“dirty, my cat got fleas” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Atlantic City Marina District

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn & Suites Atlantic City Marina District to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites Atlantic City Marina District
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   328 East White Horse Pike, Rt. 30 East, Absecon, NJ 08201 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 24 hotels in Absecon
GreenLeadersSilver level
NYC,NY
“dirty, my cat got fleas”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed there because it was 'pet friendly'. I didn't know that it meant that the fleas in the room would become pets. I was going to stay two days but was freaked out when I saw a bug crawling in the bed. There was a used tea bag in the coffee pot and the bathroom smelled funky. Flies trying to come into the room from outside. I felt gross and sick. Luckily, my daughter saw the flea poop on my cat's white fur when we were driving home. I had to flea dip my cat and buy flea treatment. The whole ordeal cost me $65 to treat him. I called them to complain and they did nothing. I called the Dept of Health on them.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I have stayed @ many of the properties in the area during the last 2 yrs an when I am not on the boardwalk this is my new go to property. The beds are the best in the room I was in . I had two queens for my wife an daughter. 4star quality as I have slept in every hotel in AC these were just as good as Taj an Ceasars. Even tho it was off a main road it is quiet an not near a light so no loud start an go noise as you get at some of the other hotels . There is even a pool an the usual breakfast you would expect . Only a few hotels offer those amenities at the same or even higher rate . Housekeeping is nice an respect the do not disturb sign +++. Check in was quick an the proprietor was very nice an professional. Only problem was air was off in our room an took time to cool (no biggie) .

• Stayed July 2013
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I was so surprised. When I first pulled up to the hotel/motel. I was kind of disappointed. It was not what we were expecting. The area was a little dirty, it was a little cold inside the check in room and the owner had crazy incenses burning in the check in room that make me sneeze a lot. BUT when we walked into the room it blew me away. It was so clean, neat and well made. The breakfast was amazing. And we saved sooooooo much money because we found a hotel right outside of atlantic city and it was a short 10 min drive to the boardwalk.
The only complaint I would have is the pool is really small. Like smaller than the ones people own in their backyard. I would say, it could fit 8 people max, and its outside too. And there is not fitness center.
At the end though, I really recommend stay here. The owners so nice. The place is so clean, and they clean the rooms well. My family loved it, and so did I. I can see myself checking in here more often in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Motel was totally booked for the night, we had a flight change, they would not refund our money even though they could re-book the room instantly. That means they could get double for our room, we showed up anyway and stayed there 6 hours. Never again will I stay at a Quality Inn, we were told each motel can make their own decisions about refunds. I feel ripped off, cheated, they knew we we travelers 4,000 miles away from home. Bad taste in our mouth after being back East to watch our son go onto the Navel Academy, least this happened at the end of our trip! East coast you were all nice to us except the cheap owners and manager at this hotel chain!

Room Tip: If they like you they probably won't give you a room by the highway!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! The pictures on the choice privileges site were not the pictures of this hotel...the room was definitely not the room that we picked on the site. The site showed a clean, pretty, well-kept room, and this was just the opposite. We walked into a room that smelled so bad. There were black spots on the floor, dirty towels and wash cloths, a disgusting microwave, mold all over the bathroom walls and shower curtain, not enough toilet paper or tissue supplies, and the biggest problem was the BUGS. there were tons of ants on the nightstand next to the bed, a flying roach, spiders, and other types of bugs throughout the room. The workers there did not care. I guess now we know why it says no refunds after the room is booked; the owners must know what a DUMP the place is and knows everyone would be asking for a refund after seeing these disgusting rooms. We got no sleep and had a miserable experience. I will definitely be spreading the word to people NOT to go there. People go away to relax, not be aggravated. we definitely would NEVER return here...I'd rather sleep in the car. the owners should be ashamed of themselves for charging people to stay in such a place and for false advertising of the rooms.

Room Tip: do yourself a favor and book a different hotel!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Any hotel that allows me to bring my small dog for $25/less per night is a win.

The room definitely had room for improvement...Poor lighting in the bathroom, smelly room, dirty cheap carpeting, loud heater.

But for the price, Its what I expected. Good walking area for the dogs to go to the bathroom, always felt safe here, and also felt safe leaving my dog in the room while we went to the Boardwalk.

Free parking.
Free wifi
Free breakfeast

This hotel is about a 25 minute drive to the downtown AC boardwalk etc.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Staten Island, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My stay was pleasant and I do not have any complaints. I was surprised; however, that Quality Inn was actually a motel with exterior entry doors versus a low rise hotel. I saw the room pictures on their website and was happy with the decor and newer furniture. That was why I cancelled my reservations at another hotel and rebooked here. When I got to the hotel I immediately recognized the smaller scale of all common areas. The lobby, though it had 2 comfortable chairs to sit in, was tiny. I often like to sit in a hotel lobby in the morning just reading or watching the news. Connected to the lobby was the breakfast area. It featured only 6-8 tables. I was worried we wouldn't have a place to eat in the morning. Luckily, we got there early and sat comfortably at a larger table. The breakfast was adequate for a continental breakfast. It consisted of muffins, breads, cereals, juices, coffee and tea, make-your-own waffles, fresh fruit and yogurt. We were quite full and satisfied when we left. Our room was clean. The furniture was sturdy, functional, and modern. The very long sink vanity was a beautiful marble. Overall, I had a good stay at Quality. If you are fine with this type of accommodation, I would recommend it. I needed to be at the Sheraton for a competition so this hotel was quite far from there. If you need to be on that side of AC you might be better off booking a hotel on Black Horse Pike. If you want to be within close proximity to the marina, Quality Inn was a charming place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Atlantic City Marina District? Share your experiences!