“Bed Bugs” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Absecon
New York City, New York
“Bed Bugs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Booked for 3 days. The room they gave me had no working wifi or hard line. Was on phone with tech support for 2 hrs & no resolution. So I went to sleep; kept tossing & waking up. In the morning I found 9 bites on my body from bed bugs. Told hotel manager. Asked to get room changed. They finally said i would get a 10% discount. Turns out I got a $10 discount only!

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Turkish first
New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

We stayed here on a Wednesday night, since we had an early flight out of ACY the next morning, and stayed here again that Saturday night, since our flight was going to get in late. In both cases, we purchased king-sized rooms in advance through a promotion on the Choice website.
Our Wednesday night stay was fine, particularly since we only paid about $40 for the room. The room had a very strong odor, but we got used to it. Overall, the room was clean and looked well-maintained.
Saturday night was a different experience, and not only because the room cost more than $100. We were still on the first floor, but in an accessable room, which we did not need. The room had a whirlpool, but we were not going to be there long enough to use it. Our King bed was a queen bed, so I went to the front desk to complain and ask to be moved to a bigger room. The clerk explained that the bed was just a little more narrow than a king, so he said it would be fine for us. Pointing out that we paid for a king room in advance didn't do us any good.
Back in the room, we noticed there was no clock radio, and that the furniture in the room was really banged up. It wasn't until the next morning that we noticed there was no TV remote.
We tried to go to the breakfast, but it was in a very small area that was packed on a Sunday morning. We wound up going to Denny's instead.
I did point out the negative areas of this trip to the desk clerk as we were leaving, and he was going to have the GM contact us to discuss. They never did reach out to us...

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Hotel staff is very nice and accommodating; we had the King Suite with Jacuzzi, very nice room. The pool is kinda small, but very warm; compared to others this one is tropical. The only detractors were the shower, my Hubby is over 6 feet tall, the shower head would only reach to his armpit, so he had to lean over to wash and rinse his hair; the shower head was not great, one setting was on pins and needles! Using the business center is a little iffy, if the internet was working it was very slow and kept timing out and they may have a virus or malware. Overall the stay was enjoyable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Fayetteville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

After getting over the shock of hotel prices in Atlantic City, we decided to stay outside of town and just take a cab in. This hotel was just what we needed. The price was great. The hotel was clean. The front desk staff were great. And the beds were cozy. It was a $35 cab ride to the Boardwalk, but t was well worth the price and there were four of us to split it, so that was reasonable.
One piece of advise: the front desk called us a cab, and told us to call the same driver to come get us so we would not be overcharged for the return trip. Unfortunately, we didn't listen and just picked up a cab at the valet stand at one of the casinos. The cabbie was rude, he tried to charge us way more than we paid going, and even though we showed him the card with the hotel address on it, he tried to take us to a different Comfort Inn...and then was positively nasty when we made him take us to the right place. Lesson learned. Call the Absecon Taxi and listen to the advise from the front desk. They were great!!
Only real drawback: The continental breakfast is no more than a closet and if there are more than two or three folks there, you cant get close to the food. Go down the street to Dennys!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the pool if you don't like noise or the smell of chlorine.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Loveville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel on many different occasions. I thought I had rated it but I hadn't. I am going to rate on my last stay. I stayed oct 4-7 2013. I booked two rooms because my mom & grandmother were going to be with us. They don't have any handicap rooms with two queen beds & that is what I needed. So I reserved a king handicap room. When we got there the parking lot was empty. Plus three local sheriffs car which ended up being a crime at the hotel next door. The front door has two doors but only one of them opens. It has been broken for years & I know because of the previous stays. The first room we checked into had a weird odor. We couldn't decide exactly what is was because they tried to cover it up with deodorizer. They switched our room to a regular king room after I told them the only reason I needed the handicap room was for a walk in shower but they informed me they didn't have any rooms in the hotel that were walk in. Our second attempt at a room seemed good. The second room which was two queen beds was very cramped. It was hard for my grandmother to maneuver. I thought all would be ok but woke up the next two days with bites all over my legs. I later found out from my doctor they were chigger bites. The cleanliness of the hotel is horrible. The carpeting in the whole hotel is stained & I doubt it would come clean from a good scrubbing. The trash on the outside & in the hallways were not emptied on a daily basis. I made a complaint that the trash in the hallway needed to be emptied as did my mom & it stayed overflowed till Sunday. It was smelly & gross. The outside trash an was not emptied our whole trip & there was a bag of beer cans & trash left on the sidewalk that was never disposed of either. Not to mention the dead crabs, undies & other trash that were in the grassy area. The shower curtains had mold on them. In both of the rooms the bathroom door had holes in them that were covered up with a wooden color tape. An older gentleman on a walker fell coming in because he tripped on the bunched up rug at the door. I told them they should remove it because its a hazard they never did. Plus if you have handicap tags if you are not the first person to get there you will not have a handicap place because the owner parks his regular tagged vehicle in the handicap parking place. The family stays at the hotel so you will hear people stomping & running very late/early at night. The breakfast area is small & not the best. The juice, milk & water are in carafes & if not early they are warm. There is no spray provided for the waffle maker.
All in all the only nice thing I can say is the front desk staff was nice & greeted you. I hate giving bad reviews & try to find some nice things but I honestly can't. It's sad to see that this hotel has gone down hill this much since our stay in 2010. The hotel really needs some improvements done & have staff that appreciates having a job or soon they will be out of one.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any good rooms available. I would stay away from this hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Rochester, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

If I had not stayed in another Comfort Inn the night before, I might have thought this unit was typical, but it is not. I did not make the reservation. There on business, the host had made the reservation. The staff should have been pleased they were receiving 3x the rate paid by anyone who had booked online.
The desk personnel have an overblown sense of self. Rude does not begin to describe their behavior. If this was a well maintained unit they could afford to be brusk. However as the room itself had carpeting that was buckling and wallpaper separating at the seams - well - had I made the reservation and had it not been prepaid - I would have left.
My host was informed and this facility removed from their list.

Stayed October 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 night's breakfast was good but small area. Pool was small too didn't have time to swim to busy nice staff. I would stay again went to six flags and went to Atlantic city beach it was a hour from six flags and 15 min to the beach had a great time can't wait to do it again

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Comfort Inn Atlantic City/Absecon Area? Share your experiences!