“Our 4th Year Here and Still Impressed” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Absecon
GreenLeadersGold level
Hudson River Valley, New York
“Our 4th Year Here and Still Impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Pleased as usual with this hotel! First of all, it's a great location. It's about 15 mins from Atlantic City and about 25 mins from Ocean City. This is a great alternative to the $$$ you'd spend on an AC or OC hotel/motel. It's also 5 minutes away from various stores, like CVS, Rite Aid, a dollar store, a supermarket, and a variety of fast food places.

The manager, Sandra, was pleasant and welcoming as always. From what I've seen, she's efficient and takes great care of the place and its patrons. The entire place is clean and tidy. From the parking lot, through the lobby and breakfast area, to the pool room, and gazebo area, it smells, looks and feels clean and well taken care of.

Our room on the third floor smelled fresh and everything in it was spotless. We were right across from the elevator and ice machine, but neither of those were loud enough to disturb us. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The AC worked great, as did the fridge and microwave.

As far as breakfast goes, the earlier, the better. It can get very crowded. The continental breakfast is okay, including bagels, muffins, danishes, cereals, and a waffle machine. Drinks are coffee, tea, and juices. Sandra is around, making sure the area is running smoothly and that counters and kept clear and clean.

I'm definitely a satisfied customer. I'm always happy when, upon check out, I can gladly say to Sandra, "See you next summer!"

Green Features: I like the fact that you can choose to not have your bedding and towels changed every day!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

4th of july and Atlantic City was almost sold out. The rooms remaining on the strip were very very expensive. I looked in the area of Clarion but ddnt like the reviews of neighboring hotels. And the Clarion ddnt have good pics online. They really should change their headline pic because it looks like there is not a lobby. An no one likes staying in hotel/motel without lobby for obvious reasons.
Well, when we arrived late, we were greeted happily by the front desk person. She welcomed us and asked abt our trip. We asked a question abt downtown and she gave quality answer. And when we returned at 3am from the strip, the night person was also friendly. And the next morning, the breakfast was very busy. But the manager whom we saw the prev day was picking up the slack and handling minor emergencies. She was dynamic. I think she was from Jamaica. My only pseudo complaint was the the breakfast area was tiny and people were stepping over each other. However, this seemed to increase the camaraderie amongst each other. And someone even gave me their personal seat to use and he insisted on standing!
Anyway, rooms were clean. And the bathroom was updated...new counter, designer sink. And admittedly I had a sigh of relief when we entered the room. I actually brought my own sheets "just in case". So, we were very pleasantly surprised and since the rooms were very clean...not a bug in site...not a bad odor in site....the things ya worry about....i'd stay here again.
I have read the other reviews abt the manager being rude and I must say that the staff that i met (3-4 different people) were all nice. And the manager whom had jamacain accent was so very nice. So very nice...yes it was worth repeating. So unless there is another manager, i cant see how our manager was rude in any sense of the word. So, there must be a co-manager we ddnt meet perhaps. Anyway, there you have it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dover, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

2 night stay for girls weekend close to AC. Sandra was friendly and helpful. Rooms are very clean and offer many amenities for convenience. Microwave, small refrigerator, and hair dryer provided. Continental breakfast has waffles and fresh fruit as well as cereal, bagels, juices and coffee. Didn't notice any loud noise that would disturb a good night's sleep. Wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Carteret, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

The place is great, the hotel looks normal from outside but is really well maintained from inside. Some rooms have jacuzzi built in. But beware... The general manager is condescending and rude sometimes. If you manage to stay away from interacting with her everything else is smooth.

Giving the place 4 stars just because on couple of occasions I had to interact with the general manager regarding 2 hours early checkin, no hot water in room couple of times (this was fixed in 5 min) and I did not feel welcome to this place, but ignoring that really loved the overall stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Harrisburg, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

That lady change your fun trip into a depressed one. someone need to call from corporate and talk to her like a customer to find out how she treat new clients over the phone.
I went to a different hotel and the next day and ignored the rest of my 2 nights stay there.
If you want to have a bad day, just talk to that lady named Sandra.
no excuse or a reason she get that bad attitude against many clients unless the issue in her personality. This is my first time seeing her and hopefully the last time until corporate finds out that this lady is not the OWNER of the hotel to treat potential clients like low subjects and in a way that she is above everyone. No need to make your trip for fun turn to be a hassle.
If there is a review here that says anything different, I won't say it's fake, I will encourage you to deal with her to know that the review has been put by her or someone she knows.
Her attitude smells from too far and I warned you here.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Stayed here while visiting family in May's landing. Staff were friendly and helpful. Room was pretty nice and clean. The only drawback is the indoor swimming pool. I am very sensitive to chlorine. The minute you walk into the lobby, the smell of chlorine hits you. Pow! They need to update their ventilation system. They serve a complimentary continental breakfast. It is pretty good. Gets very crowded, though. All in all, I would stay again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Trumbull, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I thought the service and people who worked here were very good. I have seen mixed reviews. When we checked in the manager saw us at the desk. Minutes later we left our room to go to dinner and when I made eye contact with the manager she asked me how my room was. She greeted us each time she saw us. The hotel was clean and quite. I was concerned about being close to the pool and by an exit. We didn't hear noise. I didn't realize how full the hotel was until I went to breakfast. The hotel is older. There was a crack in the tub. I didn't mention that at check out but, I did mention that the remote didn't work well. The girl who check me out made a notation in a notebook that she had by her computer. I thought I was treated very well. I have stayed in other hotels on this road and they all seem to need a make over. I chose Clarion because the reviews were better than others. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North? Share your experiences!