4 of us stayed here recently and I have to say we were all a little disappointed;
Upon arrival, although I booked our rooms in advance and direct with the hotel, they couldn't find our reservation. It wasn't until they gave me access to the internet that I was able to show then my confirmation that they eventually found it.
The A/C controls in the rooms have the most complex and unfathomable system, it proved impossible to work properly and I had to get room service to show me how to use it and for them to fix it because it wasn't working. A few hours after they fixed it, the whole room fused with quite a low bang. As we were getting ready to go out and it was dark, I was astonished to be told that we had to wait, in the dark, about 20 minutes for someone to fix it. They didn't offer another room, suggest we wait in the lounge or bar.
After viewing the many trips offered to view the many Wats and other attractions, we were offered erroneous information regarding our prefered trip. If we had taken in this excursion, we would have been at least 5 hours in a tuk tuk, and most of that in the dark. Thankly, I sensed that the information I was given was wrong and didn't take it but used someone else
Finally, because of a very early start, we decided to settle the bills the evening before we left, only to be held up in the morning because the day staff had found out that the bills were wrong!
This hotel is in an ideal location, offers large and spacious rooms and all the staff are friendly. However, its all very well offering jobs to locals with little or no experience, but untrained people, whether its the language or inexperience, should be supervised when dealing with customers. Otherwise, you will keep getting reviews like this
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soria Moria is a small cheerful hotel in the center of Siem Reap, with 38 bright and spacious rooms, establish by a Norwegian couple. Being a small intimate hotel, the Soria Moria Team is able to provide its guests with personalized service. It’s a 15 minute drive to Angkor Wat, and walking distance to the old market & the hustle and bustle of town. The hotel as an international restaurant and a Rooftop bar with great views, and there is also an open-sky Jacuzzi and a sundeck available. The initial idea behind Soria Moria was to combine a business opportunity with a strong focus on helping the community in which we work through various means. Through Soria Moria Educational Development Program the local employees have recently become majority owners of the business – an initiative to empower locals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, HostelWorld, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Soria Moria Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Soria Moria Boutique
- Soria Moria Boutique Siem Reap