“Beautiful” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Ancient Ruins, Religious Sites, Cultural
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Visited Pre Rup twice. Once for my second day of the tour, where I took my sweet time in exploring the small but beautiful temple, and the second to view the sunset. Definitely a must see

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
“On route to Bantey Srei”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This was a stop off to Bantey Srei and we enjoyed the break -have to climb to top but the views are good-lot of details on temple-breaks up journey to bantey Srei some 35-37km from Siem Riep

Melbourne, Australia
73 attraction reviews
“The View Rewards The Climb”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The last of the temples visited during my visit, Pre Rup is a pretty much classical temple mountain with the unusual feature of having large towers just inside the outer enclosing wall (the only temple I recall having this feature). Due to tiredness, I almost didn't stop for this temple but I'm glad I did. The climb is steep and a little treacherous in wet weather but the view at the top is a fair reward and it must offer a magnificent sunset view although it was cloudy on the day I visited.

SGF, MO
105 attraction reviews
“Lesser visited but worth the stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in on our way from Banteay Samre to Ta Prohm after a morning visit to Bantreay Srei and the Landmine Museum. The towers are awesome but its a steep climb. Our son climbed to the top and was given access to the "no admittance" area by a guard and took some awesome photos.
The only thing I didn't care for was that some touts were allowed to carry their wares inside the entrance which made photographing the area a bit more difficult but they were not aggressive peddlers.
Overall, a very worthwhile, much less crowded stop.

Perth, Australia
17 attraction reviews
“Awesome, one of my favourites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Pre Rup was also awesome, it's gorgeous walking around, it makes you wonder how it would have looked when it was built. A good one to add to the list. We loved this one.