“bed bugs and roaches” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Absecon/Atlantic City Area

You added Super 8 Absecon/Atlantic City Area to your Saves list
Super 8 Absecon/Atlantic City Area
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   229 E. Whitehorse Pike Rt 30, 1/2 mi off Garden State Pkwy, Absecon, NJ 08205   |
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Absecon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
COLLINGSWOOD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

the room and the bed was very clean. we was very satisfied with everything i would recommend this hotel to everybody.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

First of all let me say...you're staying at a Super 8. Don't expect it to be the Taj Mahal.
Stayed here a little over a year ago (In Sept. 2011 - wasn't able to choose that time frame) for a quick trip to AC. Was close to the Boardwalk without paying a million dollars. The room was average and was clean. Didn't notice any of the smells described in other reviews. Can't say the stay was spectacular, but I can't say it was horrible either. Just your normal, run-of-the-mill motel. Remember, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Hopatcong, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I have stayed here in the past and that was why I returned. This most recent visit was from 8/12/12 to 8/19/12. The room was clean including the carpet and the bathroom was spotless. The staff was friendly and helpful. If your looking for an inexpensive room look no further.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Long Island NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Book elsewhere!! I didn't give it 1 star b/c the front desk people were very nice and the cleaning lady was sweet. The sheets and matress were very clean. The toilet, shower, sink... all clean. The carpet was NOT. The chairs in the room were a breeding ground for who-knows-what?? Absolutely nasty! As usual with most places the bedspread was gross. But the clincher was the blanket under the bedspread which had so much vile, disgusting "stuff" on it that it took everything for me not to vomit! I traveled Friday, 7/20 with my husband and 2 sons. We can typically roll with just about anything! We wanted to avoid traffic on Saturday morning to the shore so we decided to find a decent place on TripAdvisor in the area. For years I have SWORN by TripAdvisor and have never been let down until we walked in that room! Another thing is the smell was overwhelming of cleaning chemicals but so strong we had to wonder if there was something nasty they were trying to cover up. This place might be ok for a group of 20-somethings but otherwise I would implore everyone to look elsewhere!! We packed up and left w/o saying a word to the front desk b/c we couldn't get out of there fast enough! Dumb, I know, but THAT is how badly we wanted to get out!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
North Babylon, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I wish they had a zero rating I could give, we stayed in this horrible little place a year or so ago but had such bad experience that when this popped up on a travel site I had to put my 2 cents in. This place was so bad that we complained to Super 8 about it and were actually given a partial refund. I'd rather sleep in my car than stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Nauru
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Sketchy. 'Nonsmoking' room made our clothes smell after 10 minutes. The people at the desk were nice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Absecon/Atlantic City Area? Share your experiences!