“Great food, great prices, friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Soria Moria Fusion Kitchen
Wat BO Road, Siem Reap, Cambodia
Improve this listing
Ranked #166 of 477 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Stockholm, Sweden
“Great food, great prices, friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is a training restaurant for the waiters, so the service is not always perfect, but it is always friendly and willing to correct mistakes.

Visited July 2013

Siem Reap, Cambodia
“Tapas is Wonderful. A must do in Siem Reap”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Tapas night at the Soria Moria is brilliant. The food is delicious and the staff friendly and helpful. Service can be a bit slow if you arrive later in the night but it is well worth the wait. Best of all it is a training restaurant giving staff training on the job and thus providing hem an opportunity of gaining further employment in the hospitality industry. Keep up the good work. I’ll be back. Mark A.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Don't Eat Here!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

My girlfriend and I ate here on a Wednesday. It was a so called Tapas night. After having a couple of Tapas and drinks my girlfriend complaint about nausea. I was feeling quite uncomfortable myself. When we arrived at home we began to feel really sick. Both of us threw up several times. We had fever and eventually we had to go to the hospital. At the hospital they told us we were suffering from food poisining. We stayed in bed for two days. All in all an unpleasant experience. We still believe it was the bred with Aioli !!!!

The service at the restaurant is very poor!!! It took them 90 minutes to serve us the first couple of Tapas and approximately 50 minutes to serve us the drinks. I understand that the restaurant was pretty crowded but the time they took was unreasonable. Several guests decided to leave the restaurant.

We will not visit this place again!!!!

Yarrawonga
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We went to Soria Moria after reading about it in The Age travel magazine as it trains young people for hospitality. Our food was great - try the lemon chicken soup - clean and cool in the 40+ heat. Our bill was very discounted as it was the King's Birthday holiday - $23 for 9 people - so we paid extra and check the art and handicrafts in the foyer.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brisbane
“Wish we could have eaten there more often!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I did plenty of reading on tripadvisor before we went to Siem Reap and made a note to eat at Soria Maria after reading all the brilliant reviews. It is just a short tuk-tuk ride away from busy Pub Street (about $1 - $2). When we arrived I was pleasantly surprised to see a lovely upmarket-looking restaurant. I don't know what I expected but it certainly wasn't white tablecloths and a semi formal setting. I immediately thought that the prices would be higher than average but I was wrong. We went there on a Thursday and it was a 2 for one deal / 50% off (have to wonder how on earth they make a profit given the size of the meals). Wednesday tapas nights are the most popular as the dishes and drinks sell for $1 (incredible!). It is so popular that you will never get a table if you don't book. We were lucky as we went during the day and there were only a few people there so it was quiet. We all ordered fruit shakes (delicious and great value with the 2 for 1 deal). I had the best meal of my stay in Cambodia at this restaurant. The amok was to die for and my husband loved his curry so much that we asked for the recipe. The service was wonderful too. So while it is a bit out the way, it is set in a lovely part of Siem Reap and the food is well worth it. A great change from Pub Street. Wish we had managed to get to the tapas night! If we ever go back to Siem Reap the Soria Maria Fusion Kitchen will definitely be on our itinerary again.

• Visited April 2013