“Friendly place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Siem Reap Riverside

You added Siem Reap Riverside to your Saves list
Siem Reap Riverside
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   #481, Sivatha Blvd | Vihear Chen Commune, Svay Dangkom District, Siem Reap 855, Cambodia   |
Ranked #125 of 232 Hotels in Siem Reap
“Friendly place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I stayed here back in July and everyone was really friendly and helpful. It was a close walk to pub street for entertainment and nightlife but quiet and clean. I was traveling solo and always felt safe. I would definitely stay here again. The breakfast was excellent too!

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Squamish, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Just came away from 4 nights at this hotel (really it's a guesthouse). Overall, it's what we expected for what we were paying ($20 US/night, booked online ahead). I'm sure walk in barter rate would be lower....

The good:
- free pickup at the airport
- location is OK, 8 mins walk to pub street / market, or a $1 tuk tuk ride
- free breakfast is pretty generic, but does the trick
- wifi is decent speed (not great in our room, but other areas strong)
- pool is ok, but a little hazy and green... We still used it every day though
- they were accommodating for our baby, let us use a room with a/c after checkout, while waiting to depart
- rooftop eating area was nice for a breeze
- room cleaned and fresh towels daily
- Safe in the room

The bad:
- the hotel arranged tuk tuks are way overpriced ($25/day for Angkor tour... Step onto street and get it for $15)
- beds are super hard
- the free airport ride is pickup only, leaving costs you $$ (again, $7 from hôtel, or $5 if you hail your own tuk tuk)
- charge $2 to use the pool on day of checkout, after 12pm
- AC in our room only kinda worked... Never got cooler than 25 degrees

They gave us the first room beside the lobby, which we thought would be loud.. It wasn't too bad, we were early to bed with the baby and never woken up.

Overall, set your expectations to common guesthouse level and you'll be satisfied. Oh, and once again, be sure to get your own tuk tuk for the common going rate.

Room Tip: Room 102 was low wifi, close to lobby for noise, AC is weak... Get a different room.
Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Siem Reap, Cambodia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

I am writing this review as I sit on the hardest bed I have ever been on I am comtemplating trying the tile floor for sleeping. But it really makes no difference because of the loud music, barking dogs and roosters sleep is but a fading notion.
I was greeted with a who cares attitude, and set marching up to the 5th floor not so much as a gesture to help me with my bags, by the way I am a young 64 but a lower floor would have been considerate.
Room is dated and spartan single fluorescent tube for light. I went to take a shower and a few minutes in the power went out. Response from staff? Looked at me with a glazed look as if I was from another planet, sort of what do you expect us to do.
I have a very early morning physically demanding tour tomorrow odds on being rested are nil. It is 11:15 pm and the rooster is still crowing. I will most certainly depart this place tomorrow and gladly let them keep my second days charges,I may still leave tonight.
Don't get me wrong I have happily stayed in many a guest house and even in that realm this would be considered a modest one.
This is not a hotel it is a hyped up guest house at best. Spend $10 less and go to a guest house, or $5 and go to an actual hotel.
P.S. the pool is so cloudy I wouldn't so much as put my feet in it.
PPS The rooster is still at at

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor and get a real hotel this place is basicly an overpriced guest house and a poor...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

The rooms were decent, nothing fancy. Housekeeping was very slow, rooms not cleaned at 4pm and having to ask for room to be cleaned. The staff hangout was located directly outside our room, they were very loud and congregated outside our room talking as early as 430-500am. Woke us up every morning.
The windows in our room wouldn't close all the way; therefore, lots of Mosquitos in our room.
Pool was not clean.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

A little outside the main area of town ($1 ride), but nice place with a great view on the roof top breakfast area. We liked the place as it was quet to sleep. Loundry was $1/kg. ........................

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Receptionists (2 ladies at different times) need to understand it is purely ugly to try rip off guests (not nice for Cambodian culture). Firstly I was to be 'helped' with counting my money and supposed 20000 was counted 2000. I was alert. Second incident, if I looked at the total it was 30.25USD but once calculated the bill itinerary is was 27.25USD. Not nice twice potentially being ripped off and too easy to see it was close to being cheated. Hotel is really nice but slightly pricey compared to many around. Room 310 toilet smelled bad although clean. Not sure why. Many other staffs were very nice and polite. Khamera is a nice staff. I would stay here if I just need decent place to stay. Please be careful at the reception. What an ugly situation given it can be a fine hotel otherwise. I would like to ask the owner to do a proper review over some staff and some room.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights early January. I found the staff very rude and we seemed to be a real inconvenience to them whenever we asked a question. We were given a room next to the cleaning storage room and were woken up at around 7am each morning with the cleaning staff screaming at each other. I personally wouldn't recommend this hotel as there are many other options available for the same price, closer to everything and that provide a better service.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Siem Reap Riverside? Share your experiences!