“Nice place but not as perfect as expected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of MotherHome Guesthouse

You added MotherHome Guesthouse to your Saves list
MotherHome Guesthouse
2.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Wat Bo Street | Wat Bo Village, Slor Kram Commune, Siem Reap, Cambodia   |
Ranked #18 of 383 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Penang Island, Malaysia
“Nice place but not as perfect as expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

Motherhome is a nice place like other travellers mentioned. The place is clean and the staff are friendly. (Although we meet one that doesn't smile at all throughout our stay there, probably he just as cool as he look, we don't know.)

The asian food in their in-house restaurant is really delicious. However, for western food, there are still room for improvement. Especially the breakfast cereal which already turned soft, makes uncomfortablity. The double room that we booked 3 months ago is on the 4th floor, a bit disappointed on that because it's really tired climbing up and down everyday, especially without water dispenser on each floor. The aircon is not very cool too although already switch to lowest temperature. The worst thing happenned on us is our toilet stuck on the 3rd/last night. You know how painful is the experience when a toilet stuck.

We walk from Pub Street back to Motherhome on one of the night, it tooks around 20 mins. It's quite a distance, but you can easily get a tuk-tuk from pub street back to Motherhome with USD1. I couldn't forget to mentioned our tuk-tuk, Chan Touch or Mr. Small, he is a nice, shy, and honest guy that makes you trust on him. He speak simple english and we can see his effort to improve himself. In fact, we can see the hardworking attitute in all siem reap people. I really hope things turn out better in their future. We got the free massage from their the low season promotion. The massage is really good (although it's painful :D ) and make us sleep well after a tiring walking day in Angkor Thom.

Overall, motherhome is still a pretty good choice.

Room Tip: Request for lower floor when u make ur booking
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

After an early flight and long journey it was the most welcoming and relaxing place I could have imagined. The staff were so kind and willing to help, even if their English was not yet perfect. They arranged any activity to suit my every whim, and quickly too. I hadn't realised that my week in Cambodia stretched over Khmer new year, when most tourist services were shutting down. The reception staff booked buses to Phnom Penh, an afternoon massage, dinner with apsara dancing and an early breakfast so I could go to the temples, all arranged within an hour of my arrival. At $18US a night for a double room, cetainly good value also.

Without doubt though, my whole experience of Cambodia was made perfect by having Mr Chan Touch (aka Mr Small) as my tuk tuk driver arranged also by the guesthouse. One of the kindest people I've ever met, yes he was there to greet me at the airport but was waiting again, with a smile and no complaints, when my very late night bus arrived back from Phnom Penh. Whats more, when I showed interest in the local celebrations he became my guide to the huge new year festivals beyond the temples and also invited me to his family gathering where I met his lovely wife and little girls. So I felt like I've had a very personal and memorable experience. Finally, he had the integrity to refuse any tips and even undercharged me from the tuk tuk rates the hotel advertised.

What is special about this place is the fantastic service. It costs nothing more for the hotel but adds tremendous value to the visitor. I wish Mr Small well with his tuk tuk business, and would recommend him and this hotel to anyone thinking of a stay in Cambodia.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Nice, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

That says it all, I have been several times in Siem reap and I always come to mother home because of the quality of services and value for the money. The manager and the staff are helpful in any way they can, friendly, welcoming.
The room is clean, spaceful with all the comfort you need.
If you want to feel at home and welcome go to mother home you won't regret it.

Room Tip: honeymoon suite
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Hanoi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

I tried to book Motherhome, and they turned out to offer me to stay in Motherhome inn, their new guest house.
The place was not so close to the center, but there's no doute that staying there is really worthy!
The service is perfect, staff is nice, room is big and clean, with swimming pool! What else I can ask for?
That's the best guesthouse I've ever stayed.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

We, a family of five, had a wonderful, perfect stay at Motherhome Guesthouse. It was our hub for the extensive discovery of the Angkor Temple world. Excellent rooms, very good matrasses, perfect co-ordination of Tuk Tuk, Driver, Laundry etc, on top the overwhelming friendliness of all staff: truly a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Try to get a room towards the street, a wee bit calmer than at the back due to less neighbour activi...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

I travelled with my family of 3 people and we have practically been to most continents and its been a long time since we have been so well taken care of. First thing to say is the service is very good. They fuss over you and pamper you over everything. Every time you enter the hotel lobby, staff will be nearby to give you a cooling tower to refresh yourself. If the staff are unable to help with your inquiries, a simple phone call or email to the boss Mr Kemleang will solve everything. He's very helpful in arranging everything to make your stay hassle free. We initially had a 3rd floor room but my mom can't climb steps very well and we requested for a 2nd floor room and our request was accepted without hassle as they practically brought a bed down from the third floor to accomodate the change in room. The rooms are (for us) big and very clean. The location while slightly too far to walk to the market area is very safe and quiet. No worries of traffic noises and its a 1USD+ tuk tuk ride to the market. We stayed for 3 days at this guesthouse before going to Phnom Penh and when we returned, our original room was occupied as we did not book for the return trip but Mr Kemleang provided transport when we reached the Siem Reap bus terminal directly to his other establishment (motherhome inn) at no additional cost and upgraded us to a slightly larger room at no extra cost too! According to his staff, the inn is not officially open yet and while the staff are not as experienced there, their enthusiasm is as good as the others at the guesthouse. Tour services are as private as you can get, a private car or tuk tuk can be arranged. We really enjoyed our trip to Cambodia and Motherhome. A great recommendation for your stay in Siem Reap.

Room Tip: Motherhome guesthouse is an old walk up style of accomodation but the stairs are very wide and sturd...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Do believe the hype, the service you get at this hotel is unbelievable for the money. We have stayed in worse and paid twice as much. Not a criticism but two comments- I'm not sure the buffet breakfast works that well out the front as being outside you get a lot of flies buzzing around and we were very excited to be offered a free massage each for staying 4 nights however my wifes masseuse left her bruised and in pain. You might want to look at that. Overall though well done to everyone who works there.

• Stayed June 2011

Been to MotherHome Guesthouse? Share your experiences!