“Filthy, disgusting!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Atlantic City Marina District

You added Quality Inn & Suites Atlantic City Marina District to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites Atlantic City Marina District
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   328 East White Horse Pike, Rt. 30 East, Absecon, NJ 08201 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Absecon
“Filthy, disgusting!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here to be Close to Atlantic city. Rooms were filthy, smelly. Towels were dingy. Sent towels back two days in a row because of this. Neighbors were noisy, first night they had a barking dog, second night at 1:00am they sounded as though they were going to come through walls. Pictures were rattling and even our beds were rattling. It woke my children up from their sleep. How could We explain all that noise????? First night We complained about the dog next door. Hotel desk not friendly. Moody walls in bathroom. Our hotel door had an opening at the bottom that was over an inch wide. We had to keep a blanket there because leaves and spiders were coming in. I have already contacted Choice Hotels corporate office. Our first family vacation in years and this is what happened. Oh Yeah I booked through Expedia.com....NEVER AGAIN!!!

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed here for one night only in July, to test it out and love it. The room was clean, and nicely appointed. The amenities are excellent. The staff are friendly, cooperative and helpful, nothing bad to talk or complain about this hotel. We'll definitely come back here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

rooms are dark, dirty, nasty, and smelly. old and worn. staff was terrible, lousy customer service. tried to cancel once we arrived and saw how disgusting the place was, they wouldnt allow it and didnt care one bit that no one was happy with the conditions. we reserved several rooms as a group and NONE of us wanted to stay there, it was THAT BAD. we all bailed and some of us even ate the 1st night charge just so we could get out of there. I didnt even want to bring my dogs into that place, so gross. no grass outside for dogs, just dirt, weeds and trash all over. looks like a place that rents by the hour instead of accommodating any other travelers. stay away, it is absolutely horrible

Room Tip: tip to help travelers choose a good room? find one elsewhere!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I knew this was a budget Motel and I my expectations were not high. The only thing I expected was cleanliness: clean bedding, bath, floors, etc. Unfortunately our room offered none of these. I love to walk barefoot outside, but I didn't even feel comfortable walking barefoot in our room. The rug was old and dirty with multiple large dark stains in many spots. The bedding looked like it had never been washed. I immediately removed the blanket and bedspread and left only the sheets on the bed (which appeared laundered but had small stains on them). The room was dark, dingy and musty smelling. Walls had several small holes, especially bathroom where the toilet paper holder had been moved. There was no towel rack at vanity and we had one bar of soap for 2 people to share between sink and tub. "Housekeeping" uses a grocery cart to move linens/towels around. Clean towels & sheets are thrown into rusty cart and rub up against exterior walls as they move the cart from room to room. Towels are very thin, nearly see through. I left note asking for additional towels for the next day, but it was ignored. We had to walk to front desk to get an additional towel. Also, there seems to be a communication/language problem with some of the desk staff. We asked for directions to a restaurant that was only 3-4 doors down, but they couldn't understand us.

As I said, my expectations were not high, but this was probably the worst place I have stayed. When I got home, I was afraid to bring bed bugs into my house and aired out all my luggage and washed everything in them before putting anything away. It's a nasty place, couldn't wait to get out!

The only 'good' thing I can say about this place is that it offers a convenient location outside of Atlantic City. Its about 10 min drive and there's plenty of chain type restaurants, convenience stores and drug stores in the area. That being said, there are plenty of other hotels on White Horse Pike to select from and I would never stay here again. Also, we ran into same address problem with GPS as another reviewer - they list address as White Horse Park, but it is actually East White Horse Pike.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Edison, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Well for starters... you walk into the front desk area and see 2 grungy, hillbilly, looking Indians manning the desk... and staring at Video screens while you talk to them... hmmm... I wonder what they are looking at? Anyway, they really give you the sense that maybe I made a mistake reserving this place? Oh well...we'll tried it out... big mistake!... Always go with your gut! We checked in... got our keys... went to room... Room wasn't ready!... So, we went back to desk - got another room - they said "Sorry about that - we will upgrade you to a better suite"... we thought - Oh wow!... thanks! What a piece of Crap!... Room was Very cold, dirty and had a weird smell to it... Some upgrade!"... We lit incense to camouflage the strange smell... but... as we looked around... we found more quality... Stains on carpet... Freezing bathroom... Zombie looking maids working the rooms... shower head was rusted... holes in walls... tub stopper didn't work, Hair dryers On & OFF button... defective!... "you had to keep pushing in the ON button in order to keep using the damn thing!" Ironing board looked like it was found in the trash somewhere... it kept falling apart as soon as you put a little pressure on it plus, iron kept leaking water..." refrigerator in room kept making an annoying ticking sound. Partition make shift wall... which separates the couch area with the bedding area was flimsy... "made out of cardboard - if you bump into this partition... it may easily fall... not secure at all... There is NO QUALITY at the Abescon Quality Inn. Pure CRAP! Stay somewhere else!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

There are so many hotels in and near AC w/ bed bugs, my primary focus was tracking down a hotel that DID NOT appear on the bedbugregistry.com site -- this is why I chose this hotel. The Quality Inn website also boasted about this property having been recently renovated, so I expected to get a decent room. This motel (used to be the Econo Lodge) was actually a 2-story walk up, not what I was expecting. My room was labeled as non-smoking, yet there was an ashtray in the room. Also, the bed linens and carpet had cigarette burns in them. While conducting my very thorough bed bug inspection, I found many different strands of hair under the sheets on the mattress cover. This totally grossed me out to no end -- Even in my "freshly cleaned sheets" I still found strands of hair. Not sure if they ever clean the mattress covers or blankets or anything but it definitely grossed me out and I had a difficult time falling asleep b/c I didn't feel comfortable in the bed. The tags on the mattress said EconoLodge, which means even though the rooms were renovated for the Quality Inn, the beds were never replaced.

Also the drain in both the bathtub and the sink were extremely slow. While brushing my teeth, the sink was almost completely filled w/ water. While taking about a 10 min shower, I was standing in water probably about 2-3 inches deep because of the slow drainage. Also, the walls were pretty thin, as I could hear the doors from the other tenants slamming shut when the other customers were leaving their rooms. The wifi was extremely slow. I would definitely NOT recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
New Providence
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

We stayed at this hotel in October. The hotel itself was not bad but the room was not a room that should of been sold. Our room had a desk light that where the bulb is that whole part was hanging out of the light and leaning over. We could of gotten shocked. The smoke detector was missing and wires hanging overhead. There was an 1/2 of dust on the headboard and in other inconspicuous spaces. There was stuff splattered on the inside door. It was a really poor experience. When I checked out I looked at the bill and disputed the amount and he said this is what I told you. I said but I had a coupon and you told me that you would give me a discount for our second night. He did nothing. Breakfast was not the standard Choice breakfast, they did not have all the options. I did file a complaint with Choice and got a letter but never heard from the manager. There are a lot of other properties in the area and I wish we would of stayed at one.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Atlantic City Marina District? Share your experiences!