“Very tasty food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Orchidee Angkor Restaurant

Orchidee Angkor Restaurant
N0. 543, Street Taphul, Taphul Village, Svay Dangkum Commune, Siem Reap, Cambodia
011 853 406
Improve this listing
Ranked #396 of 477 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Ankara
“Very tasty food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We discovered this restaurant by chance. The tuk tuk driver took us there for lunch. We did not expect much about the quality of food; so we ordered simple dishes like a Tom Yam soup and mango salad. We liked the taste of food so much that we went the same restaurant the next day. We tried amok in Coconut shell and frog leg this time. We got very much satisfied with the taste again. The prices a little bit higher ( about 5.5 USd per dish) compared to many other restaurants, but it is worthy.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Siesta Key, Florida
“Terrible terrible service! horrible food, very bland, not authentic,”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

It was kind of late and my family and I was very hungry after a long day of driving from Phnom so we decided to go find something to eat, something good and tasty and a place where we can just relax and enjoy the food. Since this is not our home town, we decided to ask the tuk tuk guy to recommend us the place to eat. He took us to this restaurant called, "Orchidee Angkor Restaurant", the place seems cleaned and nice environment, my mom and my cousins and my sister was glad to finally get to eat after the long ride, we sat there for awhile, and we looked around the place, it seems as if the place is only serving none Khmer citizen, the service was completely different from the table adjacent to us. It was hot and humid as we all aware of Cambodia monsoon moth. They did not turn on the fan for us and did not served us the extra condiment like they did to those white folks who sit adjacent to us. My cousin had to get up to turn on the fan himself. A minute later, another group of white folks came and sit right behind us, they came to serve them right away and turned on the fan, served them with cooked peanut. I was shocked to see how they treated and them and treated my family completely different. The food was very simple, the rice is absolutely tasteless and cheap quality, the ah mok trey was served inside the small coconut shell but with very choppy tiny fish meat, the taste was just a simple and bland ah mok, I've taste a much better a mok before. The sweet and sour fish soup was served with a small bowl and taste like water, and luke warm. The sour fish soup in another restaurant was so much better and served with a large steaming hot pot. The only thing I like out of that place was the deep fried snake head fish with green mango. The taste was okay. The rest is completely horrible. This place only served to none Khmer citizen, they treat their own people like trash. My mom and I was going to leave some tip for the service boys, but after what I had experienced, forget it. It's not worth it. The taste of their food is bland, I think only none Khmer folks would think that this kind of food is Khmer authentic food. I would never recommend this place to any of my friend ever!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
world
“Poor service mediocre food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Arrived at this restaurant by chance for dinner. Only 2 other tables were occupied, so we thought that service would be faster. But it was not. Drinks came one by one during the course of the dinner. Some drinks even arrived after dinner. Tea was served without cups.

Main dishes consisted more of garnishes than the main dish eg. Only 3 small pieces of fish for a fish dish, small pieces of eel and lots of ginger for an eel dish. Looked more like sweet and sour onions cooked with fish instead of sweet and sour fish and ginger with eel instead of the other way around. Food service too was slow. Tables not promtply cleared as observed with other tables. Quite a number of staff but all seemed in a world of their own.

Bill came promptly though. Price was higher here than at a better restaurant in town.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Moscow, Russia
“Away from Buzz, Great Amok & Mango Salad”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

The restaurant is away from noise & buzz of the central Siem Reap. My tuk-tuk driver brought me here, and I think it was a good idea! I was alone in the restaurant as June is not the peak season, so the service was excellent & personalized. Amok was excellent! So was the mango salad. Mains here are $6-8. Would love to come back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere