“Loved the seafood” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
vestal ny
“Loved the seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2010

My son used to go to Stockton College and when ever we went to visit him we would go to Skelley's. I thought he food was awesome and very generous. The atmosphere is like a neighborhood pub very casual and laid back. The waitresses were always hustling when we were there and normally so busy we never minded the wait. I am sad to say my son is no longer at Stockton so we don't get to Skelley's anymore but I often think of it because we loved the food.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Pennsylvania, USA
“Amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

Loved the food and the variety of the menu. My husband said it was the best chicken corn chowder soup he ever had. I love duck but I've never had this particular glaze before. It was incredible. Definitely a place to visit.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
galloway, new jersey
“Don't go for the service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2007

I have been to the Hi Point Pub three times over the past year and all three times the service was inadequate to say the least. One time we sat for 20 minutes before a server even approached us with menus and on another occassion I had to saunter over to the bar to get a drink myself only to be told that the bartender was outside smoking and to be patient. I must say that the portions are generous however the dining experience was dampened due to the lack of professionalism displayed by the food servers. Upon leaving the establishment a clearer picture emerged as to why the service is so bad as I witnessed a group of waitresses outside enjoying their cigarettes while the customers were inside waiting for their food.

Altoona, PA
“Go for the food, not the decor!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2006

This place doesn't look like much from the street, and in fact doesn't look like much when you walk in the door...but the service was friendly and the food was very good. Unlike the fancy eateries catering to the tourists, the Hi-Point Pub is populated with locals, who know where to go for good food at a good value.

Prime rib is featured on the menu, and several in our group opted for this carniverous standby. The meat was large, well-seasoned, not over-cooked and delicious. I also had their crab bisque as a soup appetizer. It is also delicious. It was too spicy for one friend who doesn't like spicy food, but the rest of us loved it. The seafood platter also looked good, with top-notch crabcakes containing huge chunks of crab meat.

If you are more interested in good food than decor, I can heartily recommend the Hi-Point Pub in Absecon.