“I really love this hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sawasdee Angkor Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Siem Reap
Sawasdee Angkor Inn
You added Sawasdee Angkor Inn to your Saves list
Siem Reap, Cambodia   |
Ranked #320 of 383 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Lismore, Australia
“I really love this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

I arrived at sawasdee angkor inn in the evening thinking that i might only stay for one night howevr,my stay was so pleasant that I stayed for five nights. when I arrived I had an injured leg and was surprised at how helpful and considerate the staff were . I loved my room with balcony and rested with ease, in fact the hotel was so quiet that I slept like a baby . the hotel arranged a temple tour for my self and others. I found the price very reasonable and both tuk tuk driver and tour guide were fabulous. My tour buddies and I had a great and memorable day. the food and service at the hotel restaurent was so delicious that i ate most of my meals there. it was always served promptly and with a smile. the staff were always polite and extremly friendly which was great for me as a solo traveller. all requests were promptly seen to. I found the hotel cleaniness was excellant and my room was beautifully serviced apon request. I read other reviews of people complaining about staff and road and tour, I was very surprised as i found the opposite, yes, the road is not sealed and can be dark, but hey folks, this is cambodia and it's still developing so take it for what it is and enjoy and each smile u give will return a dozen back. I give this hotel full marks and I reccommend it to both solo and group travellers .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Phu Quoc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

Sawasdee Angkor Inn was the nicest hotel we stayed in, in cambodia. The rates are good the rooms were very clean and the staff where very friendly and helpful, we stayed for two weeks and had a great time, i would reccommend it to everyone

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Ghent, Belgium
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

We arrived in Sieam Reap in the evening after a long bus drive. The minute we walked into the hotel we were greeted by a young guy who wanted to help us with our stay in Siem Reap. He told us to take a shower and get installed and then come down to discuss our stay. We weren't really in the mood to do so and really wanted to see the city, but he insisted. So we sat down and it became clear after only a couple of minutes that he really wanted us to take a guided tour with tuktuk driver to see Angkor Wat. Since we were planning to do it by ourselves with a bicycle, we said no. But he kept insisting and lowering the price. After saying no a couple of times he got very nervous and irritated. We ended our discussion, saying it was very nice of him to try and help us, but that we didn't need it. So we rented bicycles somewhere else and had a great time discovering Angkor Wat by bicycle, something he said was impossible and too far. that was really not the case!
After we had our discussion with the 'guide' of the hotel, he was very rude to us. We stayed there for 4 nights and didn't get ANY room service or greetings at all. After the first day we didn't say anything, but after the second day of not getting new towels we asked for roomservice. But they didn't give us roomservice whatsoever, because we wouldn't let us get scammed..
We saw some other travellers who did say yes to a guided tour and they really overpaid, got bad tuktuk drivers who took them somewhere else, had a lot of extra expenses,...
Another reason not to stay at the Sawasdee Angkor Inn is that it is operated by Thai and not Khmer, so your money doesn't stay in Cambodia, where it is well needed, but flows right back to Thailand.
I would NOT recommend this Shining-like place to anyone. Unfriendly and very pushy staff who are only after your money.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

I have just come from Siam Reap and was unfortunate to have this accommodation recommended to me via my guesthouse in Bangkok. My friends and I went to Siem Reap for only a short time, solely for the purpose of seeing Angkor Wat. The moment we stepped out of our room, the first morning of our stay, the gentleman from the hotel approached us and asked us if we needed any help in finding a tuk tuk driver and booking any tours etc. Grateful for the assistance, we began to discuss our requirements and ended up paying USD 30 for a tuk tuk driver for the day. Later, we found out that this driver did not speak a word of English, kept wondering off every two minutes and to make matters worse, the going rate for a non-speaking tuk tuk driver was USD10. The hotel/Inn TOTALLY ripped us off.
If you ever stay there, don't book anything through them!!!
Despite this, the food was ok although the room was ridiculously hot. We had one tiny fan in the top corner of the room which wasn't much help to anyone and it was considerably overpriced.
Sadly (despite the amazing Angkor Wat), my impression of Siem Reap wasn't all that great.
Hope you have better luck.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2010

We stayed here after booking a crossing from Bangkok to Siem Reap through New Siam Guesthouse. The crossing was smooth, and the tour of the temples was great (our guide was first rate), however the hotel was a bit of a disappointment. It is not as good at the New Siam equivalents. We booked as a package so don't know about room rate.
It is a thai run hotel which means that the profit will be going straight out of Cambodia (where it is needed) to the Thai owners who are clearly doing well (hence the development of the New Siam hotels).
The hotel is a ten minute brisk walk from the town down a dusty road (with no lights). This was fine for us (being young) but might be an issue for older people, or ones with families (could be more like 20 min walk).
The rooms are covered in dark wood making it almost impossible to spot the vast amount of mosquito's. Also the rooms are very dark which makes reading hard. They are basic and charmless.
Breakfast was totally disorganised. You had a few simple options(eg. omlet with bread, OR bread and Jam, orange juice or tea/coffee), but you could easily wait well over an hour for this as they served in such a chaotic style. We never ate there in the evening as there is such a range of amazing places to eat in Siem Reap plus we were worried we would still be waiting for our evening meal while other guests would be recieving breakfast.
Booking tours through them directly means you risk being fleeced. We enquired about a tuk-tuk for the Roulus Ruins and were told they could organised for 15USD. We paid 8USD without even haggling to local guy.
Wake up was early, 4.30am roosters that were the most insistent encountered in Asia. This was one time I did want chicken for breakfast (sadly not on the menu)
Only positives I would mention was it seemed to be clean enough, and Siem Reap is such an amazing place that even a poor hotel won't spoil your stay.
I would avoid this place.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Sawasdee Angkor Inn? Share your experiences!