“Run down and short-staffed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City

You added Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   405 East Absecon Boulevard (Route 30), Absecon, NJ 08201 (Formerly Fairfield Inn Atlantic City North)   |
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Absecon
Lititz, Pennsylvania, United States
“Run down and short-staffed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We were in a room facing the road and the noise is noticeable. We had a sofabed but found that NO bedding was provided and the staff could only find one ratty blanket to give us. Towels etc. are worn out. The room was OK but the elevator was dirty and jerked when starting/stopping. Breakfast was a mob scene, no seating.
We complained and were refunded our money.

Room Tip: Try another hotel or ask for a room facing the back.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Fairmont WV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Takes about 8 mins to get to AC hotel is nice pretty clean towels in short supply it seems.breakfast is ok get there early cause it goes fast parking is also hard to get they could really use some security at night

• Stayed August 2013
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I am a NJ resident. This was a last minute pick of a hotel because our friends were staying in Margate and did not have enough room for us and our 2 kids. The surrounding area is not the best. The hotel building itself is old, but cosmetically the entire place is completely remodeled. The lobby is very nice, clean. Easy check in and staff was nice and helpful. New carpeting everywhere. Our room was clean, ( although while checking in the guy in front of us was complaining his room was not clean). The bed linens are clean and well maintained. My only concern was the heavy mold smell in the bathroom when the door is closed, my nose is sensitive to smell, my husband said it was not that bad) but it certainly did smell. I would rate this hotel very high on being clean, and only having minor issues. Having two small kids, it is important. Because we had such bad experiences in the past, I always run up and check the room out first before I unload all our stuff. If we have to stay in the area again, I would choose this hotel. Its worth it for the price, great value and clean. THey need to replace the bathroom doors.

Room Tip: Select a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Berkeley heights, New Jersey, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My friend and I visited Atlantic City and we decided to stay out of the city to keep the budget down. This hotel delivers what is supposed to deliver. We will stay here again.
First, the price is very reasonable. We stayed in a room with two beds. What we paid for two nights can only be paid for one night for a hotel in the city. The hotel itself is only 5 miles away from the city and from our room, the skyline of the city is clearly visible. The commute to the city is very acceptable. The hotel has a pool for playing. I do see families bringing food and drink with a cooler (the hotel is very thoughtful to have a fridge outside serving ice if you need any for your cooler) and had a nice pool-side picnic. It was very relaxing sitting there watching the families enjoying their time and having fun. Breakfast was standard: scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, waffles and sausage. Cannot complain. The dining area is large but we were there during a summer weekend and the hotel was booked full (I heard the front desk mentioning it) and it was a bit crowded. Coffee was served all day and icy drinks were available in the afternoon. I had a wonderful time here.

Here is the improvement that is needed for the place - waiting for the elevator is not a very pleasant experience and once you get on, it almost stops at every floor. I think the hotel should look into that. There were even times when the staff took the elevator with us and one of them could not decide whether to get in or not and make everyone wait in the elevator. I think some training for the staff to greet and interact with customers (frontdesk is fine I am talking about the ones whom you see less often, such as the room keepers etc) would do this hotel some good too.

Overall, my friend and I were both very pleased with the experience here with the price we paid. We will be back again (and I have recommened this place to other friends already) if we have another vacation near AC next time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Wanaque, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

The hubby and I have stayed here multiple times and never dissatisfied. We have stayed for work as well as pleasure. This visit was for a show in AC. We had booked for a Thursday night stay but still looking on line for following nights thru the weekend with no luck. We had discovered Fairfield was sold out. Upon arrival to our delight the manager Tim recognized us as frequent visitors and offered us nights for the rest of our stay. We could not have been more surprised and happy. The standard service we have come to expect here. Clean, quiet, large rooms. The gym is adequate
Breakfast has a larger variety than most. It gets pretty crowded on the weekend well it is 10 minutes from AC? Can't go wrong with this selection.

