“Ok for the price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Absecon

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge Absecon to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Absecon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   306 White Horse Pike E, Rte 30, Absecon, NJ 08201 (Formerly Deluxe Inn Suites)   |
Ranked #7 of 24 hotels in Absecon
Richlands, Virginia
“Ok for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I was a little skeptical about this hotel because of the reviews I had read online. The room was spacious and clean so overall it was great for the price! Don't know if I would stay there again if in the area but you can't beat the price. I would just prefer something a little more modern.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Springfield, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

On the plus side, the room was fairly large and I loved having the extra space with table/chairs, wet bar, fridge and microwave. That would make a long stay comfortable. Negatives: thin walls, I heard the neighboring room's TV. No phone in the room, which was odd, and no alarm clock. Old tube TV that I couldn't attach my laptop to. The WiFi is a joke, incredibly slow with weak signal. I got faster download time when I tethered my phone! The hotel is apparently renovating; the trim around the baseboard under the bathroom sink was ripped out. Breakfast was a complete joke, just coffee and packaged pastries. I was there midweek, off-season and paid $62 for two nights, and for the price it was a great deal. You have to evaluate what elements are important to you. Location is OK, about a 15 minute drive from downtown Atlantic City

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

My finance and I stayed here recently to celebrate our anniversary in AC without paying weekend hotel rates at the casinos. We booked a suite and were horribly disappointed. When we first checked in, we and to ring a bell, buzzed in & we were greeted by a friendly woman in a dingy office. When we first opened our room door, we were greeted with a horrible smell of what I now believe was pesticides. We expected the themed suite to be cheesy, which it was, but also hideous. We decided to tough it out, within an hour of putting the heating unit on, the cockroaches started crawling out of the cracks in the walls, which were many. My finance killed them, and he calmed me down from sheer panic. We called downstairs to inform the staff, no one answered. We went out to dinner, came back and flipped on the lights and there were more huge cockroaches, maybe even water-bugs. We went down to the office and the told the woman, who acted sincere and embarrassed and said they don't have roaches. In fact no one has ever seen a roach there... We believed her, and got switched to another "suite". The new room, was just as horribly decorated. The water went from freezing to boiling without any reason. The bed was awful. Somehow we managed to go to sleep after we put a chair up against the door which was about an inch and a half above the ground, allowing cold air and who knows what else in! The lock on the door didn't even lock correctly. in the morning I awoke to flipping on the light in the bathroom and finding baby cockroaches all over the bathroom floor. Needless to say we packed up ASAP. Before we drove away, I wanted to check the reviews online about this place end found out that many others have has the exact experience as we did!!! And that the office workers always acted surprised about the cockroaches!!! So I went to the office and again told the lady about the roaches, she again put on her surprised face!! I told her I found other reviews about roaches and she said the exterminator comes every week... I just gave up arguing and decided to write this review to warn others. There are nicer places to stay for the money, without the roaches and the lies!!!!

Room Tip: Just don't stay here... Unless you enjoy roaches everywhere.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed here this past weekend because we had an early flight. Never staying there again. The staff doesn't speak English, the sheets had stains, the bathroom was full of pubic hair, tub had a hand written sign that said "out of order", and the room smelled like someone pooped and dropped a bottle of perfume at the same time. We didn't even lay in the bed because the stains were so bad. We left before we got any illnesses. Do yourself a favor and don't stay here. Nasty is an understatement

• Stayed October 2013
Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I've stayed at other Econo Lodges, but this one is no where near as nice as I thought it would be. The floor was so dirty, I hope I didn't catch anything from it. Washed my feet, looked like mud on them. Floor near microwave, felt like at any minute, it would cave in. Sink near microwave, not connected to anything, just sitting there. They look like they are trying to remodel, but not a very good job. Saw roaches in the bathroom and roach traps in the dresser. They need to clean up (especially the floors), need newer tv's, better beds and a more modern look to this motel. The good thing is, it's close to Atlantic City, small, but cool refrigerator, the ac, shower (water flow & hot water) and check-out. This motel holds the true saying, you get what you pay for. I'll never stay here again and good luck whoever chooses this place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mount Holly, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I searched on line for a last minute mini get away with my wife. After searching hotels and reading reviews, Econo Lodge was at the front. At check-in, we were greeted by a most pleasant female clerk who quickly made us feel like we made the right choice. Our room was far better than we expected for the price. Everything was very clean and odor free. House keeping cleaned our room daily and promptly every morning of our 2 day stay. Check out was just as pleasant as checking in. We will stay here again on our next Atlantic City mini vacation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I went there for my birthday & loved it, there themed rooms are beautiful and very reasonable price wise. The room was very clean very nice staff called ahead & room was less then the online price. Checked in a lil late but still mad out great & enjoyed myself. Close enough 2 Atlantic City and had alot of places to fo bear by. I would recommend it to a friend & will be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Econo Lodge Absecon? Share your experiences!