“Very good!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: David Angkor Guide- Private Tours is a professional licensed Travel Agency to provide interesting daily tours privately to Angkor Archaeological complex and other interesting sites in Cambodia. Sovann (David) was a former high School Teacher of English language for ten years and graduated the bachelor of tourism. David, Ratanak and cousin team (Sophat,Lay,Ngov Sok,Sarith,Samnang,Ke Nit )are a Group of senior experienced, professional,friendly, licensed Angkor Tour Guides and have been working as tour guides for many years!We are a team who works together to offer you exciting memorable guiding services during your visit in Cambodia!!We will tailor suggested itinerary at your requests!!
Taipei, Taiwan
“Very good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We traveled to Cambodia in a private group of 6 people. David gave us a tour to Angkor Wat and Mountain Kulan with beautiful waterfall. He provided transportation with a van which prevented us from the heat. He was on-time, speaks English well and provided useful information about traveling in Cambodia. He tried his best to explain the history and culture. Without him, the tour around Angkor Wat wouldn't have been so impressive and unforgettable.Highly recommended!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Quezon City, Philippines
“Recommended Guide!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We got David to be our tour guide for two days---the first day for the Angkor complex and the second day for Beng Melea and the floating village. I can say that David made our tour more enjoyable, informative and free flowing. I don't think we would be able to appreciate the beauty of the Angkor temples and its significance to history if we didn't have him as a guide. David not only had so much information to share, he would also inject funny jokes in-between. Heck you can ask him anything under the sun, even those not related to the tour, and he will answer you without hesitation. He also provided a comfortable van as a recluse from the intense heat and for us to easily hop from one place to another. I would highly recommend David's tour services especially for the Angkor temples if you want an easygoing and enlightening trip.

“Very good tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

David,

Thank you very much for giving us a very interesting and educational tour of Angkor temples. I really appreciate everything you did for me and Laika. Until next time we visit or if friends of ours will go, I will surely recomend you.

Paulyn

Cognac, France
“David, A Great Tour Guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

i just returned to Siem Reap Angkor last month with my family again, and I booked David for a second time as tour guide, he said there is an availability during our reservation. He took us to different places where we didn't visit during our first visit. He brought us to the remote villages down in middle countryside, and just unexpected we met so smiley and very kind Cambodians.
We had a lunch with a family, eating rural khmer dishes, that was just brilliant and unforgettable for such experiences. That was a tour that we expected for our second visit to Cambodia, Siem Reap Angkor. Thanks and many thanks for David, organizing such excursion for me and my family.
I can't insist to write my experiences, and recommend David to other travellers.
Good continuation for your profession, David. Thanks.

Visited December 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Hire this guide!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Our original plan was to hire a tuk-tuk once we arrived in Cambodia. I'm so glad we changed our mind and booked David as our licensed guide before we left the US. We had a 10 day vacation in Thailand and Cambodia, and the time spent with David was some of the best experiences of our entire trip.

Every interaction with David was very professional. Prior to arriving, he promptly emailed our itinerary. He suggested options we hadn't considered, including visiting a floating village. It turned out the floating village was one of our favorite things about the trip. He arrived at our hotel on-time each morning, took us to great lunch locations and suggested dinner options for the evening.

Something unexpected was the amount of interesting conversation that occurred in the car. Not only did we learn about the temples we visited, he also talked about Cambodian culture, history and politics. It was fascinating and David peppered in a wonderful sense of humor.

For folks considering just hiring a driver/tuk-tuk, you should reconsider. Licensed guides can accompany you into the temples, whereas drivers can not. In addition to providing information about what we were seeing, David navigated the temples in ways we would not have known. I think we would have spent a lot of time wandering around lost, especially at Angkor Wat.

We highly recommend hiring David. You won't be disappointed!