“Very knowledgeable” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 527 Activities in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Owner description: David Angkor Guide- Private Tours is a professional licensed Travel Agency to provide interesting daily tours privately to Angkor Archaeological complex and other interesting sites in Cambodia. Sovann (David) was a former high School Teacher of English language for ten years and graduated the bachelor of tourism. David, Ratanak and cousin team (Sophat,Lay,Ngov Sok,Sarith,Samnang,Ke Nit )are a Group of senior experienced, professional,friendly, licensed Angkor Tour Guides and have been working as tour guides for many years!We are a team who works together to offer you exciting memorable guiding services during your visit in Cambodia!!We will tailor suggested itinerary at your requests!!
Hong Kong, China
“Very knowledgeable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I visited Cambodia by myself for three days and David showed me around as my guide. He had in depth knowledge of all the temples and past history of the country as well as perfect picture ops! It's fantastic how he could show me a side view of a temple that blocks out all the other tourists and just captures the magnificence of the temples!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Hong Kong
“Great tour with a great guide!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

We selected David as our guide based on reviews on TripAdvisor and were so glad we did! He had delivered everything that has been said about him plus more. We were a larger group with different personalities, needs and spontaneous requests, which could turn out to be quite nightmarish. However, David handled everything very smoothly and arranged alternatives on the spot so the original itinerary could carry on without a glitch while individuals still get what they wanted. Amazing! Thanks David, for being so patient, accomodating and fun! We had a great time and would recommend him to any fellow travelers!

Luzon, Philippines
“Can't go wrong with David”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

If you're looking for a guide who's very knowledgeable about Siem Reap, incredibly fun, loves to joke around, is a fantastic photo director, and is very accommodating, David is your guy. David was able to answer all our questions (and there were a lot!) about Angkor Park and further enriched our appreciation about their history and culture with all his info. What I also appreciated was that he knew how to avoid the crowd and he timed our tour just so that no time is wasted. Every minute of our day with him was used to the max. We left Siem Reap with tons of great pictures, happy memories, and a lot of souvenirs thanks to David. If you're someone who's looking for quality gemstones and goodies to bring home, he's your guy. A definite recommendation.

Tramore
“Look no further”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

When I started to compose this review about David, i scrapped it and started again. I cannot say enough to recommend the manner in which he conducts his tours. His personality, wit and humour shine through. It goes without saying that David is absolutely reliable and honest. He makes the best suggestions of any tour guide I have ever had. We did a two day tour with him of the Angkor Wat, Bayon etc.. I say say with certainty that without him we would have missed the interesting parts. I am sure that he is a historian passionate about his heritage and this shines through without being overly scholarly. When it comes to avoiding the crowds David has no peers, selecting all the perfect photo shots and opportunities. My only criticism is that when he took the camera to take shots of Marian and I some of these were better than my own.. All the photos David sent me of Cambodian life and scenes were fantastic. When I show them to family and friends at home I am definitely going to claim them as my own work. Having gotten to know David I am sure he won't mind. Once again I cannot speak too highly of his guided tours of the Angkor complex. If you want to see these temples properly, he is your man

Visited October 2012
boston, massachusetts
“2nd trip back with Brother David”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Just returned from a 2nd trip to Cambodia, mostly to see our tour guide from the first trip, David and hit some sites that we missed.

His constant personalization of our trip(s) made his tours so much fun. He took us to eat some local foods that we were trying to find, to some local karaoke, and deep into the nightlife as well.

I have recommended David to multiple friends traveling to Cambodia and they have enjoyed his tours as well.

I would HIGHLY recommend David to anyone looking to learn about Cambodia in fun and personalized manner. Probably the most charismatic tour guide I have ever had if you get to know him as a person rather than just asking questions.

Cheers Brother David, until we meet again!