“Lovely surprise in New Jersey!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott's Fairway Villas

You added Marriott's Fairway Villas to your Saves list
Marriott's Fairway Villas
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   500 East Fairway Lane, Galloway Twnshp, Absecon, NJ 08201   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi For Members
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Absecon
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Lovely surprise in New Jersey!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

My husband and I have stayed twice at the Marriott's Fairway Villas. This property is close to historic, quaint Smithville--just north from the Villas--and not far from the famous Atlantic City Boardwalk, where you can enjoy the casinos, restaurants, and shows there. The two-bedroom options we enjoyed both times we stayed at the Fairway Villas were well appointed, comfortable, and spacious. The staff was welcoming and while we didn't take part in the golfing opportunities, they abound in the area. We recommend this place!

Room Tip: We have been in two-bedroom villas and loved them both. We like higher floors as we find them quie...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Chris B

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

My family and I went on vacation here for a week! I was a little worried when I saw the old history of the town but after turning into the Marriott I knew I was someplace special. The service was great, the room was gorgeous although we could never regulate the temperature to reflect in the bedrooms. The washer/dryer in the unit makes it so convenient not to be bothered by housekeeping. They provided everything we needed so that we didn't see housekeeping ever! The wait staff brought down extra towels, cleaning supplies and toiletries as needed and we were never bothered by staff, phone calls or annoying bills/receipts underneath our door. We stayed in the Breakers Unit and I couldn't have been happier. The whirlpool tub was wonderful and the separate shower had plenty of room for two! I loved the fact that everything was provided for us.

The fitness room was extremely small! Almost like being inside of a walk in closet! with only 4 walking machines and a few cross training weight equipment I was disappointed with their presentation of a weight room. For all the money that this place appears to exhibit the weight room is a poor example.

The theater room and activities for the kids were okay. The people that they brought in to do the activities rushed the kids through things a little too fast I think. My kids went to the Bocce Ball contest which they fully enjoyed and then went to the post card making. The whole post card activity was over in 15 minutes and the lady was packing up to leave! The other thing I did not enjoy was the ice cream social. It was $4 per person and they only got one scoop of ice cream and a few toppings and that was it!!! For $4 I would have fared better at McDonald's sundaes as the kids were told to pay for 2nd's!!!!

Other than those minor things, you'll fully enjoy yourself and the privacy!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Breaker's building which let out to the view of the mini woods and trail paths...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tatocakes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

This place is beautiful. I took my fiancee there for a night of relaxation. Here is the place you would want to be. The rooms are nice. The services is great. The price is even better. I will be bringing my kids next time we come. There are alot of activities for them also.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Sincerelyyours09
Greenwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I was looking for a place to get away for a few days with the family during the kids spring break, and what a find this place is! It was everything we needed - some really nice downtime, with space to spread out in the lovely villas (so nicely appointed), fun activities around the resort and an easy drive to Cape May and Atlantic City. I can't say enough nice things about the staff at the front desk and running the activities, especially Louise, the concierge - so helpful and truly friendly. Our villa was perfect for our family of four, the kitchen has everything you could need (but the food! although there is a Wawa market very near by and bigger supermarkets not far away). We lucked out on the weather, it was nice enough to sit outside in the sun and walk back and forth from the pool and activities in flip flops and shorts! We really want to go back soon.

Some helpful hints, also shared by others here: if your kids are into the pool, request a room close to the pool, some villas are farther away but in nice weather that would be OK. The kitchen has every kind of appliance and tool I wanted for our short stay and we did bring food but forgot stuff like salt and pepper and pan spray; they do have some items for sale in the shop at reception but we just didn't bother, we made do. It was great to be able to heat up leftovers the next day for lunch!

Best features: the really big villa, the very relaxing yoga class with an excellent teacher, the super staff and the lack of crowds, which I'm sure is just seasonal.

We lucked out with exceptional weather for March, but even in colder weather this would be a fun getaway.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank WorkingMom41
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

This is a suite/efficiency style facility situated on a golf course. Very peaceful. Good location for day trips to Smithville and Atlantic City.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

For less than half the price of a casino room, we got a 2-bedroom,2-bath, full kitchen, whirlpool tub villa in nearby Galloway. The rooms were beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean, and the beds and pillows were supremely comfortable. A real gem! We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed February 2012
5 Thank GHartley
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

We have stayed at this property several times over the past few years. As others have stated : the villa provides large bedrooms , living room, and kitchen. It is a great value-especially if you dont like being in one room when on vacation. The rooms are very clean, staff friendly, and the spa on property is a plus. Having the kitchen has its advantages and disadvantages- it feels like home - which can be good, but then I cook and clean more than I would if i was in a regular hotel room! Howver it is well equiped. Another downside to not being in a "hotel" is not being able to go "downstairs" to the resturant for breakfast. If a "villa" type space is what you are looking for-I would absolutly recommend this place. The grounds are also well maintained and great for walking/running.

Room Tip: I prefer top floor so there arent people walking above.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Caesars Atlantic City
#2 of 52 in Atlantic City
4.0 of 5 stars 5,183 reviews
BEST WESTERN Garden State Inn

Been to Marriott's Fairway Villas? Share your experiences!