“Second time around” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #74 of 527 Activities in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Owner description: Professional guides and travel service for the Angkor Archaelogical Park, Siem Reap and surrounding countryside, Tonle Sap lake, and day trips to remote temples.Cambodian Angkor Tour
Sydney, Australia
“Second time around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I first visited Siem Reap in August 2012. I was fortunate to have used the services of Chenn Kol, an accredited tour guide to the Angkor Temples. He was absolutely wonderful, both as a guide and as a friend. At my request, he took me to a traditional medicine woman to see if she could help me. Nothing was too hard for Chenn. I returned to Siem Reap for the second time in December 2012, this time with my girlfriend. Chenn was the obvious choice as our tour guide. Apart from being both knowledgeable passionate about his country's history and culture, Chenn was also most obliging. As we had a few hours to spare after the temple tours, we asked him if he knew of a reputable dentist. Chenn to the rescue again! He brought us to a dental surgery where we had some dental work done - professionally and inexpensively. And painless without needles. As we only had a few hours left in Siem Reap, we unfortunately couldn't finish our wishlist of dental work (cleaning, replacing amalgams, etc) and had the rest done in Phuket which turned out to be disappointing. I would strongly recommend Chenn as a preferred Tour Guide for the Angkor temples and Siem Reap generally.

Visited December 2012

• Greek first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Friendly, knowledgeable & accommodating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Positives :
I came across Mr Chhen Kol's website while checking out tour options online. He was very responsive when I e-mailed him, recommending a comprehensive itinerary for my short (2-day) trip to Siem Reap. He was also flexible and open to negotiation, suggesting alternative options where necessary. I enjoyed the fact that beyond the impressive tourist attractions, Chhen and I had serious discussions about the difficult social realities in Cambodia : the poverty, squalor and political situation. He was knowledgeable, frank and funny.

Room for improvement :
I would have preferred if fewer questions were asked of my personal life (there were times when I felt they were somewhat intrusive), but I suppose in this part of the world it is relatively unusual to see women travelling solo, hence the curiosity perhaps.

Overall recommendation :
All in, I would recommend Chhen's services to first time visitors, especially couples, families and other groups. Women travelling solo, just be prepared to set boundaries where the conversation gets too personal and you'll be fine! Am sure this applies generally.

Visited October 2012
Ottawa, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Ouch Morin wonderful guides and driver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We booked a private tour guide for 3 days from the internet (3 months in advance because of the peak season. We had a different guide everday and this was not a problem at all. The 3 guides were excellent. They were also very flexible. We started early in the morning (7 am) to beat the crowds and did Angkor Wat at the end of the day. If you leave later, there are many many buses of tourists and it must be very difficult to take pictures without people everywhere. We did also the land mine museum, the silk factory, tasted palm sugar on the street (miam), angkor thom, wat, ta prohm, and they also offer the service to take us back to the airport. It would not have been the same doing this on our own. Guides speak good English also.

Visited December 2012
Orlando, Florida
“highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My husband and I booked Mr. Chhen Kol as our tour guide based on the reviews on Tripadvisor and on the information from his website. We were not disappointed with the decision. We had only 3 days to stay and Mr. Chhen Kol drove us to the most famous temples as well as outside Siem Reap to floating village. We enjoyed his stories about history of Cambodia, he loves his country and people and it made the difference. His car was in the good condition, his driving skills were very good, cold towels and water were always available; there were anything to complain about. Needless to mentioned, Chhen showed good social skills. He always remained calm, good humored and flexible in every situation. I will use his service again.

Visited November 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent service, greatly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Found Mr Chenn Kol Tour service from the internet while browsing for "what to do in Siem Reap". Glad I came across him. Been reading all the good reviews from his previous customers. Went to Siem Reap with my husband for a short 3 nights trip. Mr Chenn Kol made sure we covered the 'must go' places in such a short visit. it was well worth it. He is very helpful and knowledgable about the history of Cambodia and a funny and laid back guy too. He helped find our accommodation too which was clean and met our budget which situated right in the town area - just a walking distance from the market area. Would recommend his service to our family members and friends too if they ever want to visit Siem Reap. Thank you Chenn Kol, and congratulations on your new baby ;)

Visited October 2012