“Marriott Seaview Resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott's Fairway Villas

Save Saved
You added Marriott's Fairway Villas to your Saves list
Marriott's Fairway Villas
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   500 East Fairway Lane, Galloway Twnshp, Absecon, NJ 08201   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Rewards Members Save 25%
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Absecon
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Marriott Seaview Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

This is our home resort and we have not stayed here in a while. This resort is very, very nice. The desk staff was friendly, efficient and helpful. The two-bedroom was very clean as we have always found with Marriott. There were activities for the kids and even a few for adults. We missed the owner reception so I can't comment on this. Atlantic City is close by and we also went to the Historic Smithville a few mins away. Just don't go when it's hot like we did! They could really use a second pool and the food at the beach snack bar was sort of expensive for sandwhich fare. I also didn't like that they let our kids sign, and sign, and sign, for food until we realized what was going on. All around a good vacation. Suggest you take plenty of videos and games in case it rains and so you don't have to rent videos. Though there are supermarkets close by where you can rent Red Box for a buck rather than the $4 at the resort.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Springfield, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We just returned from a week stay at Fairway Villas. The resort is very well kept as are all Mariott properties however the chairs and sofa in the the living room are very uncomfortable. While there are many activities at the resort if you want to do anything else you must drive 20 - 30 minutes to get to anything. IT didn't seem to have the same "resort" feeling that you get from some of the other properties.
Request a top floor room because if you don't you will hear everything that goes on above you. It was very noisy when our upstairs neighbors got up in the morning. The pool was nice but it was very very crowded! There were screaming kids everywhere. We headed to the mineral pool by the spa and it was a little better but very crowded and it was difficult to find a chair if you wanted to sit in the sun.
If you are vacationing as a family with children this might be a good spot but if you are looking to kick back and relax and not have to drive all over the place this is not the place for you.
We did enjoy our trips to the boardwalks in Seaside Heights and Ocean City, NJ. The beaches there were outstanding and the boardwalk was fun for people watching and shopping for funny t-shirts.

Room Tip: Request 3rd floor or you will hear your upstairs neighbors.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

My husband and I own timeshare at Marriott's Fairway Villas and decided to go there after not having visited in three years or so. Unlike the other Marriott properties we've visited in Florida, Fairway Villas did not send an email a few weeks in advance to invite us to select unit preferences and activities. I felt that was so strange that I checked my confirmation a few times to ensure my check in date was correct.

On turning into the resort, I was immediately struck by how subdued the energy was (versus Florida). There were lots of cars parked in the lots, but not many guests around. At the registration desk, when I asked for the most updated unit, the guest service rep replied that all of the units were the same. I asked for a top floor unit so that we wouldn't have to deal with hearing heavy footsteps above our heads, but none was available and so we were assigned a ground floor unit in The Breakers building.

As we walked down the hall in The Breakers building to our 2-bedroom unit, I noticed a tiny piece of wallpaper that had come undone and an awful carpet stain across from my assigned unit. I wondered why they had not taken care of these issues. Maintenance and Housekeeping had to have seen it on their rounds.

Our assigned unit had a great, fresh clean smell. It appeared much more spacious than the Florida units I've been in due in large part to the layout. The kitchen and dining area is open while other units in Florida tend to section off the kitchen from the dining area. I was very impressed with the 2nd bedroom which was also larger than most I've seen. And except for a carpet stain in the master bedroom and a loose shower cover plate, everything in the unit was fine and in order. We did have noisy neighbors above our heads, but it wasn't something we were willing to complain about and risk offending them.

Instead of a full-service Marketplace, they have a Marketplace Express which is literally a tiny room with candy, snacks and beverages. The lack of the full-service Marketplace is definitely a minus. Something just seems amiss without it.

This place is great for couples and for visiting all year round. It's close to the casinos and has good shopping. Although there are lots of onsite activities for all ages, I believe my kids would've been bored half to death. Like I said, the energy is low-key and the resort is located in an area that caters to an older population.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Moscow, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Just returned from a weekend stay at the Marriott Seaview Villas. We try to come every year. Rooms were very clean and neat. There are great activities for the kids and many are complimentary. All said, you can have a very relaxing vacation when you stay here. Wish that there were more dining options at the hotel next door. Not sure what's happening there. Anyhow, you can still have a great time with many other restaurants in the area.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Although not on the beach, this very nice resort offers golf, pools, spa and close proximity to the best beaches at the Jersey Shore. And if gambling is your thing, Atlantic City is 10 minutes away. But it is the relaxing woodlike setting that gives this resort a relaxing family atmoshere.

• Stayed July 2012
Aliso Viejo, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The night before we were to check in we got a call that the resort did not have electricity. They were expecting electricity to be back in 5 days. So we would not have electricity the entire time we would be there (summer time). We told them to cancel our reservation but they said they could not and to call the next day. I did alert them we were coming from California and will not be able to reach the till 3 pm ( time of check in). I tried to call several Marriott customer service and tried to cancel online but I couldn't. Upon arrival in New Jersey, we called and they said they still didn't have electricity and they will compensate us but to give them time since there are many guests they have to work with. I have not heard back for anyone and it is almost a month. I have tried calling marriott and this resort but have had my calls transferred. I was told I should have gotten insurance. I have paid so any fees being a marriot vacation club owner, and paid more for their new point system and they want more fees for unforeseen events.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
MVCI_Executive, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott's Fairway Villas, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
We're sorry to hear about your experience at Marriott's Fairway Villas. Marriott Vacation Club does offer travel insurance through a third-party insurer. As a result we cannot self-insurer against potential loss or vacation interuption. If you would like to discuss your specific situation with a member of our customer care team, please contact us at 800 860-9384 or via email at customer.care@vacationclub.com.
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Staying at this property while writing this review. Overall, I'm very pleased with it. Living quarters are quite nice. Only one bed in 2nd bedroom vs. normal 2 bed set-up, but that's not a huge deal. There is a pull out couch in there along with a queen bed, so you can still sleep 8 if need be. The pool area is quite nice. I'm here with kids so I don't get to take advantage of adult only pool (a nice option for those traveling without kids). There's a decent sized indoor pool as well, along with perhaps the best fitness center I've ever seen at a timeshare location. There's a Red Door Spa as for those interested, nice juice bar. Finally, the resort is attached to the Seaview Golf property. My son played yesterday for a great junior rate of $29. Shuttle service to the course makes life very easy. Tennis courts are here as well. If there's a quibble I guess it's that you're kind of at the Jersey Shore but not really. To get to a beach means a 15-20 minute drive where you can pay to go on one of the many public beaches in NJ. Brigantine is probably the closest. But we drove the 20 20-25 minutes into Ocean City, NJ last night and had a blast at the very family friendly boardwalk. Atlantic City casinos are very nearby if that's your thing. I'll keep this timeshare on the list for a possible revisit down the line.

Room Tip: Eagle or Congressional buildings put you closer to the pool, spa and resort center.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Marriott's Fairway Villas? Share your experiences!