“Very nice stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sam So Guesthouse

You added Sam So Guesthouse to your Saves list
Sam So Guesthouse
2.5 of 5 Guest house   |   Wat Bo Rd #0164, Wat Bo village, Siem Reap 17000, Cambodia   |
Ranked #64 of 383 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
“Very nice stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We had a very nice stay in this guest house. They have nice rooms and excellent breakfast and also very good dinner is possible! You can rend a bike also for 1 dollar and visit the Angkor temples from here. Very friendly and helpful staff. Internet is free (also the use of the computer). And you can also do laundry. I recommend this guest house!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Greek first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

My notion of staying in a guesthouse/hostel was a lousy service, but when I read good reviews from Mr. Samso about his guesthouse I was so amazed how accomodating they are with all their guest. They even arrange our tuktuk driver and sights to see for our short stay in Siem Reap. Even on our late arrival, Mrs.So went by to greet and personally receive us in the lobby. For me, you feel a very homey atmosphere on this place, infact we decided to stay there for the rest of our trip. Definitely I would recommend this place for travelers.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

We booked at Sam So through Hostelworld.com, they provide free airport pick up (tuktuk) so I emailed my arrival time in the airport & they confirmed immediately.
The rooms are ok for the price, wifi is fast.
Location is also ok, 15min walk to Pub Street.
What makes them special is they really provide a family-like service. When we arrived at the guesthouse at 10pm, the hostel's co owner Mrs. Theavy even woke up to personally welcome us. And more importantly, they allowed us to use the shower room in their house before we left for our 10:30pm flight. Mrs. Theavy would have let us stay in our room if they were'nt fully booked that time. The owner Mr. Sam So was very thankful & made sure that everything is ok before we left.

• Stayed February 2013
Manila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Upon arrival around 9:30pm local time in Siem Reap we were picked-up by Lai ( Sam So Guesthouse's official tuk-tuk driver) on time. Saw my name type written in an illustration board which was the exact instruction of Theavy So. When we arrived the guesthouse we were greeted by the owner, Sam So, the same greetings we have here in the Philippines, very polite and you really can sense upfront how hospitable he is. Anyway, Theavy So is the wife of Sam So which actually I've learned from the later during our short conversation. The next day, we went down in the dining area to take our breakfast which is included in the accommodation package. We were greeted by a charming women which I guess Theavy So as described to me by her husband. Without further question I greeted her with her first name. She promptly ask what breakfast we want to eat from the set options. While waiting for our food t come I started to ask what's the best iterinary for 2-day tour and promptly get a map and explains the grand and small tour circuit. We got the grand tour in first day and small tour circuit the other day.

To cut my review short, you will never experienced bad moment staying in this guesthouse. A very hospitable, english-speaking couple and staff is the best armor of this guesthouse. Rooms are big enough with a sufficient supply of water.

The best thing amongst is that Theavy and Sam wholeheartedly offer their own comfort room to take shower the day we departed Siem Reap since our flight is at night and we need to check out 12pm as a standard check-out time. While I'm on my to way to their comfort room to take a shower Sam told me, "use our comfort room since you're part of our family now.. very touching words from him...

I will definitely come back here with my friends...

To Sam, Theavy and Lai, thanks for making my Siem Reap visit the greatest among my Asian Tour! More Power to you all and hope to see you soonest!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed there for 3 nights, the room was good for its price. The owner and all the staff were very friendly and helpful. Perfect :)

They organised the airport pickup, arranged all the trips with tuk tuk, booked a private massage, all at very good prices. Me and my friend left quite early to see the sunrise at Angkor Wat and they actually prepared the breakfast for us to take. It was very kind and thoughtful of them.

It's quiet at night so you can have a pleasant sleep. Doesn't take long to walk to Pub Street and the central so i would say it's a perfect place to stay if you travel to Cambodia :)

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor could be a bit dark but better internet connection
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I appreciate that for its price, it offers hotel-like facilities, free airport pick up, breakfast, fast and reliable wifi connection, and cable TV. The owner Sam So and his family were very warm and gracious, and very willing to help us out plan our itineraries. I the washrooms and quality of towels could be improved a bit, and I'd be willing to pay more for those. Adding common areas for tourist interaction would be great too. Overall, we still had a great stay and will definitely recommend to our friends.

Room Tip: The heat in Siem Reap could be unforgiving, so go for an A/C room. :)
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed there 4 nights and enjoyed it. The rooms are very spacious, clean and comfy, everything worked well. Excellent value. The location was good if you like to be a little outside of the Pub Street area action: one corner from the river, 7min walk to the action area, but in a little back-alley, so not much traffic noise. A few restaurant and shops close by for convenience. Breakfast is basic (an egg, white toast, butter, jam and a couple pieces of fruit), but ok. The staff were very friendly and helpful and made our stay enjoyable.

Would go back with pleasure!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sam So Guesthouse? Share your experiences!