“Improperly maintained and serviced” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City

You added Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   405 East Absecon Boulevard (Route 30), Absecon, NJ 08201 (Formerly Fairfield Inn Atlantic City North)   |
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Absecon
“Improperly maintained and serviced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I have written a couple of reviews motivated by positives but this review is the opposite.....we stayed at the Fairfield Inn for two nights the weekend of September 15th. A couple of moments after entering our room, my husband bumped into an object pertruding from the bed - it was a wood slat that had 4 large nails in it .... This could have been much worse if he had fallen onto it, but he didn't. I do not know how to attach a photo to this review but wish I could because that would show the sheer unbelievability that no one caught this before we arrived. Then, when my husband went to take a shower he almost slid in the bath tub which was very slick and apparently the tub floor grips had become worn down. We reported both of these instances to the Front Desk....it took two times to get a bath mat....the wooden slat with nails was removed the next morning. Then we discovered it was difficult to adjust the air conditioning as the knob was missing - again we reported this and it was adjusted. I did ask to speak with the manager who was supposed to be there that day but apparently was off....he emailed me to ask if my husband required medical treatment for the wood plank incident - I wrote him back saying that thankfully no medical assistance was needed and also explaining all of the other issues and have not heard from him. I guess he was satisfied knowing that he would not receive a hospital bill. No adjustment was made to our stay and the management seemingly doesn't care. All in all a place that seems to need an upgrade and where customer safety seems not to count for much. I would highly recommend that you avoid ever going to this hotel.

Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Myself and my husband being very picky people were very pleased with the accommodations at the FI in AC.....very clean, the staff was very pleasant, the breakfast provided was very reasonable and we would definitely stay at this hotel again if in the area. Not to mention the 24hr availability of coffee in the breakfast area was wonderful!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
fairfieldinnacnorth, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments regarding our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again in the future.

New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

You get what you pay for - though the hotel has been recently renovated, you can tell that it was just a re-do of an old building and there are remnants of the "oldness" there. That being said, it doesn't cost much to stay here, so I think the price is fair.

It's not too far from AC, however, the trip is a bit arduous at night, and the hotel is off of a little highway so you have to make sure you're approaching from the correct direction in order to turn into it.

The breakfast was OK, not particularly fresh or diverse, but for free breakfast my expectations were low. We stayed here because we had a certificate for a free Marriott night categories 1-4, though I wouldn't rate this as a category 4 hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments regarding our hotel. We ar sorry that you did not enjoy the breakfast. We have recently revamped our breakfast offering which now includes scrambled eggs, sausage, and waffles. If you return to our area, we hope you will give us another try.

Franklin Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

This is my hotel of choice everytime I am in Atlantic City. My last visit was labor day weekend. My friends and I had a king and I must say this room was the bigest king room I have been in. I am not sure if they are all like that but wow. The breakfast is typical continental, but was great just the same. The drive to the boardwalk was about 10 mins. From Monday to Saturday, I think they have a free shuttle to Resorts. They have a pool, never used it but it looks great. I usually get a government discount when I go so I cannot speak about the price.This will continue to be my hotel of choice whenever I am in AC.

Room Tip: King size room on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
fairfieldinnacnorth, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay with us. We strive to provide a great experience for each guest we meet. We hope the next time you are in our area, that you will choose to stay with us again.

washington, dc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed here for a few nights over the 4th of July. It was a central location to visit the shore towns. The staff was nice, the rooms were nice. We did have a perfect view of the AC and other fireworks from our window, which was great, considering we were travelling with an infant. My only complaint is that breakfast was super-crowded, and they did not seem to account for that. We were up early too and the lines were long, and the food service low.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
TimBrogan, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your weekend getaway with us while in the A.C. area. I am sure the fireworks looked great from hotel as we do have some great views of the Atlantic City skyline. I understand that the breakfast area tends to be crowded on the weekends and we certainly do try to keep the lines moving by constantly replenishing our breakfast items throughout the morning. We look forward to having you return as our guest in the near future.
Audubon, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I had a free night certificate that was about to expire so my boyfriend and I decided to come down over labor day weekend. While I would have preferred to stay at the beach, it was an easy 15 minute ride to Ocean City and even quicker ride to AC. It was a free stay so you can't really complain about that.

At check in, they were able to switch us to a room with a king bed, which was nice and much appreciated. The room was wasn't anything special, but it was very clean and the bed was comfortable. It was basically what you would expect from a Fairfield -- clean, comfy, but no extra bells and whistles.

The only real complaint we had was that it was really hot in all of the common areas -- hallway, lobby, etc. Our room was fine, but stepping out into the hallway was like going into a sauna. The hotel also had free breakfast, but we skipped out on that because it was way too crowded and too hot to be in the lobby.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay with us here at the Fairfield Inn Atlantic City North. It is always our intention to provide our guests with the best possible service and accommodations in the A.C. area. We are very please to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to having you return as our guest in the future.
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights. Close enough to Atlantic city to drive but without all the noise and such of the island. The pool wasn't heated so didn't use and no hot tub. The room was very nice, beds were comfy. Hotel staff were very helpful with directions and information. There was some chili and cornbread when we arrived in the evening which was awesome! Breakfast was good and lots of seating. Liked that the sink was outside of the bathroom/shower/toilet area. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
TimBrogan, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Good Morning,

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your recent review and comments during your stay with us at the Fairfield Inn Atlantic City North. I am very pleased to hear that enjoyed your stay with us during your visit to the Atlantic City area. As you stated we are only about 5 miles outside of the high prices and crowds of Atlantic City. Sometimes on the weekend and occasionally on the weekdays we do put out a nice little welcome meal which is the chili and cornbread (which our guests love during the cold winter months.) Thank you again and we hope to have you return as our guest in the near future.

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City? Share your experiences!