Before coming to Siem Reap, I searched for hotels and, as always, was overwhelmed. I picked RVM and booked it for two nights, figuring I could go elsewhere if it didn't measure up. I ended up staying all 5 nights, and didn't even consider looking anywhere else. It is far enough on the outskirts of town to not have to deal with the bustle and noise of downtown (which really isn't all that bad), yet it is convenient to do whatever you want. Hotel staff are not just courteous, they are genuinely warm and friendly... ALL of them, ALL of the time. I'm not one to applaud people for simply doing their job, but I really liked everybody here very much. The tuktuk driver they arranged, Mr. Thom, was also great... took me all over the place, and can help you hit different temples at different times so you can avoid crowds (except for Angkor Wat...which you can't avoid). While Roy had just sold the place, I am confident that the new owner will continue to run a wonderful facility (although his smoking in the breakfast patio in the morning was a drag).
- Also Known As:
- River Village Manor Hotel
- River Village Manor Hotel Siem Reap
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- River Village Manor is a beautiful converted villa, offering 9 immaculate rooms in a perfect location on the East bank of the Siem Reap River. This is one of those rare places where everyone feels like old friends and all advice given is offered with only the guests satisfaction in mind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your River Village Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.