+ location. quiet area, away from the hustle of main road.
- location. for last metres to get to HGV, one have to use a muddy or, depending on the weather, dusty road without street lightning.
+ pick-up service if you arrive by plane (from what we read in other comments here).
- no pick-up service if you arrive by bus (at least for us, coming from bangkok).
+ building: sort of french colonial-style building.
- building: at the time we stayed there, it was a construction area. So forget to get any sleep after 8 am. Not even on sundays. But as heavily as the workers doing their job, this problem should be solved soon.
+ rooms: huge, beds are comfortable and cleaning staff does a great job by cleaning the rooms every day. AC works well, too (but we had to ask for a reset, because it didnt work properly when we moved in).
- rooms: Bathrooms have clearly seen better days and Wifi didnt work in our rooms.
+ breakfast: free tea and coffee in the common area.
- breakfast: compared to restaurants just around the corner small and relatively expensive.
+ owner: extremely friendly and helpful guy, can help you with everything (tours, bus tickets, recommended restaurants,...). But, there lies the problem, too. Here is what we have experienced:
We booked tickets for a minivan to Phom Penh and ended packed up in an highly uncomfortable, old Land Rover with 5 other people. We could feel every bump - and there are a lot of them on the way to PP! Also, they forgot to tell us that we get picked up to get to the "minivan" 45 min before departure. Tough, when you are still in bed at that time.
Also, we did 3 tours with one of his tuc tuc drivers he is working with. At the first day, we had to argue with the driver about the price which had been agreed on beforehand. But communication with him was extremely difficult due to non-existing english skills.
On our last day, the owner told us that its so hard to get a visa in Phom Penh easily and in our specific case impossible within the next days due to a public holiday. Just be critical on the information you get. We got our visa without any problems within 1 day after arrival in PP.
To sum up: we had a highly ambiguous stay there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Siemreaprooms Holiday Villa is a British/Khmer run property with only 7 rooms with both A/C and fan rooms. The villa is run by Brian and his team. Siem Reap Holiday Garden Villa is located 5 minutes walk away from the Pub street and Old market area. Free wifi is available for our customers, free tea/coffee in reception and also a guest computer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Siem Reap Holiday Garden Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.