“Great Hotel, Great Service, Great Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Atlantic City Marina District

You added Quality Inn & Suites Atlantic City Marina District to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites Atlantic City Marina District
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   328 East White Horse Pike, Rt. 30 East, Absecon, NJ 08201 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Absecon
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Hotel, Great Service, Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2014

I highly recommend this Quality Inn if you are in the Galloway-Absecon/Atlantic City area. The managers (Chintan and Sam) are truly great and will help you in every way they can. The rooms are very nice and clean and offer all the amenities you need. They have a nice pool and it's a very pet friendly hotel. I've stayed here a number of times and wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else when I'm in the area. The price, value, and service is excellent.

Room Tip: Talk to Chintan or Sam. They will take good care of you.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Dover, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2014

I spent four nights at this hotel while I was volunteering for the LPGA. The room was comfortable and close to restaurants. I asked what time breakfast was and the manager told me and I said I had to leave early in the morning to get to the golf course and he went in the back and brought out a handful of pre-packaged muffins and water. They have an outdoor swimming pool although I didn't get a chance to use it. I did eat breakfast the morning I was leaving and it was good. If I am in the area I will stay here again. The location, while not in Atlantic City, is close.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Hudson Valley, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2014

The king bed room we stayed at had a very strong musky odor. The carpet was stained in many places. The bed cover also had a few stains. The worst was the black mold on the ceiling in the bathroom. My wife and I woke up with nasal congestion. I asked for another room for my second night which the manager did provide for me. The room was a little bit better, but it too had floor stains and some black mold on the bathroom ceiling. I noticed a sign saying that this hotel is pet friendly which might explain some of the stains. The deluxe breakfast consisted of a dirty beligium waffle maker, unclean microwave, bagels (i think they were bagels), blueberry and bananaut muffins, cereal and bread for toast. The orange juice was watered down and the hot water had a brown tint to it. I cannot recommend this place but at least now you know what to expect.

Room Tip: Ask for a room without mold
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2014

We have NEVER experienced a stay like this one. When we entered the room it had a musty smell. We thought maybe it was just the air conditioner and would go away after it ran for a bit. We both had trouble sleeping and breathing. The smell never went away. At 4 am, my husband went to the front desk to complain and was told there weren't any other rooms available and there wasn't anything they could do for us. We had taken a cab from the casino and did not have a car with us so we tried to stick it out until the morning. When the sun came up, we were horrified by what we saw. The walls were covered with mold! We hadn't noticed it when we checked in because it was almost 1am and we went right to sleep. We left right then. My husband once again complained to the gentlemen at the front desk and was told our credit card would not be charged. Of course, it was! We have since been in touch with the health department and hopefully they have not put anyone else in that room. There are so many other hotels, PLEASE do not stay here!

Room Tip: Do not stay in Room 136!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

The room is in very bad shape , hole in the wall, crack , stain everything is bad here , we sleep at the clarion inn the other night , sooooo much better , don't ever come here , its for your own safety , i'm sleeping in my sleeping bag amd by the way the bed are bad and the internet to .......wish i can post you picture of that dump ....

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Spent a night in the Quality Inn as our home base in Atlantic City/Absecon. I am no stranger to this area, as I have stayed at the Crystal Inn & Suites twice before. The area itself is lacking nothing, in the way of fast food restaurants, coffee shops, bars/pubs, and many hotels/motels, and motor inns.

When we arrived a little earlier than our 3 PM check in time, the manager on duty was quite friendly, and made sure that a non smoking room was made up for us, as both my wife and I did not want the generic smoking room that most budget properties seem to hold for priceline.com patrons. And within 20 minutes we were in our rather smallish room, relaxing before heading to the boardwalk to enjoy AC.

The king sized bed was quite comfortable, and there were plenty of pillows. The flat screen TV delivered the usual channels (Networks, ESPN, etc.), and there was both a fridge, and a microwave, which came in handy to keep a few beers cold, and to warm up our subs from the White House, that we couldn't finish.

The bathroom was very small, with no shortage of hot water, but the water pressure was not much more than a trickle. The face plate of the overflow drain was missing from the tub, and we found a hand towel which had been used by a previous guest, and had not been picked up by housekeeping...YUCK!!!

When we woke the next morning, we headed down to the lobby, to have the breakfast that is included in the rate. Make your own waffles, muffins, danish, bagels, cereal, oatmeal, 2 kinds of juice, coffee and tea. No meat (even rubberized sausages, and bacon would have been a little nicer).

The property has a heated outdoor pool, but no lifeguard, and no one is allowed to used it, unless the property owner or manager is on site. Needless to say, it was over 80 degrees, and very humid, and no one used the pool.

The Quality Inn is not a bad place to stay, but it's not great either. Even budget properties can provide a quality place to stay. but this one just didn't meet that criteria in my opinion. The property allows guests to have a dog in the room, and we saw many take advantage of that, as we sometimes had to maneuver around dogs doing their business in the parking lot.

My advice would be to seek a room at the previously mentioned Crystal Inn before the Quality Inn. It is a family owned and operated motel, and they just seem to keep their place a little bit better.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
BUENA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

as a Choice Privelege Member, we have NEVER experienced a stay as this one..walls are paper thin..the door didn't lock..carpet desperately needs to come out (disgusting)..bedding is so uncomfortable..toilet did not flush by the handle , had to take lid off & pull chain..guests hang-out at all hours of the night/early morn hours..just remembered, wake-up call?? forget it!!..good thing we had our phones we would had missed our flight(s).
lesson learned!!!!

taking this matter to CP personally this is ridiculous!!!

Room Tip: go to the Clarion down the street
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Atlantic City Marina District? Share your experiences!