“Not bad” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Absecon/Atlantic City Area

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Absecon/Atlantic City Area to your Saves list
Super 8 Absecon/Atlantic City Area
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   229 E. Whitehorse Pike Rt 30, 1/2 mi off Garden State Pkwy, Absecon, NJ 08205   |
Ranked #12 of 24 hotels in Absecon
UNIONDALE
“Not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My boyfriend and I went to AC to see Chaka Khan in concert and instead of staying in the heart of AC for 1 night, we decided to look for a cheaper place. It was decently clean, there was a microwave and a mini fridge as well as a TV with a remote. The bathroom was clean and the water was nice and hot. It was a cheap stay and we actually will consider this place whenever we are doing a quick stay at AC. We arrived around 1130 and the man at the front office was very helpful and informative. We went to Dennys, which was right across the street from the motel. There is also a WaWa near by as well as a liquor store, and supermarket (i think it was shop rite). Overall this wasnt a palace but it was clean and it got the job done. Im usually VERY picky when it comes to places I stay in, but in general, this was a good stay...The only issue I had was that the chairs were a little dingy and soiled but other than that, have no complaints!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
LAKE HOPATCONG
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

When Sandy hit the Lake Hopatcong area with 60mph winds we lost power Monday night and didn't come back on until Friday about 12 days later. I ahd to leave my home and business and drive to Absecon NJ where my son lives. Though it was just 15 minutes outside of AC there was no power problems and NO GAS LINES! The last I was on the previous week took me 4 hours. Not only was Super 8 a clean comfortable and accommodating Motel but making reservations on line proved to be a great deal. I highly recommend this property with a great staff who will go out of their way to make your stay weather for business, pleasure, or in my case a life saver as pleasant as possible.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

COLLINGSWOOD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

the room and the bed was very clean. we was very satisfied with everything i would recommend this hotel to everybody.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

First of all let me say...you're staying at a Super 8. Don't expect it to be the Taj Mahal.
Stayed here a little over a year ago (In Sept. 2011 - wasn't able to choose that time frame) for a quick trip to AC. Was close to the Boardwalk without paying a million dollars. The room was average and was clean. Didn't notice any of the smells described in other reviews. Can't say the stay was spectacular, but I can't say it was horrible either. Just your normal, run-of-the-mill motel. Remember, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Hopatcong, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I have stayed here in the past and that was why I returned. This most recent visit was from 8/12/12 to 8/19/12. The room was clean including the carpet and the bathroom was spotless. The staff was friendly and helpful. If your looking for an inexpensive room look no further.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Long Island NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Book elsewhere!! I didn't give it 1 star b/c the front desk people were very nice and the cleaning lady was sweet. The sheets and matress were very clean. The toilet, shower, sink... all clean. The carpet was NOT. The chairs in the room were a breeding ground for who-knows-what?? Absolutely nasty! As usual with most places the bedspread was gross. But the clincher was the blanket under the bedspread which had so much vile, disgusting "stuff" on it that it took everything for me not to vomit! I traveled Friday, 7/20 with my husband and 2 sons. We can typically roll with just about anything! We wanted to avoid traffic on Saturday morning to the shore so we decided to find a decent place on TripAdvisor in the area. For years I have SWORN by TripAdvisor and have never been let down until we walked in that room! Another thing is the smell was overwhelming of cleaning chemicals but so strong we had to wonder if there was something nasty they were trying to cover up. This place might be ok for a group of 20-somethings but otherwise I would implore everyone to look elsewhere!! We packed up and left w/o saying a word to the front desk b/c we couldn't get out of there fast enough! Dumb, I know, but THAT is how badly we wanted to get out!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Absecon/Atlantic City Area? Share your experiences!