think they look over a back...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I was very skeptical about going to a boutique resort in Cambodia, but WOW, we loved!! We stayed in a superior room on the third floor and found the room and bathroom spacious enough. It was also quiet, other than some noise from the karaoke bar next door one evening, but it wasn't too bad due to our location.

Prices for hotel services are equal or better than outside. Service is by far the best I've ever had, and everyone makes an effort to remember your name and greet you with a smile.

We'll never stay anywhere else in siem reap and recommend Golden temple to 2 German guys we meet during our next stage of holiday in Vietnam. They were also so impressed with the service during booking, that they also booked a few nights.

Cannot recommend highly enough!

Münchenbuchsee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

We (2 adults and 2 kidds) stayed for 4 nights in this hotel. Just perfect. Wonderful room, great food, nice pool and very friendly and helpfull staff. This is just a place we can recommend and we are for shure comming back. The only thing: If you want a quieter room ask the hotel. We had a Superior room just to the street which was noisy...

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
hamilton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

We stayed 11th to 15th February in this remarkable small hotel with unsurprised committment to service. I am not sure what I can write which has not already been positively covered by other guests. The location near to pub street, markets and some pretty good restaurants made it an ideal location to explore the market area on foot. The hotel arranged for a tour guide who was excellent and a tuk tuk driver for a very good rate. My wife and I travel quite a bit and the guide was on par with some of the best we have used over the years except that his passion for his country and pride in his burgeoning industry was self evident.

The crown jewel for this smaller hotel is the staff who as others have reported are exceptional;from the front desk staff who always remember your name, the ever present smiles, the great massage ladies, the housekeepers and managers. We have never met a staff so dedicated to making a stay so nice.

My wife on short notice asked for a little help in preparing a surprise for my birthday. She told me the next thing she knew,our room was decorated wonderfully, a cake arranged and inscribed, and plans to surprise me with a staff celebration. Not knowing what they had planned I was not the easiest person to pin down to surprise, but they kept modifying there plans until they could make a meaningful presentation of the cake.

All in all while we were quite pleased with the hotel, our room was quirky but worked well. The only negative was a nightclub close by was loud and the heavy beat went on until late at night.

We were on the 3rd floor facing the pool which may have focused the noise somewhat but other than transdermal quibble we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Great value, nice accommodations, solid food and exceptional service. While we have been in nicer hotels, we have never been treated better or more warmly. Truly a cambodian gem.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Golden Temple Hotel? Share your experiences!