“Rodeway Inn Absecon” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Absecon
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Rodeway Inn Absecon”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Me and my family went from Aug 22-25. The hotel is old and needs updates on the linens. The comforter had some cigarette holes in it but we always bring our own linens. Besides that issue it was great for the price!!! We paid a total of $217 for 3 nights and it is less than 10 minutes to the AC boardwalk. Would deff stay here again! Fridge and microwave both worked fine. Also, there is everything on this strip of road, dollar store, mcdonalds, banks, WAWA and more.

Room Tip: Bring your own linens
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We were looking for a clean and sufficient motel along Route 30 at the best price. I was a bit nervous about staying here after reading some previous reviews, but I think the other reviews are older, because our experience was surprisingly very good overall, considering the fact that this is a budget motel (which you have to keep in mind).

The staff was extremely friendly and welcoming and called us when we got into the room to ask how everything was. The bed was surprisingly really comfortable and we had a great night's sleep. There was a minor amount of noise from the traffic but it was really just like background noise and didn't affect our sleep. All appliances (refrigerator, microwave, TV, air conditioning) worked fine.

Sure the decor is dated, but you have to remember this is not a 5* hotel. The only (minor) problems were the hot and cold water faucets were reversed (not a big deal) and the coffee wasn't so good. We didn't have breakfast so can't comment on the selection.

Overall I'm giving this motel a rating of "Very Good" because, for the standard of what I was expecting from a budget motel (I've stayed in plenty), it exceeded my expectations and at one of the best prices we found in the area. We would stay here again if we had reason to be in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Wilkes-Barre
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We checked in, dropped off her bags, and then ran into Atlantic City. The room didn't look that bad.

Then we came back.

As I'm untucking the top sheets, I notice there is no box spring under the mattress. The mattress sets on a piece of plywood. The bed was extremely uncomfortable and the pillows weren't much better.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Vineland, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

If you're a denizen of a Tom Waits or Woody Guthrie song, or have been riding the rails and need a flop, this is the place for you. It was run down, shabby, badly dated, the bed was uncomfortable and the refrigerator didn't work. It reminded me of the epitath; they'll have to paint it before they can condemn it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

First I must say that the staff is very friendly and polite. The room was clean but very dated. Ceiling light cover was missing and the door didn't seal very well in the door frame. Those things didn't bother me because I knew what we were in a budget motel. The only thing I couldn't get over was the TV. The TV volume didn't work on either the the set or the remote. You could hear the TV from the parking lot!! The gentleman at the desk came over to check it our for us and couldn't get either to work. He said that's the way it is. I asked for a refund and we left for another hotel. Again he was very polite and didn't make a fuss over us leaving.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

My husband and I stayed in one of their jacuzzi rooms on a week day night. Check in was smooth, even though we couldn't understand the man behind the counter. After getting into the room we found dirt all over the bottom of the jacuzzi, a cockroach flailing on it's back (killed it and flushed it), dust all over the entertainment center, and someone's hoagie still in the fridge from a previous stay. We thought about checking out and finding somewhere else to stay, but it was late and we were tired. For the price I guess we expected too much by expecting it to be clean and roach free. I won't be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

I am a "Motel 6" kind of person - usually just like a very basic room that is inexpensive, so I can spend my money on other things. What I look for is a quiet, safe and clean room. The staff here was very understanding and friendly and put me in a room away from the road that was as quiet as possible. The hotel was well-lit and as a single traveler, I felt safe and relaxed. Cleanliness wasn't tops, but was adequate. The room had a refrigerator, which was useful. Decor was a tad above Motel 6, but that's not what I care about. All in all, if you are in search of a very basic room for an excellent price, this might be it. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
BEST WESTERN Garden State Inn
Relax Inn
Relax Inn
#6 of 18 in Galloway
3.5 of 5 stars 93 reviews

Been to Rodeway Inn Parkway? Share your experiences!