“excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott's Fairway Villas

You added Marriott's Fairway Villas to your Saves list
Marriott's Fairway Villas
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   500 East Fairway Lane, Galloway Twnshp, Absecon, NJ 08201   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
marietta GA
“excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

This is for the most part a timeshare property that also rents like a hotel so it has huge amenties and activites - way beyond any normal hotel. i booked using a timeshare week but checked online - the rates are higher than a normal hotel but you get a lot for your money.

PROS
tons of stuff to do - acitivies all day everyday of the week, for both kids and adults
three pools - indoor, adults, and kids
game room, outdoor games, board games, all kinds of stuff for the kids tostay busy
little c-store on property not outrageously priced
very clean
HUGE rooms - bigger than a two bedroom apartment
nicely stocked kitchen and laundry
strong wifi signal
very secure - keys to enter each building
shuttle to golf course
golf practice range and greens on site
staff super freindly and nice
bussiness center free to use and print if needed

CONS
not very close to lots of stores or restaraunts
a walk between buildings - only a problem if you have trouble walking

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

My third time staying here and I knew better than to stay on any other floor but the top but my luck...non available. So another trip of listening to the 3 year old upstairs doing laps at a high rate of speed at 6am and toilets flushing and furniture being moved. My only complaint at this location is the insulation or lack of with the upper floors. Annoying.
On the good note....the villas are beautiful with two masters bedrooms with private baths (king in each room) and a nice comfortable living room with well appointed kitchen and large table for dining. The private screened in deck is also very nice. The unit was very clean and staff was very friendly. We used the pool at the Red Door spa area and it was nice even though the jacuzzi was closed for some reason. At night we would call the front desk and they would send a golf cart within 15 minutes to take us up to the restaurant and bar in the hotel. The restaurant at the hotel is average at best but is was convenient on nights we did not feel like traveling off the grounds. The hotel bar in the lobby was nice and the bartender very friendly.
I would book again but only if they guaranteed me the top floor where I can sleep past 6am on vacation.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ryan N, Corporate Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Fairway Villas, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the size of your villa and that the two king beds were accommodating. We are sorry the guests above your villa were noisy and that we were unable to accommodate your request of a top floor. Your feedback is important to us and will be shared with the appropriate managers. Thank you again for review and we hope we will see you again soon!
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

My family and I stayed here while the kids were out of school for spring break and we had an amazing time. It was pretty convenient for us since we only live 3 hours away. There were 9 of us ( myself, husband, & our 3 kids ages 15,9,5 and my sister in-law with her husband and their twins age 9) our villa was very spacious and never felt crowded at all. The whole resort had been under a huge renovation so everything is brand new and gorgeous very elegant and modern. The grounds are absolutely beautiful. The outdoor pool was still closed for the season (they open it memorial weekend) but they did have an indoor pool that was a really nice size. The red door spa is a nice plus you can use the facility without having any massage or anything as long as you're staying in the resort it's free to use. We didn't know that until our second to last day and i wished i knew since the spa has a nice size adult only jacuzzi, a sauna, & steam room. I did have a facial and it was perfection so relaxing. You get 20% off if you're staying in the resort. They also have tons of things and activities for the kids to do. There's a game room, arcade room, movie theater room, activity center, & a outdoor playground. There's a shop rite less than 5 min drive from the resort, there's also a cvs, huge liquor store, Dunkin donuts, & Starbucks in the same shopping complex so it's very convenient. They do have a market express in the resort but it's really small. Atlantic city is only a 10 min drive from the resort and it's supper easy to get there. We didn't use the golf course so I can't say anything about that. The staff is always very friendly and helpful. I really don't have anything negative to say about this resort other than I wish it had a restaurant open all year round, the only restaurant they have in the resort was the bar by the outdoor pool which was also closed for the winter, but it wasn't a deal breaker. Oh and they do have a small juice bar that sells sandwiches, salad, coffee & drinks by the spa but it's only open until 2pm. They have a nice size gym with good equipment. I would definitely recommend this place to friends and family and we would definitely come back to this resort, especially in the summer months so we can enjoy the outdoor pool.

Stayed April 2014
Halifax, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I paid 139 for my villa nightly. It included a hit tub, two bedrooms, sleeper sofa, 3 flat panel televisions and everything you needed to cook in a fully appointed kitchen. Lots to do including golf, bocce ball, pools, movies and much more . Immaculate and clean . Can't wait to go back

• Stayed April 2014
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The hotel was clean and up to date. I always ask for extra towels and within a matter of minutes I was handed towels. I travel a lot and expect to stay in a place as nice as my home or better. I can't complain about much. I would suggest this hotel and would stay again if I'm ever in the area again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Freehold, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I stayed during the third week of May on a golf vacation and we had perfect weather. This is an excellent resort for a variety of reasons. They offer a nice choice of childrens activities all managed by the resort's very good and friendly staff. I believe Fairway Villas also offers many benefits for adults.
The villas are really nice two bedroom, two bath units, each with a full kitchen, dining area and living room. Pleanty of room for a family of up to 8 with children. And, of course, the Marriott beds are perfect for a good nights sleep.
Amenities for adults really shine. The property is co-located with two championship courses, one of which hosts the LPGA Shoprite Classic each Spring.There is also an Elizebeth Arden Red Door Spa on the grounds, a perfect way to pamper. Local restaurants are plentiful and commercial shopping area on Route 30 provides everything you need for your week. As a big added bonus you are just 15 minutes drive from the beaches, casinos and entertainment of Atlantic City. A believe this location contributes to the 5 star rating of the resort.
I highly reccomend Fairway Villas for families, couples and friends.

Room Tip: High floor provides quiet beautiful views.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Took a short trip down the GSP for a Spring Break getaway with my daughters (age 9) and we had a blast. The Villas are recently renovated and look lovely. The layout is perfect for a family with a master bedroom with spa tub and a second bedroom for the kids. The kitchen is well appointed to cook a full meal or snack when the kids need a blood sugar boost.

The indoor pool area was very clean and they had so much fun swimming. We took advantage of hitting the gym in the morning and found it spotless with elliptical, treadmills and bicycles to use. The resort offers a listing of activities for various age groups throughout the day.

Have stayed at the Borgata and Ceasars in the past and much prefer the rustic setting of the Fairway Villas. The casinos are an easy 15 minute drive down the White Horse Pike.

We had the opportunity to golf on the Stockton Seaview Pines Course and it was spectacular. They offered a very reasonable "family golf" rate which included 9 holes and a cart. The girls had a blast playing golf and even more fun riding around in the cart. The golf range is adjacent to the Fairway Villas and we had a good practice session there.

The front desk staff and all the associates we encountered were informative and friendly. I don't think I will return to the Borgata or casinos for family outings in the future. The Fairway Villas are perfect for a vacation close to home.

(Don't miss eating at the White House Sub Shop Arctic ave, Chef Volas, and the Knife and Fork Inn)

Room Tip: Breakers Building Third Floor End Unit overlooks Pine Course
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Marriott's Fairway Villas? Share your experiences!