“You get what you pay for.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Absecon
Mount Ephraim, New Jersey, United States
“You get what you pay for.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

My boyfriend and I were working at the Atlantic City Race Track last weekend. Instead of driving back and forth, we decided to get a place to stay for a night. This place was the cheapest I found, being $35 per night. On a weekend, and booked last minute, I thought it was a good deal. I wasn't expecting anything fancy, but this place is pretty dumpy. The front office reeked of incense, and the old man at the counter kept calling me "toots." Check in was fast and simple. Room was a decent size, regular tube tv with basic cable, mini fridge, and microwave all worked. Now to the bad parts. Window was cracked and taped over with duct tape. Very ghetto looking. Beds are like sleeping on a rock, it was literally a mattress on top of the bed frame. No box spring. Very uncomfortable. Bathroom was disgusting, and probably the worst I've ever seen. Dirt on the floor, toilet bowl had yellow stains, and even the towels had yellow stains on them. Absolutely gross. Would not stay here again. I would rather pay more and stay some place even semi-decent.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I have read a lot of reviews about this place and can not agree why some people complain. I stayed here a few times, the room & bathroom were clean, all lights worked etc. Wi-Fi signal was good compared to other similar hotels. I do agree that some fixtures need remodeling but that's not so essential considering the price you pay here. Those who complain should pay $50-60 per night at hotels like Mariott etc. After all, next time I come to Absecon area I will book a room here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Scranton, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Me and my family went from Aug 22-25. The hotel is old and needs updates on the linens. The comforter had some cigarette holes in it but we always bring our own linens. Besides that issue it was great for the price!!! We paid a total of $217 for 3 nights and it is less than 10 minutes to the AC boardwalk. Would deff stay here again! Fridge and microwave both worked fine. Also, there is everything on this strip of road, dollar store, mcdonalds, banks, WAWA and more.

Room Tip: Bring your own linens
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We were looking for a clean and sufficient motel along Route 30 at the best price. I was a bit nervous about staying here after reading some previous reviews, but I think the other reviews are older, because our experience was surprisingly very good overall, considering the fact that this is a budget motel (which you have to keep in mind).

The staff was extremely friendly and welcoming and called us when we got into the room to ask how everything was. The bed was surprisingly really comfortable and we had a great night's sleep. There was a minor amount of noise from the traffic but it was really just like background noise and didn't affect our sleep. All appliances (refrigerator, microwave, TV, air conditioning) worked fine.

Sure the decor is dated, but you have to remember this is not a 5* hotel. The only (minor) problems were the hot and cold water faucets were reversed (not a big deal) and the coffee wasn't so good. We didn't have breakfast so can't comment on the selection.

Overall I'm giving this motel a rating of "Very Good" because, for the standard of what I was expecting from a budget motel (I've stayed in plenty), it exceeded my expectations and at one of the best prices we found in the area. We would stay here again if we had reason to be in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Wilkes-Barre
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We checked in, dropped off her bags, and then ran into Atlantic City. The room didn't look that bad.

Then we came back.

As I'm untucking the top sheets, I notice there is no box spring under the mattress. The mattress sets on a piece of plywood. The bed was extremely uncomfortable and the pillows weren't much better.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Vineland, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

If you're a denizen of a Tom Waits or Woody Guthrie song, or have been riding the rails and need a flop, this is the place for you. It was run down, shabby, badly dated, the bed was uncomfortable and the refrigerator didn't work. It reminded me of the epitath; they'll have to paint it before they can condemn it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Rodeway Inn Parkway? Share your experiences!