“Awesome vacation -- thanks Marriott!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott's Fairway Villas

You added Marriott's Fairway Villas to your Saves list
Marriott's Fairway Villas
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   500 East Fairway Lane, Galloway Twnshp, Absecon, NJ 08201   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Absecon
Boston, Massachusetts
“Awesome vacation -- thanks Marriott!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stayed here off season in March. It was cold, so we were not able to take advantage of the activities on site (bummer, golf was only $29 18/w cart then!) The rooms had been recently remodeled and they were beautiful. We took my parents, and it was very comfortable for four people. We had a fireplace, screened in back porch, fully equipped stainless steel kitchen and tons of other amenities. We were in a corner unit and it was very quiet. We just happened to be over at the guest area for a welcome night and enjoyed free wine, cheese and live music. We loved our visit and we hope to return! Very close to the casinos and nice restaurants.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Our entire stay was...well...odd. The marketing of the hotel led us to believe we would be staying at a golf resort with a high-end feel and matching room decor etc. Instead, the clientele was very much A.C. focused--families, some golf folks, but many people heading to A.C.--and the vibe was very middle of the road, not high-end...definitely not the feel you might have at Hotel Hershey, for example, or another truly luxury resort. Positives: the suites are very large, the kitchens were absolutely immaculate, and the suite's separate laundry area was a nice touch. Negatives: though the bedding was clean ( no stains) there was funny black stuff on it I had to brush off like crumbs at first, and every time after there was maid service (by the way, if you are looking for the Do Not Disturb, it's a magnet on the door). The cleaning staff worked hard, though--that was clear. Our towels and bedding were OK at first, but when changed on day 2, the towels smelled awful (I had left them hanging to NOT be changed, and they were anyway...myself and my child wrapped up in the "new" after showering and found they stunk to high Heaven. Ended up using beach towels I'd packed for another leg of the trip. After I took the trouble to wash our pool towels, which a sign said we had to maintain during our stay, they too were inexplicably switched (even though I'd left them clean and folded). Worst of all, on the last night of our stay, while my suite mate's side was fine, my bedroom developed a bad burning odor (my friend describes it as a carpet with a hot iron on it). They were doing some painting, and they had sprayed for bugs that day downstairs--don't know if either were responsible. When I called the front desk at 9:15 (after 10
minutes of then not picking up) they finally answered and said they could send up an "engineer" to check things out...w/two small kids, that wasn't so practical at bedtime. And frankly, I was surprised that they never once asked if we would like a new room. I ended up leaving with my sleepy kid, after opening a window didn't help (went to stay with family 45 minutes away). My suite mate stayed, only to have cleaning folks pound on the door at 10:30 insisting she'd missed checkout at 10 (we were verbally told more than once by other staff it was 11). She and her very young child were rushed out, and she ended up leaving behind a belonging (and got very little help in retrieving it when she called the hotel multiple times after our stay). Another note: don't let the pics fool you, the kids activity center is small, hard to find, and when we were there, pretty dirty (potting soil from a project the day before spilled all over), dirty tables, etc. The rooms are also very modern in style, unlike the pictures. I really wanted to give this place a great review, but he best summary I can give is to say on paper it looked great, and had some good elements, but too many quirks and misses for me to say honestly that we had a great time. It was like staying at a middle of the road condo complex with mediocre management. Better than most near AC choices for families, but not a place I'd go out of my way to visit again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Ryan N, Corporate Customer Care Mangaer at Marriott's Fairway Villas, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review. We are sorry we did not meet your expectations during your stay and will share your feedback regarding the towels and unusual smell with management at the resort. We would like to learn more about your issue and invite you to contact our customer care office at Customer.Care@Vacationclub.com or by calling 1-800-860-9384. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to hearing from you.
staten island, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This was my fifth stay at Marriott Fairway Villas and I'll be back again as soon as I can. The Villas are a perfect vacation spot. The suites have everything you need and are spotless on arrival. The grounds are beautifully maintained. The staff is friendly, helpful and always accommodating. It's my favorite place!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Aston, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I exchanged my Interval International week at the last minute and got confirmed for this resort last week, Two bedroom, update villa with a great swimming pool and onsite facilities. Was so hot we never left the pool. Went to Brigantine once. Had fun on 16th st beach, No restaurants on site but located on rt 9., just hop in the car and drive in either direction.

Found Oyster Creek Restaurant. Best seafood in quite a while.

