“Really...not as bad as I thought!” 2 of 5 stars

Knights Inn Atlantic City Absecon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   531 Absecon Boulevard, Absecon, NJ 08201   |
Ranked #22 of 24 Hotels in Absecon
Princeton, New Jersey
“Really...not as bad as I thought!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

You get what you pay for. Memorial Day weekend on a budget it worked. Sheets and pillows were dirty. Fridge and microwave in room worked. Service terrible. Our toilet got clogged and person at front desk would not come to room so we had to go get the plunger and plunge toilet for whole trip. 10 min drive to casino/boardwalk. If you dont mind a cheap dirty room then its not that bad. Compared to some other AC hotels, could have been worse..It was a place to get ready and keep our stuff at. Main reason we booked was b/c it was dog friendly. Dogs came home in one piece and bug free so that's something right?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Hunlock Creek, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel in the past and loved it. UNTIL this past weekend. I booked our room in advance and it was $190.00 We got to the hotel around 10-11pm checked in and got to our room and it was disgusting enough that I wouldn't put my dog there. The sheets were dirty along with the pillow cases. The jacuzzi was filthy. There were no smoke detector it stunk of mold and mildew.The doors would not stay shut in 2 of the rooms they tried to have us use.Locks were broken on the doors. The Tv didn't work and there were no numbers on the phone keypad. We didn't even get our stuff in the room and went back to the front desk and complained. The clerk then took us to another room and it was just as bad if not worse. This all took about an hour of them trying to get us another room so finally we said we want our money back we are going somewhere else. The clerk called the manager and manager said no he will not refund us at all. We went next door to the Comfort inn and it was BEAUTIFUL and they even gave us a lover rate the first night for all of the crap we delt with next door. The next morning we went back to the Knights Inn and demanded our money back. The manager kept giving us a run around and was a real jerk. This is a very bad place. There were drugs outside the office doors on the ground. Just disgusting. PLease do NOT stay here. It needs to be shut down!!!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms we went through several and none of them had smoke alarms and were just terr...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Well folks my wife and I made spur of the moment plans to take a trip to Atlantic City on Dec. 30, 2012 . We decided not to reserve a room un til we actually needed onr the night of our arrival. I did a search on my phone and found lots of rooms available considering the New Years holiday only 2 days away. But this being a spur of the moment deal .... Finding and affordable room was the real issue. I used google from my cell phone and found this place right away because the $45.00 per night rate really stood out. I admit I was a little skeptical at first. This motel is kind of out in the middle of nowhere or so it seemed . But I realized it is actually only a 15 minute drive from just about any of the major casinos. Although the front desk clerk was,st very good at greeting guests I must admit I was impressed at how clean and comfortable the room was. I"m not sure whether or not it was a mistake but our romm had a Jacuzzi Bath Tub in the middle of the room! Not to mention the room also had regular Tub and shower. Very clean Quiet and Cheap. Cant ask for more at that price!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the Jacuzzi!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and I decided to do a honeymoon in AC. Now we have stayed at the knights Inn before... It was not the best
5 Star.stay But it did the Job. Maybe because we were Just staying for a overnight or2. Well This time we.planned to stay from Wednesday to Sunday.

To start we arrived Wednesday Night and I Just had a feelings that I wanted to stay somewhere else. So we went to look at the comfort Inn Next door. When I called to Cancel they said I had to Pay for a Night Anyway so we decided to stay. When we got there the room smelled of mold and mildew. It was so strong that I was choking. We went to the Store to get cleaning supplies. We bleached the soaking tub bathroom and all other bleachable surfaces.. sprayed disinfectant all over the bed. Had to get new sheets because there was.a stain on the ones that erre on the bed. I was upset But we stayed and tried to deal. We tried Tp have a romantic evening in the tub with glasses of wine But as soon as we put out glasses Down huge gnats were swimming in them. There.were.gnats everywhere. We them got in the bed and almost immediatly started itching. So at 6 am i went to have out room changed. We went to the room Next door the smell was a little better But it still smelled stale. So we Just got dressed for the day. The breakfast was horrible there were flies in the donuts. The guy at the desk was sleeping when we went to complain. we neverhad Any room service for 3 days and had to go get towels. Out keys were deactivated and when we returned from Being out the door.was opened. All and all it was not a good stay. And I will try to find another reasonable go to hotel for our AC trips..not going back there Again.

• Stayed September 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

It was a one night stay we paid 325.00 for two rooms. Rooms were on poor conditions, dirty and filthy furniture. Shades or blinds were broken. Dissatisfied :( . Wish I could of driven to ac and found another one star hotel with less than half of the price they charge. Don't stay at this hotel. There are plenty on the strip for 45.00 a night and same condition . I paid 150.00 and 171.00 for bad condition . They are overpriced. and doesn't give bar soap just face soap .

• Stayed August 2012
Bay Shore, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

PLEASE HEED MY WARNING DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL....Booked this hotel because the first time we stayed there it was new and it was the only hotel in that area I had an experience with besides staying in A.C. at the casino. Got there the clerk was nice enough. He gave us the key we went to the room and upon pulling up there was a couple screaming at each other and their children running around with no supervision. We opened the door to the room and we were mortified. There were holes in the wall, the A/C was cracked, there were holes in the bedspreads, there was urine on the bathroom door, the wood was peeling off the bathroom door and the carpet, I wouldn't even let my dog walk on it. We went back and the clerk already had another room ready (because I guess the housekeeper who was there when the couple was causing a scene told him we were coming back out of the room with our bags) for us. I went to the other room he gave us and the odor in the room was beyond disgusting. I wish I could tell you what it smelt like but there is nothing I can compare it too. I went back to the front desk and asked for a refund he told me I have to go thru Expedia. I didn't argue handed the key back and left. Thank god we were able to find another room in a very nice hotel, it was Quality Inn by the way. I had to get in touch with Expedia, which was not the greatest experience either, I had to fight for my money back, I told them they shouldn't even have this rat hole on their website. I asked for a supervisor and asked her after going back and forth with her I asked her if she would let her family stay in a place like that and she finally refunded my money. Oh and also the Quality Inn was cheaper.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

This is the worst hotel ever. Disgusting service, disgusting living area, and an all around disgusting experience. Do NOT TRUST ANYTHING THEY SAY! THEY ARE LIARS AND THIEVES. This hotel is rated 2 stars but it is not even worthy enough for 1 star. Do not waste your time. Please, Please, Please trust me on this. You've been warned, be smart and look at another hotel. Even rats deserve better living conditions and more respect.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Been to Knights Inn Atlantic City Absecon? Share your experiences!