“Get what you pay for, I guess” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Atlantic City Marina District

You added Quality Inn & Suites Atlantic City Marina District to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites Atlantic City Marina District
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   328 East White Horse Pike, Rt. 30 East, Absecon, NJ 08201 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Absecon
Miamisburg, OH
“Get what you pay for, I guess”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

There was lots of litter (cups, bottles, butts) all around the property and lots of weeds on the sides of the buildings. The carpets were stained, and there was a 1 inch gap under our door, and the sun light came in, and we had to cover it. They advertised flat screen TVs, we got an old tube TV. There was a huge pile of laundry stashed at the end of the building on both days as you drove up to your room's building. The toilet paper holder was broken off the wall, and there was a layer of dust on the lamps. There room was very dim. The mattress made a noise like it was covered in vinyl. The wireless internet worked good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

n my 25 years of staying at hotels, I have never given a bad review. Well, there's always a first! My husband and I decided (unfortunately) to stay at the Quality Inn ,Absecon duringt our visit to Atlantic city. We were pretty exhausted when we stopped. Had a coupon but was told at the front desk that they weren't accepting coupons "tonight". It was a Friday and nowhere on the coupon did it say this. However, it did say "per availability", so I thought...okay, fine. Paid for the room and then my husband and I drove around and walked up the steps to our 2nd floor room. The first thing we noticed was a very stale, moldy smell in the room . Anyone with breathing problems should stay away. We had a "non-smoking" room and I kept the a.c. on, but still needed to use my inhaler and my husband was stuffy and sneezing. The moldy smell was EVERYWHERE.hair in the bathroom , there is cobweb on the ceiling and door corner. Breakfast is a joke. The room is so small that you bump into everyone .we took our coffee and headed back to our room. Needless to say, we could not wait to get back on the road and head home. With so many other choices in that area, we will never stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Stayed here to be Close to Atlantic city. Rooms were filthy, smelly. Towels were dingy. Sent towels back two days in a row because of this. Neighbors were noisy, first night they had a barking dog, second night at 1:00am they sounded as though they were going to come through walls. Pictures were rattling and even our beds were rattling. It woke my children up from their sleep. How could We explain all that noise????? First night We complained about the dog next door. Hotel desk not friendly. Moody walls in bathroom. Our hotel door had an opening at the bottom that was over an inch wide. We had to keep a blanket there because leaves and spiders were coming in. I have already contacted Choice Hotels corporate office. Our first family vacation in years and this is what happened. Oh Yeah I booked through Expedia.com....NEVER AGAIN!!!

• Stayed July 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed here for one night only in July, to test it out and love it. The room was clean, and nicely appointed. The amenities are excellent. The staff are friendly, cooperative and helpful, nothing bad to talk or complain about this hotel. We'll definitely come back here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

rooms are dark, dirty, nasty, and smelly. old and worn. staff was terrible, lousy customer service. tried to cancel once we arrived and saw how disgusting the place was, they wouldnt allow it and didnt care one bit that no one was happy with the conditions. we reserved several rooms as a group and NONE of us wanted to stay there, it was THAT BAD. we all bailed and some of us even ate the 1st night charge just so we could get out of there. I didnt even want to bring my dogs into that place, so gross. no grass outside for dogs, just dirt, weeds and trash all over. looks like a place that rents by the hour instead of accommodating any other travelers. stay away, it is absolutely horrible

Room Tip: tip to help travelers choose a good room? find one elsewhere!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I knew this was a budget Motel and I my expectations were not high. The only thing I expected was cleanliness: clean bedding, bath, floors, etc. Unfortunately our room offered none of these. I love to walk barefoot outside, but I didn't even feel comfortable walking barefoot in our room. The rug was old and dirty with multiple large dark stains in many spots. The bedding looked like it had never been washed. I immediately removed the blanket and bedspread and left only the sheets on the bed (which appeared laundered but had small stains on them). The room was dark, dingy and musty smelling. Walls had several small holes, especially bathroom where the toilet paper holder had been moved. There was no towel rack at vanity and we had one bar of soap for 2 people to share between sink and tub. "Housekeeping" uses a grocery cart to move linens/towels around. Clean towels & sheets are thrown into rusty cart and rub up against exterior walls as they move the cart from room to room. Towels are very thin, nearly see through. I left note asking for additional towels for the next day, but it was ignored. We had to walk to front desk to get an additional towel. Also, there seems to be a communication/language problem with some of the desk staff. We asked for directions to a restaurant that was only 3-4 doors down, but they couldn't understand us.

As I said, my expectations were not high, but this was probably the worst place I have stayed. When I got home, I was afraid to bring bed bugs into my house and aired out all my luggage and washed everything in them before putting anything away. It's a nasty place, couldn't wait to get out!

The only 'good' thing I can say about this place is that it offers a convenient location outside of Atlantic City. Its about 10 min drive and there's plenty of chain type restaurants, convenience stores and drug stores in the area. That being said, there are plenty of other hotels on White Horse Pike to select from and I would never stay here again. Also, we ran into same address problem with GPS as another reviewer - they list address as White Horse Park, but it is actually East White Horse Pike.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Edison, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Well for starters... you walk into the front desk area and see 2 grungy, hillbilly, looking Indians manning the desk... and staring at Video screens while you talk to them... hmmm... I wonder what they are looking at? Anyway, they really give you the sense that maybe I made a mistake reserving this place? Oh well...we'll tried it out... big mistake!... Always go with your gut! We checked in... got our keys... went to room... Room wasn't ready!... So, we went back to desk - got another room - they said "Sorry about that - we will upgrade you to a better suite"... we thought - Oh wow!... thanks! What a piece of Crap!... Room was Very cold, dirty and had a weird smell to it... Some upgrade!"... We lit incense to camouflage the strange smell... but... as we looked around... we found more quality... Stains on carpet... Freezing bathroom... Zombie looking maids working the rooms... shower head was rusted... holes in walls... tub stopper didn't work, Hair dryers On & OFF button... defective!... "you had to keep pushing in the ON button in order to keep using the damn thing!" Ironing board looked like it was found in the trash somewhere... it kept falling apart as soon as you put a little pressure on it plus, iron kept leaking water..." refrigerator in room kept making an annoying ticking sound. Partition make shift wall... which separates the couch area with the bedding area was flimsy... "made out of cardboard - if you bump into this partition... it may easily fall... not secure at all... There is NO QUALITY at the Abescon Quality Inn. Pure CRAP! Stay somewhere else!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Atlantic City Marina District? Share your experiences!