“OK value for a short stay” 3 of 5 stars

Rosy Guest House
74 Phlum Slor Kram | (East River Road), Siem Reap, Cambodia   |
Ranked #45 of 364 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Bangkok, Thailand
“OK value for a short stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Small room, small beds and small windows, but otherwise a nice property and very friendly staff. The water also wasn't working for part of our stay. We would only recommend this place if it was for a short stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Rosys was very accommodating and we had a great stay. Its location is in the center of town, a 20 min walk to the tourist area, so that was a little inconvenient, but we thought it was nice being away from the hustle.

• Stayed January 2014
Rosy_Guesthouse, General Manager at Rosy Guest House, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Hi and thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I’m glad to hear you had a great stay with us and found our staff to be very accommodating. We love our location, right on the river opposite the only green gardens in Siem Reap (The Royal Gardens). It was the reason we chose this building 10 years ago and our view has not changed in all that time, thankfully; I’m happy to hear you appreciated being slightly away from Pub Street and its night time noises and crowds too. Best wishes for the rest of your travels. Rachel, on behalf of the Rosy Guesthouse Team.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I had a lovely stay at Roxy's. I was in Siem Reap for the half marathon so had booked well in advance and was glad I did as I wanted to extend my stay but they were all booked out.

I stayed in the cheapest room - a double fan room on top floor - but it was great. Really sunny in the mornings, but cooler by night. Comfy bed, TV with a massive stock of DVDs downstairs and hot water! I'd been travelling for a month when I arrived - hot water and TV were distant memories!!

Friendly bar/restaurant area, mix of expats and guests. Nice food, even made me a packed lunch for the day I left.

A bit of a walk into centre, maybe 20mins, but along tree lined street so its nice and a tuk tuk will set you back $1/2 so not really breaking the bank.

I was recomended here by friends and I've recommended it to other travellers so just passing on all our fondness for the place

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Rosy_Guesthouse, General Manager at Rosy Guest House, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Hello and thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us! I am delighted to hear that you had a “lovely stay” with us; I’m only sorry that we could not accommodate you for the additional nights you wanted. I’m glad that you found our newly renovated double rooms with shared bathroom comfy and suited to your needs. Thank you for recommending us to fellow travellers. We hope to see you next time you are in Siem Reap. Best wishes, Rachel on behalf of the Rosy Guesthouse Team.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here during our 6 month trip around South East Asia. We stayed for 6 nights in total - 2 nights in one of the 22 dollar a night rooms with private bathroom and one night in one of the smaller rooms on the top floor with shared bathroom for 9 dollars a night. The guesthouse iself is well situated, a pleasant 10 minute walk from the night market and pub street. Both rooms at rosy were clean and well maintained, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay in both. The cheaper of the two rooms, however, was especially good value for money at $9 a night. The room was immaculately clean and freshly decorated with complimentary towels and bottles of water, replenished daily. The shared facilities were also cleaned multiple times a day - the staff clearly take pride in keeping the place spotless. The staff in general at Rosy were very friendly, but particularly Smiley who, as other reviews have mentioned, really is an asset to the place. He went over and above expectations to make our stay as comfortable and fun as possible, helping us arrange a tour for the temples, as well as ordering us a pizza to the guesthouse when we couldn't be bothered venturing out. I feel I should also note that the food served in the bar at the guesthouse is excellent value for money, and we ate here multiple times during our stay. Overall, Rosy guesthouse is the ideal place to stay in the area, and the best value place we've come across in our travels so far. Thanks Smiley and the rest of the staff!

Room Tip: Budget rooms on the top floor are excellent value! Really good clean shared batrooms!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Rosy_Guesthouse, Manager at Rosy Guest House, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Hello, and thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us! We are very glad that you had a good time with us and enjoyed all of the rooms you stayed in; our shared bathroom rooms have recently all been renovated and we are pleased that you found them to be good value, clean and well maintained. We are very happy to hear that you found the guesthouse to be spotless; I will pass on your comments to our housekeeping staff who will, I’m sure, be delighted that their hard work has been recognised. Smiley really does help to make the most of our guests’ stay; we’ll make sure he reads your comments too. Being described as the “best value” of any accommodation you’ve stayed at makes us very proud. Thanks again for your review and best wishes for your future travels. We look forward to seeing you again if you return to Siem Reap. Rachel, on Behalf of the Rosy Guesthouse Team.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

stayed at rosy guesthouse this year with some friends and loved it. the staff were helpful and friendly throughout, the rooms clean and spacious and the bar well stocked! not to mention pub quiz fridays. walking distance from the markets and pub street is an added bonus. as is the american breakfast om nom nom

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Hi and Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We’re really happy that you liked so much about our set up! We’ll pass on your nice comments to our staff. Best wishes for your future travels and we hope to see you next time you are in Siem Reap. Rachel on behalf of the Rosy Guesthouse Team
Phuket, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights. It was probably the best budget guesthouse I have stayed at in my 7 months traveling Asia. I say this because many guesthouses are exactly the same so what differentiates one from the other are the small things.

For example Rosy gives two bottles of water free every day. It's awesome coming home at night and not having to go buy my own water before sleeping. They clean the rooms daily which is unheard of for the budget places I have been. They have DVD players even in the cheap rooms and a pretty decent selection of DVDs to watch if you need some chill time. Finally they have a great place on the third floor to chill, read a book...and pet the fattest happiest cat on Cambodia who calls Rosy's her home.

In closing, you won't regret staying here.

PS: I asked for an airport pickup...tuk tuk was ready and waiting when I arrived. And while of course he wanted me to book him for the temples he was half as aggressive as most of the drivers (you'll see what I mean walking around the old market) and was not at all pushy when I told him I would consider him but not book anything outright.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Rosy_Guesthouse, General Manager at Rosy Guest House, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Hello. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We’re delighted that you think we’re the best budget guesthouse you have stayed at in Asia! We try our best to set high standards, for example cleaning all rooms daily and offering complimentary water daily for all room types, even our budget rooms each day. Branston, our fat cat, can often be found sleeping on one of our chairs either on our balcony or down in our bar and restaurant; as long as he’s warm and fed, he’s happy! I’m glad that the tuk tuk driver we arranged for you was ready and waiting at the airport and happy for you to make your own decisions, in your own time, with regards to visiting the temples. Best wishes for your future travels, and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Kind Regards, Rachel on behalf of the Rosy Guesthouse Team.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Great, clean and very comfortable place to stay. Staff are very friendly and very helpful. It was a very handy location just a short walk from pub street where all the bars/restaurants are. We ended up eating in at the guest house each night though as the food was delicious. Not for from Angkor Watt and transport can, and for best deal should be, arranged through the guest house. We hired a tuk tuk from an outside company and it ended up costing us a fortune. To ensure you get the best deals on any activity and for all round info just ask for smiley. He works at the bar and will ensure you don't get ripped off. All in all I had a great stay, would recommend it to everyone and will definitely be staying there again if Im back in siem reap.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Rosy_Guesthouse, General Manager at Rosy Guest House, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Hello! And thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. It’s heartening to read your recommendation of us. Smiley is great at giving advice for tours and things to see as well as tuk tuk guide rates; I’m sorry to hear that you were overcharged elsewhere. We have a pool of tuk tuk driver that we recommend who are on hand to take our guests where the wish to go for fair rates. Best wishes for your future travels and if you do return to Siem Reap again we look forward to seeing you again! Rachel, on behalf of the Rosy Guesthouse Team

Been to Rosy Guest House? Share your experiences!