“Great food, atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Cambodian, Contemporary
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great food, atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

More pricey than other restaurants in The Alley, it's worth a splurge ($7 entrees instead of $4) - the food is very good and the atmosphere more upscale and relaxing.

• Visited February 2011

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Doha
“great food, great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

The food was fantastic, great flavors and textures, If you want to sit outside at night i would get a reservation. The service was a little slow, but it was a busy night when we went so that is probably all that was. The food was fresh and the wine selection was good.

• Visited December 2010
McLean, Virginia
“Elegant and delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

This restaurant should be number 1 in Siem Reap. It is a very small, tastefully decorated and trendy restaurant (I believe they are owned by the people who own Hotel de la Paix) serving what I would characterize as "continental cuisine with a South Asian twist". This restaurant was so good it really surprised me, I just didn't expect it in Siem Reap and this food is as good as I've had anywhere in the world. I kind of wish I had this restaurant near my home. My husband and I had an appetizer of 3 cheeses done in different presentations, I had salmon and my husband had a beef filet, both were perfectly cooked and presented and for dinner we tried two different desserts, both excellent. We ate at two other restaurants while in Siem Reap including "nest" which so much is made about, neither were nearly as good as AHA. You should definitely try this restaurant, they're doing something special in that tiny restaurant.

• Visited February 2011
HK
“Fabulous food and ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2011

We ordered mostly local food which has been beautifully tainted with western elements. The small plates are exceptional in particular and very good value, allowing one to taste 3 types of the same theme - fish, veggie, contemp etc. Good wine selection too. A highlight of our culinary experience on Siem Reap.

Yokohama, Japan
“Funky decor and exquisite food in Siem Reap”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

On our last night in Siem Reap we had the pleasure of dining at AHA restaurant. which is down an Alley with many other bars and restauarants. We had passed it earlier on our stay and peered in, impressed by the funky decor. Price wise, it is not as cheap as other restaurants but the most expensive dishes were around $8US so it hardly broke the budget. The light fittings are worth checking out alone! I am afraid our eyes were bigger than our stomachs and we didnt appreciate how large the serves would be especially the mixed degusation starters. A couple of those would have been enough but we also ordered mains and struggled to get through them. All the food was amazing- so fresh and beautifully presented. We would have had to pay a fortune for that decor, food quality, service and presentation in Australia. We barely managed to touch one of the dishes because we were too full. When the waiter came to clear our dishes, I apologised saying we didnt eat it beacuse we had over ordered to reassure him there was nothing wrong with the meal. When it came time to pay the bill, the waiter said he had taken that dish off the bill as our waitress should have told us we had over ordered! How's that for impressive customer service!
Would highly recommned this restaurant and wish it was in my city so I could frequent it weekly!

• Visited January 2011