“Avoid at all cost!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 24 hotels in Absecon
ky
“Avoid at all cost!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Charged my credit card $218 for $55 room, rats in ceiling, no heat, no internet,DIRTY, rat feces fell into our drinking cups while we were sleeping. Still trying to recoup my money, also got pneumonia from staying here, owners are crooks.Do not stay here,avoid this place at any cost!

Room Tip: no rooms have internet
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

7 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This hotel was only $74.95 for the night. 5 minutes from AC. However, the sheets were FITHLY. Full of stains & hairs as if they were never changed. The bathroom was scary. And the bottoms of the chairs were covered in cobwebs because they never got cleaned. never again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

It was a spur of the moment Atlantic city trip (group of 4) and we were tired to drive back NYC so we wanted an affordable place to stay, so we googled motels near the casinos..The drive was a short distance only a few miles price was $50 for the night. It seemed good, It's one of those you get what you pay for places. Outside looks like one of those movie motels where those that want to hide out & get their hooker or murder someone..No fancy decor, old 50s green rusty looking bathroom. I didn't shower I didn't have time, I woke up at checkout time but I wouldn't have anyway my shower looked dirty and cramped. My friend did she said it was fine. The room had thin cheap blankets (I checked for stains, cigarette burns and bed bugs didn't see any so I was okay to sleep for the most part) TV hard to get working but was able to. The room had a fridge however so that was good...The main complaint all of us had was that it was FREEZING. I was shivering even under the blankets for some time. My boyfriend turned up the thermostat up, it was at it's highest and complained to front desk. They told him no one wants heat during this time and didn't do anything. All four of us were freezing due to the rainy weather. Their customer service not so good. My boyfriend's friend said he was so cold and disgusted he was considering sleeping in the car or driving back home and paying my boyfriend the $ he paid for the room. Eventually with some snuggling I fell asleep but I don't think any of us will return to Taffy Motel again. I know I won't. It was a shame I forgot to take pics but it's one of those places you just want to get out of once you're in.

• Stayed May 2013
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

worst experience ever. i took one look at the room and wanted to leave, so i did. I demanded a cash refund because i paid in cash, they refused so i called the cops. The cops managed to get me half the cash back $35 and told me to leave ASAP as per their reputation w cops. A week later they charged my credit card the full $70 and emailed priceline that i was a NOSHOW, and they were allowed to charge my credit card the fee. Crooks, liars, def should be shut down!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Setauket, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

high priced,, everything was old,,out dated, can hear next room, drunks up all night,,,don't plan on getting sleep and complaining to office, she didn't care just about getting remote back...only good thing was pretty close to ac like 8 miles...

Room Tip: better off sleeping in car....
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Wynnewood, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

when we returned to our room after seeing a House of Blues concert, we found not only crickets on the bathroom floor, but on top of our beds as well. Needless to say, we decided not to stay. Initially, we thought the room was okay even though there was left over food on the drink tray. We weren't able to rouse the management when we left.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Absecon, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

Where do I start. The room stinks of mold. The dropped ceiling is moldy and what it hides is solidly black with mold, most likely highly toxic stachybotris. The carpet is nasty. I stopped walking barefoot because my feet got black. The toilet keeps not flushing and they didn't fix it until I put a picture up on the internet. The handle to the cold water faucet in the shower keeps falling off. The only reason they fix it is because they know I'll put a picture up on the internet. They don't change the sheets. They don't clean the room. The electricity to the heavy duty circuit is off so I have one 15 Amp circuit. I had to buy my own heater and an exhaust fan so I wouldn't asphyxiate from the mold. It isn't near anything and there's no public transportation near by. It's a filthy disgusting welfare motel dump!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

Been to Taffy Motel? Share your experiences!