“The worst experience ever” 1 of 5 stars

Red Carpet Inn Absecon
206 East White Horse Pike, Absecon, NJ 08201   |
Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Absecon
Holland, PA
“The worst experience ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed at this motel (if you want to call it that) on Friday 8/10 and Saturday 8/11. The room was dirty and smelled awful. There was a ton of stains on the beds and the tub was rusted. It was an absolute disgrace. The owner was very unfriendly. I was promised a contential breakfast and received absolutely nothing. The owner didn't live up to his end of the contract by not providing the breakfast. The owner also turned off the AC while I was out of the room and it was 200 degrees when I got back in there. I paid for two nights and the AC should have been kept on. I've reported this establishment to the BBB and it was not the first complaint they have received. Hopefully they are close to being shut down. I would rather sleep in my vehicle than stay here. Horrendous experience.

Room Tip: If you are staying in Absecon, do not stay here! My whole body was biten from bed bugs.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Scullville, New Jersey, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Yesterday, I stopped by Red Carpet Inn around 12:00PM and they told me the lowest rate was $90. We came back at 1:00PM and they said they said it was $127 now. We decided to go for it because the power is out in most parts of Egg Harbor Township and my girlfriend can't sleep without an air conditioner on. The Indian (not Native American) told us we would be able to get the following night for $45 so we went for it.

We were able to sleep most of the afternoon even though the TV could barely drown out the noise of all the loud cars driving up and down The White Horse Pike which was located directly in front of our room. My girlfriend didn't start freaking out until she had a giant roach crawl on her when she was sitting on the toilet to urinate. We called downstairs. The Indian guy would not let us switch rooms. He definitely did not offer our money back either!!

I woke up this morning to a text message from my mom informing me that the power at home has still not come on yet (there was a big storm Saturday morning shortly after midnight that knocked over trees and power lines). I went down to the office to get our bug infested room again for $45, but they told me that he had never offered no such thing. He said he offered us to come in on Monday for $45, not Sunday and I must be confused. He also said, "I can get $40 more for that room today, I don't care."

I am very upset now. Check out time is less then an hour away and I fear I will probably be stuck at my home with no power and/or AC because we don't have what he wants for the room today.

Room Tip: Don't take a room near the road!! You'll be hearing cars go by 24/7!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Shirley, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I stayed here on a bachelor weekend in May 2012 for one night and couldn't be happier that we didn't stay any longer. While the reception staff was friendly and the location was reasonably close to Atlantic City, those are the only two postive things I can say about the place.

I'm OK if a hotel (especially a cheap one for a quick getaway) is a bit shabby, but this went a step further. I mean, yes, it was shabby, but our bath fixture was broken--leaving me with a nasty cut in a futile attempt to regulate the water temperature--the walls were stained, the mattress was uncomfortable and tattered, & our buddies' room didn't have locks that worked (instead there were cracks in the doorframe where someone clearly forced an entry). Being a group of guys we were able to deal for one night but if we had brought our wives (or a black light) I'm certain we would have taken one look and moved on in search of alternate lodging.

It's not my MO to trash a place, but in the case of the Red Carpet Inn, Absecon, it would seem someone quite literally beat me to it. In my opinion you'd be better off most anywhere lese.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Laval, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

We stop on the way to Atlantic City because our booking in A/C wasx for the following day. The person at the desk was very pleasant and told us to visit the freshly renovated room before we rent. To our suprise the room was exactly as he described so we rent it for the night. Bed shets had oa few stains and burns but the semlled like they were freshly washed. The carpet har one burned spot but was clean. So we found that we had a good deal for $35.00. To our surprise, we were awakened around 2 by people walking in their room on second flor because the floor made a terrible cracking noise and we could hear the noise also coming from other rooms. Second surprise, when somebody open the water either to flush the toilet or to open the faucets, you ear the water running in the pipes in this even from the far rooms, so be prepare to be disturb by noise every 15 minutes because peoples walks in & out probably because they come and go to casinos. To bad because it seems like the manager (maybe he was the owner the way he was talking to us) does everything to satisfy you.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Long Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2008

There was blood on the sheets, holes in the blankets, fire alarm on ceiling busted, no phone it was not usable, urine stains on bedspread, webs & spiders on ceiling, rusted tub, dirty floor, rugs, doors with stains, fauset in tub never cleaned, along with the tub. I took plenty of pictures. Reported this matter to the Dep. board of health. And they went right away. Neadless to say when I left he destroyed all evedence. I HAVE PICTURES. HE CAN'T DESTROY THAT. AND American Express has them too!. SHAM..SHAME ON HIM FOR RUNNING THIS HOTEL TO THE GROUND. DISCUSTING. THANK GOD I HAD MY OWN SHEETS AND BLANKET...I SHOULD OF SLEPTED IN MY CAR.

• Liked — nothing it was discusting
  • Disliked — very dirty and does not clean hotel. hotel is runned down.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ithaca, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2002

The guy who runs this place is a total slimeball. He twice confirmed my reservation at a rate of $47.50 for the night. When my companion and I arrived to check-in, he became angry, insisted that we were lying, and told us that his rooms were $89 a night and if we didn't like it we could go somewhere else. We did, and I hope you do too!

Been to Red Carpet Inn Absecon? Share your experiences!