Room Tip: Higher levels are usually best choice. Eliminates above noise. However this is an older facility whe...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is your typical Fairfield Inn - nothing really distinguishes it from the rest. The breakfast was decent and well-stocked - though dining area gets very crowded. The room was clean but, unfortunately, not comfortable. We both woke up with backaches from the sagging mattress and the thin square pillows. The towels were extremely thin verging on threadbare. And the wi-fi on the fifth floor was virtually unusable with slow connections that kept dropping. The room was an icebox when we walked in - the thermostat was set at a wasteful 65 degrees. Noise from the hallway was easily heard in the room making it hard to fall asleep. And although we didn't have a problem, I heard at least three other guests with complaints about their rooms smelling of smoke.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stayed 4 nights over 4th of July weekend to visit various family & friends at different shore points. I found the accommodations above average compared to other Fairfield Inn's I've stayed at before. Older building but rooms appear to be modern and recently renovated. Rooms were large, included fridge and microwave, flat screen TV. Internet service was little spotty. Shower pressure very good. Room could use a few more outlets to charge devices but its manageable. Room also has a safe to store valuables.

Staff was very friendly and I found them to be responsive to our needs. We requested a crib in our reservation and I even called the morning before we arrived and was assured on the phone there would be one in the room. Unfortunately upon arrival, there wasn't one and when I called downstairs they said they'd "look for one." Obviously that was frustrating because I was told they had one. I know they are never guaranteed but whenever I call to confirm it, hotels are usually good about ensuring you get one. I was pleased with the outcome though. They owned up to their mistake and the manager actually went out and bought a pack & play and it was set up in our room by the time we got back that night. I was very pleased by this and thought that was a great job on their part in making it right and ensuring we got what was promised. Good customer service.

The free breakfast...be warned. It wasn't the food, but rather the small seating area. Choices are comparable to what you'd get at any similar hotel that offers complimentary breakfast, but the seating area is very small! For a hotel this size its almost comical. We stayed 4 nights (3 of which looked to be sold out). Even on the night where there were only 10 cars in the lot, we still couldn't find seating for breakfast. So I'd say go very early or just go to D&D down the street if its during peak breakfast time. Some days it was crazy down there (plus when you say complimentary food, its like people have never eaten before!). There were people sitting on lobby couches to eat, on the floor, or pretty much anywhere you could sit down. One day we ate outside at a picnic table where all the smokers hang out and another day I split my kids up at separate tables and I had to eat while sitting on a luggage cart next in the lobby. They did set up 2 small tables in the lobby area but wasn't nearly enough. The hotel would do better during the summer months by going next door to the Home Depot, buying one of those portable tents you can easily assemble that you see at baseball games and picnics, and putting 3 or 4 picnic tables under them so people had a comfortable outdoor option to sit. They have plenty of space by that back door. Just my 2 cents...it would make the lobby area less crowded and look less trashy when people are sitting all over the place.

Housekeeping I'd give a grade of about a C. They forgot to empty one of our overflowing trash cans one day and we asked for extra towels and they gave us 1 (literally 1 extra towel). Our room was kept clean and beds made but I wasn't overwhelmed.

I don't usually like the 1st floor but if you stay here, I'd say go for it. We were on the 4th floor (5 floors total). The elevators are painfully slow so just use the stairs. I've stayed in 30 story hotels that don't have elevators this slow. Some days we got on when it was going up just to come back down just so we could get in the elevator. If our baby wasn't in a stroller I would have used the stairs every time.

The pool is nice and open until 10pm daily. They supply towels down there as well.

There are washers and dryers on the 2nd floor which was helpful. Plenty of ice machines in the hotel as well. There is also a scheduled shuttle that goes to Resorts in AC that (I think runs Thur - Sun). We didn't use but a nice convenience if you want to have a drink or don't have a car.

Overall, this is a decent spot. They won't rob your wallet, the location is very good and the rooms are clean, spacious, and comfortable... a good alternative if you are going to Atlantic City or Brigantine. Not far from AC Expressway or GS Pkwy. Also plenty of places to eat right on Route 30, a CVS nearby, and a ShopRite. So has all you need. Try China Sea of Absecon. Food was very good (and we quietly ate our take out dinner at one of the tables in the hotel lobby that we couldn't get our hands on for breakfast :-))

Room Tip: Odd # rooms face Atlantic City and have a decent view. If you don't want to wait for slow eleva...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City? Share your experiences!