“OK for the money” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Absecon

You added Econo Lodge Absecon to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Absecon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   306 East White Horse Pike, Rte 30, Absecon, NJ 08201 (Formerly Deluxe Inn Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Absecon
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“OK for the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

The room was more practical than anything as prices at actual shore points were out of bounds. The pool was nice, the room was clean and bedding was very comfortable (though the jacuzzi fixture looked like it wasn't upgraded from the late 80's). TV was updated (ie flatscreen).

Bring your own pillow, unless you can sleep on smaller square pillows. I know it's an "Econo Lodge thing" rather than this hotel, just didn't prefer it. The breakfast was well stocked, clean and had all the basics.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

1st...the pics you see... are NOT OF THE ROOMS YOU STAY IN.... we booked based on photos... and when got there we got a room that was not at all like pics... tub had rusty parts... and the spicket was sticking way our of the wall...plumbing exposed.. ( see my pics I will tag them "tiny1096"...)..it smelled like cigarette smoke so bad... I didn't bring my bags in at all....the floor was disgusting, .. my fiance... rinsed off fast and walked on the towel to bed to sleep a few hours before we got back on the road.... the room was gross....but my fiance was sick..and needed to lay down so bad.... we didn't have much choice....the rooms hair dryer... when I tried to grab it.. came out of the wall..exposing the wires...with came out as well..... very dangerous... the floor had cracked tiles...bathroom had mold and separated vanity from wall... carpet looked like it had oil dumped in it... we immediately tried to leave, but... booked thru trip advisor and the desk clerk refused a refund... even tho we walked in and walked back out.... I asked about the pics... she said they had a couple "suites"....and those are the ones in the photos....I asked to be switched to that... but... they only have a couple and they were booked. ..so claims the clerk... personally I don't think those suites exist.....the room we stayed in was so disgusting It isn't probable that they made two "Taj mahals"...and left the rest to fall apart.... I think the pics of heart shaped tubs...are somewhere else... I will be reporting them to trip advisor and will be calling my credit card to report fraud.... I have pics... I will tag all of them "tiny1096"....my username for trip advisor... DO NOT STAY HERE...YOU WILL BE GROSSED OUT..

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Stayed on a Saturday night while traveling with another couple. Location was in the middle of where we were visiting - Historic Smithville and Atlantic City. On the sign out front it said "check out our jungle themed suite" so I wondered if this was going to be the right choice of a place to stay. Wives got to hotel first and the office was locked, had to wait for someone to come down and check them in. We had two rooms both twin double beds non-smoking. Other couple was on the first floor and the bed was on a very short platform so bed was very low. When I got to our second floor room, bed was normal height but room had the scent of heavy use of air freshener. Had to let room air out a bit. My room had a small refrigerator and microwave. Refrigerator was old and did not seal correctly and you could tell it defrosted many times judging by the floor and carpet adjacent to it. The TV was old and not HD, so it was pretty fuzzy. Mattress was old and fairly soft and I was rolling to one side. Bathroom shower curtain hardware was loose and barely in the wall. Plenty of hot water although other couple with us had trouble getting hot water in morning. Linens were clean. Continental breakfast area was tiny so you could not eat there, we didn't even try and didn't even looked at it. Went to Phoenix DIner for breakfast. Vote was not to stay here again should we return. Plenty of other hotels on this strip.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

We stayed at the property for a weekend trip and were looking for an economical getaway. This fit the bill perfectly and was adequate for our needs. Please remember that you are purchasing value not luxury. The rooms are average and fair-sized. The one we were in had a small refrigerator and a microwave, neither of the highest quality but adequate for our needs.
The staff were friendly and responsive to our questions and obviously with a property this size, check-in and out was a breeze. We did not eat the offered breakfast, so I have no info. on that. There is a Denny's and WaWa about half a mile up the road for your quick food needs.
As I said previously, you get what you pay for, so if you're looking for a cheap place 10 minutes from the boardwalk, this may be for you.

A quick note of caution, check your room for cleanliness before you settle, Rm 115 on the first floor was totally unsatisfactory, We requested and got another room that was much cleaner.

Atlantic City is a quick ride down the pike and traffic (even on a Saturday night) was a breeze.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Richlands, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I was a little skeptical about this hotel because of the reviews I had read online. The room was spacious and clean so overall it was great for the price! Don't know if I would stay there again if in the area but you can't beat the price. I would just prefer something a little more modern.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

On the plus side, the room was fairly large and I loved having the extra space with table/chairs, wet bar, fridge and microwave. That would make a long stay comfortable. Negatives: thin walls, I heard the neighboring room's TV. No phone in the room, which was odd, and no alarm clock. Old tube TV that I couldn't attach my laptop to. The WiFi is a joke, incredibly slow with weak signal. I got faster download time when I tethered my phone! The hotel is apparently renovating; the trim around the baseboard under the bathroom sink was ripped out. Breakfast was a complete joke, just coffee and packaged pastries. I was there midweek, off-season and paid $62 for two nights, and for the price it was a great deal. You have to evaluate what elements are important to you. Location is OK, about a 15 minute drive from downtown Atlantic City

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

My finance and I stayed here recently to celebrate our anniversary in AC without paying weekend hotel rates at the casinos. We booked a suite and were horribly disappointed. When we first checked in, we and to ring a bell, buzzed in & we were greeted by a friendly woman in a dingy office. When we first opened our room door, we were greeted with a horrible smell of what I now believe was pesticides. We expected the themed suite to be cheesy, which it was, but also hideous. We decided to tough it out, within an hour of putting the heating unit on, the cockroaches started crawling out of the cracks in the walls, which were many. My finance killed them, and he calmed me down from sheer panic. We called downstairs to inform the staff, no one answered. We went out to dinner, came back and flipped on the lights and there were more huge cockroaches, maybe even water-bugs. We went down to the office and the told the woman, who acted sincere and embarrassed and said they don't have roaches. In fact no one has ever seen a roach there... We believed her, and got switched to another "suite". The new room, was just as horribly decorated. The water went from freezing to boiling without any reason. The bed was awful. Somehow we managed to go to sleep after we put a chair up against the door which was about an inch and a half above the ground, allowing cold air and who knows what else in! The lock on the door didn't even lock correctly. in the morning I awoke to flipping on the light in the bathroom and finding baby cockroaches all over the bathroom floor. Needless to say we packed up ASAP. Before we drove away, I wanted to check the reviews online about this place end found out that many others have has the exact experience as we did!!! And that the office workers always acted surprised about the cockroaches!!! So I went to the office and again told the lady about the roaches, she again put on her surprised face!! I told her I found other reviews about roaches and she said the exterminator comes every week... I just gave up arguing and decided to write this review to warn others. There are nicer places to stay for the money, without the roaches and the lies!!!!

Room Tip: Just don't stay here... Unless you enjoy roaches everywhere.