“Vacation/family visit” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Absecon
GreenLeadersGold level
“Vacation/family visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Stayed here while visiting family in May's landing. Staff were friendly and helpful. Room was pretty nice and clean. The only drawback is the indoor swimming pool. I am very sensitive to chlorine. The minute you walk into the lobby, the smell of chlorine hits you. Pow! They need to update their ventilation system. They serve a complimentary continental breakfast. It is pretty good. Gets very crowded, though. All in all, I would stay again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Trumbull, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I thought the service and people who worked here were very good. I have seen mixed reviews. When we checked in the manager saw us at the desk. Minutes later we left our room to go to dinner and when I made eye contact with the manager she asked me how my room was. She greeted us each time she saw us. The hotel was clean and quite. I was concerned about being close to the pool and by an exit. We didn't hear noise. I didn't realize how full the hotel was until I went to breakfast. The hotel is older. There was a crack in the tub. I didn't mention that at check out but, I did mention that the remote didn't work well. The girl who check me out made a notation in a notebook that she had by her computer. I thought I was treated very well. I have stayed in other hotels on this road and they all seem to need a make over. I chose Clarion because the reviews were better than others. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I just returned from a horrific stay at this hotel. I was here for the weekend with my boyfriend's parents, sister, sister's husband, and two young kids (ages 6 and 3). For starters, we were unable to get an early check-in and the manager yelled at the kids for being too loud. Then my boyfriend and I went out to the casinos and called the hotel to get the free shuttle back to the hotel. At first, the manager started giving me push back about whether our party was checked in or not etc., and then she admitted that the shuttle was booked out for a wedding. Ummm...way to be honest initially. Very sketchy. To be clear, the hotel is about 15 minutes away from the Atlantic City boardwalk. It is not a good place to stay. The manager continued to be condescending after an unfortunate incident with a cab, took forever to clean one of our rooms even though we requested a cleaning, snapped at people during breakfast and then--icing on the cake---the hotel alarm went off at 11:30pm Sunday night waking all the guests up. Also, the bed was not comfortable and it hurt my young back. Honestly it felt like we were in an army boot camp the way the hotel was run. We have never been treated so rudely by hotel stuff. It was unbearably unpleasant. I've read other reviews and it looks like people have had similar complaints. Do yourself a favor and save your money. DO NOT stay here.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Middlesex, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We stayed there for one night and it was great. The only thing was their wifi was down. But other then that a great job. Clean room, hot food, and good coffee,, Easy to get to, 7 miles from AC and close to the NJ Parkway

Green Features: The manager was a whirl wind of making every thing just right for her guests.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
new jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I don't typically post reviews of hotels I stay at just for an overnight for work but I couldn't resist this one. It's important to understand that the Clarion is situated on a busy road packed with awful hotels one after another. So choices in this area are limited unless you want to go to Atlantic City which is a hassle for a work trip.
The Good: Check in was easy, fast and the young lady at the front desk was extremely pleasant.
Wifi was free and fast, the bathroom looked to be updated and the bed was very comfortable and I slept great.
The Bad: The curtains hang so far over the air conditioner that the air couldn't really circulate so I had to get out of bed and shove the curtain bottoms onto the shelf above the air conditioning unit. Breakfast was mediocre but the coffee was pretty bad--I stopped for some elsewhere when I left. The TV was of very poor quality so I had to turn the volume way up to hear it and then it was distorted--gave up on TV pretty quickly.
The Shabby: The credenza that had the TV on it was smashed on the bottom with wood chips around it (no bare feet there!). The desk chair was so worn out there were holes on the armrests and the stuffing was exposed. Also, there was a cable wire or electrical cord poorly wrapped around the divider to the small living area-kind of like someone forgot to drill a hole in the divider so they just ran it on the floor. It wasn't even tacked down--just loose on the floor.

Overall it was an ok place to get some sleep--could be nicer with a bit of effort I think--just edges into the acceptable category for me.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Sterling, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I was so happy to find a hotel that has a true family suite with 3 real beds, not a pull-out couch, and a real door between the 2 rooms. It is not an adjoining room so there is just the 1 bathroom to share. So many hotel chains will advertise a "suite" but it really is just a room with a 1/2 wall between the beds or a pull-out couch on one side of the room.
Our room was very clean with updated furnishings and plenty of towels. We could hear the TV in the room next door but the fan helped to block the noise. Breakfast was basic but good with several tables to sit down. Front desk staff understood what customer service is, which is getting more difficult to find these days. The pool was clean but a little small. Overall, a great deal for a quick trip to Atlantic City.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 3rd floor so you don't hear people above you.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I stayed here for the Junior Olympics June 11-13 with 40 teenagers! The rooms were nice and clean. The wifi wasn't the best and it took a while to get hot water in a few rooms but in other rooms it was very hot! all in all it was a great stay! I would stay again!

Stayed July 2014

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North? Share your experiences!