“Favourite Bar on Pub Street” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #230 of 477 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Banana leaf is the 1st restaurant opened by AngkorW. It is located in the Famous Pub St in Siem Reap and offers a large terrace to enjoy some rest after long day temple visits, enjoying live sports on big screen or lounge atmosphere while drinking cocktails or eating Banana Leaf's unique signature dish : The Croc Burger
Ashmore, Australia
“Favourite Bar on Pub Street”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We love this bar, we drank here every night, and they got to know what my husband drank and we only had to sit down and his drink would just show up. Yes it is more expensive than so of the other bars but the service is great and so is the location.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

London, United Kingdom
“Worst service in 6 months travelling”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Where to start with this place really? I have been to hundreds of bars all over the world, and can comfortably say this is the worst. On the outside looks fantastic, me and a few friends decided to have a few beers here (even though the drinks are three times more expensive than an identical bar opposite) whilst watching a game of football. I ordered a beer but my friends wanted to wait until half time of the match.....ALL HELL HIT LOOSE with the staff. Waitress was so angry, then made all of the other waitresses stare at us until we caved in and ordered more drinks. Felt so uncomfortable so I mentioned to the manager that the girls we were with felt very stressed and pressurised with the situation. First thing the manager says is 'well how many more minutes until they order'. Completely dissatisfied I told him I don't want my full beer anymore and will take my custom elsewhere, to which he replied 'I am going to call the police'. Gob smacked. Honestly please do stay away, some absolutely fantastic bars along the rest of Pub Street in this otherwise great town. Little did the manager no, our friends were about to order 8 cocktails between them at half time. GO TO THE BAR OPPOSITE THIS PLACE, amazing!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Best bar on pub street”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Now il be honest, iv been to more than a couple of bars around the world, but this is by far my favourite!! I can't be sure why, it's nothing specific its just a collection of things! The service is brilliant, happy staff, and they seem to make an effort in remembering people's faces. Very welcoming, very smartly dressed.
There is a big screen tv showing football which as a Brit is essential in choosing a bar ha!!
I should point out I never tried the food, but we always get a tray of popcorn that is faultless, so iv rated food as a five!
Price wise it's not cheap and not expensive: four dollars for jd and coke, two dollars for a beer.
Location is good, situated at one end of pub street with only outdoor searing its an excellent place to kick back, relax and people watch.
It's location as one of the first bars on the street as well as the sport shown means that it's quite easy to meet other travellers as well, iv had some fantastic nights down here with some great people.
It's excellent, the staff deserve a lot of credit, the ambiance is spot on, I hope to return again should I ever come back to Cambodia :)

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Okay cocktails, pretty pricy.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Cocktails here look nice and are decorated with a little Orchid.
Taste wise they are on par with most other decent places. Prices are quite high for a pretty basic cocktail tho.
Nice location and lots of choice (Kampot pepper mojito etc.)

Visited March 2013
Stavanger, Norway
“mojito heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

For a while I'd been yearning for a cocktail with a bit of spice, a Moscow Mule but more so. Imagine my delight when I saw the ginger mojito on the list at the Banana Leaf. It was pretty nice but not what I was looking for but hey ho why not try the rest of the mojito list. Finally the Kampot Pepper Mojito was the drink that hit the spot. An ice cold drink that's so spicy it can make you sweat.

I have been back to this bar a couple of times and the drinks have always been top class and the staff excellent.

• Visited April 2012