“Very reasonable rate, got what I paid for, no frills.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Absecon
Happy Creek, VA
“Very reasonable rate, got what I paid for, no frills.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Stayed here for one night on a business trip. I chose this hotel due to the proximity to Pomona and Atlantic City, and based upon price/reviews. First off I have to say the $60 a night charge is extremely reasonable since most hotels in even rural areas at at least $100-$150 a night. I arrived and was checked in immediately. Once I made it to my room it was what I expected; basic room, clean, a bit of damage to the walls/fixtures; but it did have a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. The pillows are tiny but I had no trouble sleeping after the traffic laden drive from DC. I also could not connect to the hotel's wi fi but I had no trouble connecting to the wi fi from the neighboring hotel (????). I looked at the breakfast that they had to offer but come on now I'm in Jersey so where's the Greek owned diner?
Overall I would recommend this hotel due to the price and the fact that it was clean, but basic. If you want a spa, functional wi fi, or room service then fuhgetaboutit!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Turkish first
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

When I payed what I did for a room here, I expected it to be fairly dumpy. I was pleasantly surprised to find a pretty, newer, clean hotel. It's a great way to save money, as well to sleep in a quiet location near Atlantic City.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed at this hotel 2 years ago and had a wonderful experience. Decided to stay there April 19-21 and was quite dissatisified. The good: The staff is very nice. They are informative and try to make you feel welcome. The bad: First of all, our hotel room was in series need of repair. We had 2 chairs, one of which the seat section of a wooden chair was completely unattached from the chair. The carpet and lamp shades had all sorts of stains on them. In addition, the carpet had a huge sticky area, that we decided to just a napkin on because it was obvious that the carpet was never cleaned. The bathroom was gross. I guess the bathtub is a jacuzzi style one, but every "jet" looked like it had mold in it. The chaulking in the tub was moldy and black in spots as well. Along with that, the tub stopped (Drain plug) was black and mouldy on the underside. The faucet in the bathroom would only turn off in a certain way and didn't have anything but very cold water. We would never stay here again. Really disappointed how this place has fallen apart in only 2 years.

Room Tip: Do not pick room 212. It's gross.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Flushing, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

The staff was very helpful at both checkin and checkout. The rooms were typical of a Comfort INN....clean, quiet, a little old but priced right. I must say that one of the most important things when I stay at a hotel is not to smell any floral cleaning products. A hotel should simply be clean and not smell clean. This hotel did not smell at all. I would recommend to all.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Barnegat, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The Comfort Inn is a great place to stay. It is very clean and well taken care of. The people are VERY Helpful. During the storm "Sandy" they were very helpful getting us rooms for people who were displaced. I would highly recommend!. Donna C.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Morristown, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The only good thing I can say about this place is the friendly staff. We first booked King size but ended up with two queens. When we entered the room we were greeted by a musky smelling cleaning product, that's just the start. An hour or so after we arrived, well to be blunt the toilet didnt work correctly and started to overflow. My boyfriend was watching a movie on tv, out of the blue the cable went, ended up with just one channel and that wasn't the one the movie was on. We informed staff of these issues while we were heading out for the evening. When we arrived back to the room all i could smell was bleach and there was old rags under the bathroom sink, also the tv wasn't fixed. I woke up at 3am not feeling so good, I had taken an allergic reaction to something, obviously it was due to something in the room because when we left the swelling in my lips went down.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
The Villages, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Booked single night (9/27) via Choice Privileges for lowest rate king size bed at just under $50. Very helpful desk clerk allowed us to change to two queens for same rate although normally $10/night more. He also gave us a great recommendation for dining at Goodfellows which was just down the street. Will try to review that also.

This Comfort Inn is several miles up Route 30 from Atlantic City's boardwalk in Absecon. It is located on a concrete center divider highway. If you miss it heading northeast from downtown you will have to use one of the designated U-turns spaced about a mile apart. Beware that there are two Comfort Inns on Route 30 in Abescon. This one is about 5 miles further north than the one a bit closer to downtown. However both are a fairly long drive from the boardwalk.

Parking is free, located behind the hotel and feels secure. The lobby is smallish and the building itself is older and in need of some TLC. We noted the carpets both in the hallways and the room were grimy, stained and probably should be replaced. There is an indoor pool and fitness room, but we did not use either. They also provide a free breakfast but we missed that too.

Our room had all the expected amenities and the beds were comfortable. We had a flat screen TV in the room with plenty of channels. It was quiet and we both slept well. The bathroom was clean and the shower had good regulated water pressure. Beware the shower footing is a bit slippery and I found the shower head too low for my six foot frame.

Bottom line is the hotel is.dated, not in the best repair, a short drive away from any restaurants, but the price is reasonable and provides good value if you're looking for a place to stay without a pressing need to donate your wages on Atlantic City's casinos.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Atlantic City/Absecon Area? Share your experiences!