“Nice getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City

You added Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   405 East Absecon Boulevard (Route 30), Absecon, NJ 08201 (Formerly Fairfield Inn Atlantic City North)   |
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Absecon
“Nice getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2005

We stayed for two nights at Fairfield Atlantic City in a one bedroom deluxe. I was quite concerned after reading some negative reviews, so we were pleasantly surprised (and I’m VERY picky – prefer Marriott’s – where I own - to most other places). This is a perfect place for families. It's fine for couples, but not luxurious. I'd prefer glitzier if I were just with my husband.

Check in was a breeze. Everyone was extremely helpful. Parking is 5 dollars per day.

To start, the elevator situation seems to be better. They are allowing guests to ride the third elevator (was only service before) and the wait isn’t longer than any high rise hotel – sometimes quite short. I thought the room was really pretty. The living room (we had a one bedroom) isn’t large, but it’s cute and comfortable. There is a huge balcony. However, my biggest complaint is that there is a big step up from the balcony to the inside (and the other way around). I took a terrible fall, and so did my son. You really need to think about stepping UP or you’ll trip! Other than that, I liked the room a lot.

The master bedroom was big with a king-sized bed. There was a Jacuzzi bathtub in the bedroom, along with a full bathroom and tub/shower in a separate room. The full kitchen was fully stocked, though I prefer larger coffee mugs and wine glasses than are provided. A small dining area was right by the kitchen.

The kids’ area was nice. There were pool tables, video games (pay), etc. The pool was small (4 ft. deep) and not great. The roof is retractable, but we weren’t impressed.

The hotel is in a less desirable part of town IF you like the glitzy area. If you’re happy with the beach and boardwalk, it’s FINE! It’s right by Nikki Beach (a bar that allows kids until 6 PM). We loved it. You can lie on the white “beds,” and enjoy sun bathing as the kids sit on funny chairs. You don’t have to buy anything, though plenty of drinks and food is available. The beach is one block away.

We went to the timeshare presentation – 60 dollars offered. Don’t bother. It was long and boring and uninformative – not worth the money.

Everyone there was extremely pleasant. Of course they expect tips. They work for tips, and that’s appropriate. I didn’t feel pressured. I did what I think those of us who vacation do – and that is to tip appropriately.

All in all, I enjoyed our short trip. Feel free to email me with questions. Zac495@comcast.net

Ellen

• Stayed July 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City

Address: 405 East Absecon Boulevard (Route 30), Absecon, NJ 08201 (Formerly Fairfield Inn Atlantic City North)
Location: United States > New Jersey > Jersey Shore > Absecon
Free Breakfast Wheelchair access
#2 Best Value Hotel in Absecon
#2 Business Hotel in Absecon
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City 2.5*
Red Roof Inn Atlantic City welcomes you to our pet friendly, family friendly hotel with free WiFi. Located in Atlantic City, New Jersey with easy access to shopping, dining and entertainment. We are located just 8 miles from the Atlantic City International Airport! Enjoy gaming in the casinos, a stroll along the Boardwalk or a tour of the Atlantic City Aquarium.This location offers free WiFi, Flat Screen TVs, business Center, on-site fitness facility, coin laundry, free parking and an outdoor pool open from Memorial Day to Labor day. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Red Roof Inn, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Groupon and Hotels.com so you can book your Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fairfield Inn Atlantic City North Hotel Absecon
Fairfield Inn Absecon
Fairfield Absecon
Absecon Fairfield Inn

If you own or manage Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.