“Dirty environment spoils the taste of the food!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #253 of 474 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
Description: First Indian rest in siem reap(1998) since there Lonely planet recommended. South and North Indian food. Family atmosphere.
Rayong, Thailand
“Dirty environment spoils the taste of the food!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

After reading the good reviews of this restaurant, we were very disappointed. The first table we were sat at was just outside and the flickering strip lights attracted buzzing insects, so made it impossible to even drink a beer while waiting for the food. So we moved to another table just inside and asked for the light to be switched off. Instantly the annoying insects disappeared. Unfortunately, the table cloth was very stained and dirty and I really felt uncomfortable by the dirty floors and walls and cats wondering through. I am not overly fussy and I am used to living in Thailand so my complaint is more about poor standards. My husband went to the toilet to find it was not working at all and wouldn't flush and again poor hygiene.

On a positive note, the food was very nice but I felt unable to enjoy my meal because of what I could see. We were very close to abandoning our order before it arrived but also we didn't want to insult the staff. However on reflection, we felt that they were happy to take our money even though they didn't seem to care that their restaurant was sub-standard. I would not recommend this Indian Restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Boston, MA
“Decent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I tend to order similar items at most Indian restaurants I go to. The samosas at Little India were oddly potato-less, which made them interesting but on the whole a bit disappointing. They also weren't very well or interestingly spiced. The koftas I had were solid. The owner seems to be a nice person, and his young Cambodian waiter (the only one I saw) was most courteous. Most of the people I saw there seemed quite satisfied with their meal. So you probably won't go terribly wrong here.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Nusa Lembongan, Indonesia
“Good Food, Slow Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

The Chicken Vindaloo was very nice, with good flavourings, nice pieces of chicken, and jesty spiciness. The Veg Curry was a bit sparse, but I'm told quite nice though. Cambodia Draught Beer at $0.75 helped.

The setting isn't as nice as The Passage, but sitting outside is good for people watching, the only dissapointment being the slow service, especiall 10 minutes for a couple of Popadoms to start with. We could have gee'd them up I suppose.

If you like Indian Food, then it's worth a visit.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Siem Reap, Takev, Cambodia
“By far best place in town for Indian and/or Sri Lankan food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Great place and that's an understatement. As an aficionado of Indian and Sri Lankan cuisine, this restaurant really stands out out both for quality/price ratio as well as for atmosphere.
The owner was very kind and prepared some amazing Indian food with a Sri Lankan twist to it (the owners are from Sri Lanka). It was a culinary experience which drove me to write this review. Their two little girls were playing around in the restaurant which gave it a nice family atmosphere and the staff was very helpful. The owner, Ghita, told me she also works at Angkor Hospital for Children and told me about the condition of children in the country side...which is very poor. If you like Indian food, that's the place to eat it!

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Siem Reap, Cambodia
“Best of Indian food in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

There are quite a lot of Indian restaurants in town, but Little India is by far the best Value for Price place