Room Tip: Ask for a villa close to the pool. We were in "Eagle" section on first floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Ryan N, Corporate Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Fairway Villas, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you for your five-star review! We are delighted to hear you both enjoyed your stay at Marriott’s Fairway Villas! Your comments and tips are greatly appreciated and will be shared with the team. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon on your next trip to New Jersey!
marietta GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

This is for the most part a timeshare property that also rents like a hotel so it has huge amenties and activites - way beyond any normal hotel. i booked using a timeshare week but checked online - the rates are higher than a normal hotel but you get a lot for your money.

PROS
tons of stuff to do - acitivies all day everyday of the week, for both kids and adults
three pools - indoor, adults, and kids
game room, outdoor games, board games, all kinds of stuff for the kids tostay busy
little c-store on property not outrageously priced
very clean
HUGE rooms - bigger than a two bedroom apartment
nicely stocked kitchen and laundry
strong wifi signal
very secure - keys to enter each building
shuttle to golf course
golf practice range and greens on site
staff super freindly and nice
bussiness center free to use and print if needed

CONS
not very close to lots of stores or restaraunts
a walk between buildings - only a problem if you have trouble walking

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

My third time staying here and I knew better than to stay on any other floor but the top but my luck...non available. So another trip of listening to the 3 year old upstairs doing laps at a high rate of speed at 6am and toilets flushing and furniture being moved. My only complaint at this location is the insulation or lack of with the upper floors. Annoying.
On the good note....the villas are beautiful with two masters bedrooms with private baths (king in each room) and a nice comfortable living room with well appointed kitchen and large table for dining. The private screened in deck is also very nice. The unit was very clean and staff was very friendly. We used the pool at the Red Door spa area and it was nice even though the jacuzzi was closed for some reason. At night we would call the front desk and they would send a golf cart within 15 minutes to take us up to the restaurant and bar in the hotel. The restaurant at the hotel is average at best but is was convenient on nights we did not feel like traveling off the grounds. The hotel bar in the lobby was nice and the bartender very friendly.
I would book again but only if they guaranteed me the top floor where I can sleep past 6am on vacation.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the size of your villa and that the two king beds were accommodating. We are sorry the guests above your villa were noisy and that we were unable to accommodate your request of a top floor. Your feedback is important to us and will be shared with the appropriate managers. Thank you again for review and we hope we will see you again soon!
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

My family and I stayed here while the kids were out of school for spring break and we had an amazing time. It was pretty convenient for us since we only live 3 hours away. There were 9 of us ( myself, husband, & our 3 kids ages 15,9,5 and my sister in-law with her husband and their twins age 9) our villa was very spacious and never felt crowded at all. The whole resort had been under a huge renovation so everything is brand new and gorgeous very elegant and modern. The grounds are absolutely beautiful. The outdoor pool was still closed for the season (they open it memorial weekend) but they did have an indoor pool that was a really nice size. The red door spa is a nice plus you can use the facility without having any massage or anything as long as you're staying in the resort it's free to use. We didn't know that until our second to last day and i wished i knew since the spa has a nice size adult only jacuzzi, a sauna, & steam room. I did have a facial and it was perfection so relaxing. You get 20% off if you're staying in the resort. They also have tons of things and activities for the kids to do. There's a game room, arcade room, movie theater room, activity center, & a outdoor playground. There's a shop rite less than 5 min drive from the resort, there's also a cvs, huge liquor store, Dunkin donuts, & Starbucks in the same shopping complex so it's very convenient. They do have a market express in the resort but it's really small. Atlantic city is only a 10 min drive from the resort and it's supper easy to get there. We didn't use the golf course so I can't say anything about that. The staff is always very friendly and helpful. I really don't have anything negative to say about this resort other than I wish it had a restaurant open all year round, the only restaurant they have in the resort was the bar by the outdoor pool which was also closed for the winter, but it wasn't a deal breaker. Oh and they do have a small juice bar that sells sandwiches, salad, coffee & drinks by the spa but it's only open until 2pm. They have a nice size gym with good equipment. I would definitely recommend this place to friends and family and we would definitely come back to this resort, especially in the summer months so we can enjoy the outdoor pool.

Stayed April 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Port-O-Call Hotel
Caesars Atlantic City
Caesars Atlantic City
#2 of 57 in Atlantic City
4.0 of 5 stars 3,898 reviews

Been to Marriott's Fairway Villas? Share your experiences!