“Great pool, good rooms,friendly staff.” 4 of 5 stars

My Home Cambodia
3.0 of 5 Villa   |   # 142, Street Psar Krom, Siem Reap 855, Cambodia   |
Ranked #57 of 134 Specialty Lodging in Siem Reap
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
“Great pool, good rooms,friendly staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Great value (I think we paid $15 or $20, I can't remember exactly). The staff were very friendly from the moment we got there and if you let them know in advance what bus you are getting they will send a tuk tuk driver to pick you up. Very convenient. We loved the pool, great temperature and didn't smell too much of chlorine. The rooms were a spacious and the food was ok. There are tuk tull drivers outside who will take you around the temples. We got one guy all day for $17 for 4 of us. He was great. Easy walk into the town. Would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Even though I booked a single room I got a twin, which I liked of course. The room was very spacious and clean, just like the bathroom.

It's a little out of the centre, but I actually liked that. You can get a bicyle for 1 dollar a day, and with that you're in town in 5 minutes max. You can even take the bicycle and drive to the temples in not more than 20 minutes. Very easy (but Bloody Hot :). The free pickup from the busstation was very welcome, it's always such a mess with all the TukTuk drivers.

And what's better than coming back from a day at the temples and dive into the pool? Or just to relax when you're taking a day off the temples.

The breakfast was simple, but enough to get you through the morning, and the restaurant was perfectly fine for some Tom Yum at night too. I had diner one night at Il Forno, surely recommend that place too!

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Just ask the right questions.. :) Had my laundry done there too, was just fine, no problems.

I recommend this place.

• Stayed November 2012
Alkmaar, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

fine place to stay. clean room. airco and fan. food and staff is fine.
also a free swimming pool. free internet. quite place.
they organize a pick up from airport.

fine place to stay. clean room. airco and fan. food and staff is fine.
also a free swimming pool. free internet. quite place.
they organize a pick up from airport.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Vienna, Austria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

bad experiences happen and it was my first time. i booked a room with my home cambodia and when i arrived after a 13 hour bus trip from saigon, the room....was not available anymore. the lady said that the person who was in 'my' room was supposed to check out, but did not. well, i thought that's what reservations are for.

it was evening and i was redirected to a guesthouse close by, which certainly did not have the amenities that 'my home cambodia' offered, but i didn't feel like looking for another place at that point. i got 2 $ off from the official 'my home cambodia' price (which, like i found out and imagined, was 6$ more than they normally charge) and was told that i could come back to my home cambodia after 2 nights...

the people in the guesthouse sochhin were so friendly and helpful and such a nice difference to what i experienced in my home cambodia (even the next day when i asked there for informations) that i ended up staying there and refusing to go back to my home cambodia.

i have not seen the rooms, so i cannot say anything about that. the staff was not very helpful or understanding towards the situation they put me in. a plus is the pool at the back, which is ok. i really didn't expect that after the reviews it got on tripadvisor and lonely planet. maybe it was a single event, but this was my experience with my home cambodia!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Nha Trang, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This guesthouse was one of the best which we have met at our trip through SE Asia. For good price - 14USD we got big room with two beds - one double and one single altough we did not want the single one - at least good for putting our things there. :-D We had TV, fan and clean bathroom. Breakfast included - it was small breakfast but good and you can have tea and coffee for free whole day. We had some main meals there and it was good too. We used pool only one time - small pool but really good refreshment after whole day at the temples. The stuff there is really nice and helpfull, they can arrange for you everything what you need - but I would not reccomend their tuk-tuks because they were more expensive than the "normal" not from hotel, so it is better to walk few metres to stop some another and talk about price first. (You can also talk about price wth the one from hotel, but then they are so "annoying" and keep asking you where you will go next altough you explain many times that you do not know and still second day he come to you when you have breakfast and keep asking you again. I found this really annoying..) But we bought at the reception bus tickets to Phnom Penh and we were satisfied, because it was lower price than i expected and free pick-up at the hotel.
To the night market and city center is 10minutes walk so that was fine too.
I would reccomend this place for sure and if i come again to Siem reap this is sure choice!

Room Tip: Better rooms are at higher levels.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This guest house is very tired and in need of a facelift including the swimming pool area which is not directly at the back of the hotel but past the 'yard'.

The room was big but had not even a table or dressing table to put anything on! No good for two girls, my 25 year old daughter and I. Also there was no view out of that side. Asked for another room which did have a table but much smaller. Air con above the window dripped water onto my clothes and my case underneath, overlooked the back, not particularly pretty but not noisy either.

The breakfast was adequate but was not tempted to eat any other meals there.

It's about a 10 minute walk to the centre where there are loads of great bars and restaurants particularly in The Alley.

Room Tip: Don't think I'd go there again
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Dirty room, very small bathroom, damaged toilet and shower. a/c didn't work, staff wasn't really interested to help.
Hotel is very loud. Talking people, doors slam, dogs howl...

They lost laundry and get laundry diry back. staff wasn't again helpful (comment: sorry for this and thank U for your honest feetback...) Made jokes about that after leaving the room.

Garden is beautyful for having breakfast and lunch.
Breakfast very small and simple (one roll, 10g butter and 30g marmalade or crumbeld egg and bread)
local people come to the garden for begging during drinking Ur coffee...

Pool is small but ok for refreshing and you get a extra towel.
Free WiFi and 2 pc's for Internet

Payed 20$ a night

• Stayed October 2012

Been to My Home Cambodia? Share your experiences!