“Spectacular decor, classic!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shining Angkor Boutique Hotel

You added Shining Angkor Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Shining Angkor Boutique Hotel
3.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   560, Group One | Kok Chok Commune, Siem Reap 855, Cambodia   |
Ranked #103 of 244 Hotels in Siem Reap
Pitt Meadows, Canada
“Spectacular decor, classic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We loved this boutique, all the beautiful wood surrounding you looked and felt like we were somewhere special. Our whole experience was awesome, our tuktuk driver was kind and patient as we were traveling with our almost two year old. The pool was the perfect cool down, breakfast was great with lots to choose from. I would say the only draw back was the front desk did not have much to say about activities to do as a family such as the shadow puppet show we should have bought tickets for straight away as it always sells out!! With that said technology is readily available for us to do the research. We loved our stay and would stay again if we are so fortunate to visit again.

• Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on a few occasions on my trips to Siem Reap and the Angkor complex.

I have no hesitation in recommending the hotel. Friendly staff and nice clean rooms. All I need after a day out photographing the temples.

I plan on coming back to Siem Reap around September / October, when the weather cools down a bit. Definitely staying at " Shining Angkor Hotel "

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I had to think about this one quite a bit, I left Siem Reap somewhat upset, primarily based on the treatment from the staff at the reception of this hotel.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the hotel and the furniture, house keepers were always pleasant and we didn't mind the distance to Pub Street. Its closer to the Angkor Wat Park and it was very quiet. The breakfast was nice and the rest of the staff were great.

But... we seemed to clash with the reception staff. I found them to be rude and pushy. Everything was a problem or met with hostility. They never smiled and we seemed to be pests rather than guests. We did book trips through them and used their services often, as we stayed longer than most people. But from the moment we arrived, they didn't want to know us.

We had booked through Air Asia, I don't know if this makes much of a difference to them. But we have travelled with Air Asia often and found the airline to be reliable,cheap and friendly. They offered a great deal for us on a package with flights from KL and accommodation here at the Shining Angkor Boutique Hotel. We were suppose to have transfers included and we contacted them via email well before our arrival. No one showed up at the airport and when we checked out to go back to the airport, we were told because we were leaving early in the morning the transfer must incur an extra charge.

On top of this, the very last thing that was said to us as we were leaving by the man at the reception counter was "Have we paid for everything?" not did you enjoy your stay, no smile or helping us with our bags. At that point I was angry and couldn't wait to leave.

I love to travel and often meet wonderful people who couldn't be more helpful and I hate writing bad reviews. But I guess writing this is more therapy for me than what it is helpful to others.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

this was a nice hotel out of town don't believe free transfer from airport non existant cost us14 dollars not much around hotel no lift have to carry suitcases up stairs good limited breakfast some friendly staff tuk tuk ride to Angkor wat have to travel to markets in town next time it will be a hotel in town

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

We'd worked hard for a week beforehand and were then treated to this hotel. Decked out in the finest Cambodian woodwork, this hotel is a piece of art. Huge beds with carved wood, fresh fruit daily as a treat, wonderful staff and fantastic massages - these were some of the treats. It was so good, I wasn't that fazed to go shopping!! I will be going back.

Melbourne Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I traveled to Siem Reap again at the end of last year with a group of 10 people and couldn't wait to get back to Shining Angkor Hotel. It is like returning home. The staff are really happy to see you back and so accommodating and helpful with any or all aspects of your visit there.The hotel is just heaven and the bed - wow i just sink in and float away. I am returning to Siem Reap in July for my birthday with 27 of my friends and family and I can't wait for them to experience the wonderful hotel that is the Shining Angkor. Well done to all of the staff - you are a credit to your profession.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I had a great stay at this beautiful authentic Cambodian hotel. Rooms were always clean, cool and comfortable to stay in, the pool was great, breakfast included, tuk tuks were organised for all our sight seeing and any shoppings trips we wanted to make, staff were lovely and close to the temples. Would recommend to everyone!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Shining Angkor Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!