“A friendly staff which teach you with patience the secrets of khmer food.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Tigre de Papier Cooking School

Le Tigre de Papier Cooking School
Pub Street, Siem Reap 97000, Cambodia
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #131 of 527 Activities in Siem Reap
Type: Classes/Workshops, Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: A perfect way to learn the secrets of Khmer cooking at Le Tigre de Papier’s cooking school. After picking your favourite dish from the menu (one starter, one main course and one dessert), join one of the daily classes and you will be taught how to prepare the dish for yourself by one of our Khmer chefs. Then you will be able to taste your dishes ! The price is $12 including a guided visit of the central market.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Siem Reap
“A friendly staff which teach you with patience the secrets of khmer food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2009

When I was in Siem Reap, le tigre de papier was the best restaurant in town. Knowing that there was a cooking class there, I signed up directly. My expections were high and I have not been disappointed. The staff is very friendly and the techniques simple but efficient. After the preparation, I enjoyed my dish with great pleasure.
Definitely the best cooking class in Siem Reap!

Perth, WA
“Fantastic experience - I can cook Amok!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

I've alwys wanted to do a cooking class and I'm glad this was my first. Friendly staff, great facilites, meet other travellers AND get to eat what you cooked at the end of it! Our teacher spoke great English, really knew her stuff, and was able to suggest alternative products where she knew we might struggle to find the genuine ingredients back home. The class starts with a tour of the food market, which was really educational and interesting (in fact, after seeing the way the seafood was so well chilled I ate prawns for dinner that night). Then it was back to the kitchen to start cooking. Pick your favourite dish and learn how to cook it - you can come home and amaze your friends with same wonderful culinary delights you've been enjoying during your Cambodian holiday. Mmmm. The classes are great value for money and well worth the time. Five Star!!!

Canberra
“Great insight into Cambodia food and culture”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

We though it was great. We got to choose our favourite meals to make so not everyone made the same thing. The trip to the markets was interesting - especially to compare the local produce to what we have at home.

singapore
“We had so much fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

We got lost finding the place and so missed the market tour. The lesson was easy to follow which was led well by Ms Navin. The food tasted great. I enjoyed my own cooking and felt fine after but my friend who also cooked his own meal had major runs after midnight. It could have been due to other things we ate in Siem Reap though. We would recommend this to all.