“Nice Hotel, Little loud, staff not so friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Absecon
New castle
“Nice Hotel, Little loud, staff not so friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

To start off rooms were very clean didn't even see any dust. We were on second floor and people overtop of us were very loud. The walls are thin. The breakfast lady was not so friendly. I asked for Togo box and she act like it was a problem and told me they may have some at front desk. I told her never mind. The second day at breakfast you could here her in the back yelling to someone that she was not cooking more breakfast just very loud. It seems as if she was unhappy no smiles no good mornings to anyone and that was both days. The Breakfast selection could be better also. When I checked out the breakfast lady checked me out and it was no hope you come again, she never asked did I enjoy my stay. It was you checking out and that's it. The last thing is the hotel needs to be more kid friendly. My one year old almost hit her head several times on the metal furniture. My 13yr old was bored in the hotel. There is no games to keep kids occupied. Other than that the stay was good.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

I had a wonderful stay but management needs to send employees to hospitality school. Very short and somewhat rude. Lady from breakfast staff screaming from one side to another with a another employee from the front desk like if they were home unprofessional. Not friendly you had to say good morning to them not very welcoming.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Toms River, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We choose this hotel because it was fairly convenient for our short gate away , the staff was extremely friendly specially "VICKI " at the front desk , room was extremely clean , pool is very nice size with a decent hot tub . We booked a king bed room with a jacuzzi which was a plus , a lot of breakfast varieties that can satisfy your needs , 10 min away from the atlantic city area . We will definitely be back to this hotel when we visit this area

Room Tip: Stay in first floor room , elevator is a bit slow and out dated
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Schenectady, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Stayed here one night for an early meeting at the ANG Base at the Atlantic City Airport. Room was large and comfortable. Quiet with the exception of some teen/tween kids in the hallway, but didn't hear them after 930 or so. Slept great which is unusual for me in a hotel (although I usually do sleep good at HIE's). Pool, Jacuzzi and exercise room looked inviting but I did not partake. Breakfast buffet was very adequate and well taken care of by the attendant. I will likely be doing some work at the ANG Base and hope to be able to stay here...assuming it doesn't sell out before I make my reservations.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We chose this hotel because it was fairly convenient for the 50th wedding anniversary party we were attending. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and functional. It was the 4th July holiday weekend so the hotel was completely full. As a result, we found the breakfast area very crowded and cramped and the offerings just so so.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Mike G,

We strive to provide excellent service to our guests and your comments are very much appreciated. It is pleasant to know you found our hotel location and rooms convenient for your needs. However, I am deeply sorry for the quality of service you received at the breakfast area. Please be assured that we do take all feedback and suggestions seriously, and we will look into them accordingly.

Again, thank you for your valuable feedback. We hope you give us the opportunity to regain your confidence by providing the level of quality service that you expect on your next visit

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Hotel was clean and had everything you need for a quick overnight stay. Hot breakfast was fair, but had a good selection and it's free. Only small complaint would be that the elevator was kind of scary. It sounded like the rats in the wheel operating the elevator were dying soon.

Stayed July 2014
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

They REALLY took this location to the next level,
- Nice Pool (Clean, roomy, and tepid) Right next to the Hot Tub, BTW.
- Great Gym, right down the hall from the pool.
- Clean and surprisingly fashionably appointed Rooms, with Bells and Whitles I would not have expected from a Holiday Inn.
- Friendly desk staff (Recommended me to sign up for the rewards, but did not PUSH the rewards Holiday Inn credit card)
- Lastly, A DAMN, GOOD, RESTAURANT STYLE, FREE, BREAKFAST!!! I mean Goooooooooooooooood. I mean the Cinnamon Buns were so good, I thought they went out to a Cinn-a-Bon the night before and smuggled them into the hotel that morning. They were so Good , that I asked the Breakfast server, to see the damn box they came in. The entire breakfast (eggs & hashbrowns and all) was so good, that I actually would pay them to do a "I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express commercial".

Room Tip: not on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area? Share your experiences!